Cheap and plentiful records that are AMAZING?

Soulsearch

18 hours ago, Geeselad said:

Really like that, not heard before. Surely the same group as 'cant wait for love'?

I think so. Can't wait for Love LP track isnt it ?....'Nowhere' also got a few plays (also on Shield), but I personally prefer 'Swing'.

Social source share

On 13/11/2021 at 21:17, Merve said:

One for the modern folks on here. A Soul Sam play from 1980 that never took off ....Worth a tenner of anyone's money 

Thankyou Merve, Just to reiterate - I am completely "obsessed" with this and have been humming it for two solid days now - its currently the best thing i have ever heard, ever LOL - Big thanks :) 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

10 hours ago, Imperial C said:

A little under the radar beauty for real world money.

An excellent version of Daybreak, also 1977, but always wondered why the credits on Daybreak (Dodson / Patrick Adams) had changed to Thomas / Gibson / Sylvester / Brewster /  LeSeve  on the Main Ingredient release ?!?  Any ideas ?

Social source share

8 hours ago, Ladymidnight said:

Not the same 45 as Game Players, Dave, but excellent all the same.

You're absolutely right, must of had a senior moment! a bit disconcerting as I have all these as cherished members of my collection. Cant imagine why I thought "Game players" was on the other side and not "Memories"

And before my mates pile in, only had one beer last night!!!!!!

Dave Banks

Social source share

1 hour ago, Hill868 said:

An excellent version of Daybreak, also 1977, but always wondered why the credits on Daybreak (Dodson / Patrick Adams) had changed to Thomas / Gibson / Sylvester / Brewster /  LeSeve  on the Main Ingredient release ?!?  Any ideas ?

None here, but as you say, excellent version👍

Edited by Imperial C
Social source share

On 13/11/2021 at 14:21, Soulsearch said:

Too much talk (albeit very interesting) about the ridiculous prices of some records at the moment, some £1000 records (to me) are awful?? (please do not mention any though)

As Christmas is coming, some cheap and cheerful but great classy records, say no more than £15 thereabouts but that were at some point played out at a Soul Club. There must be tonnes out there?

I will start with Bobby Cutchins - I did it again - Great record (to me) and a complete bargain and roughly about a tenner or so?

Thankyou "yet" Again 😉 

Sadly...Al Ford (Lasso) passed without much notice (to the soul community), Sept last year.

Social source share