Cheap and plentiful records that are AMAZING?

Soulsearch

2 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

You had a good run....

Ed

I did indeed, Thanks Ed!, a good few records posted that are certainly on my list now - proof you don't have to spend a fortune on amazing records - there are it seems plenty out there :) for the moment anyway............................ :) 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulsearch said:

Never heard that before! - Again on my list! - ps Not stealing your thunder Ed, but on't forget Helplessly also - 74p from Discogs????

maxresdefault.jpg

Another label full of wonderful sounds, a mostly bargains.

Helplessly was the more popular play back in the day.

Of course this was the monster sound. Don't have the legs for it now...at least all of it anyway:)

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

11 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

Another label full of wonderful sounds, a mostly bargains.

Helplessly was the more popular play back in the day.

Of course this was the monster sound. Don't have the legs for it now...at least all of it anyway:)

Ed

Yes Ed, another Fantastic one - Roulette was quite a label!! Problem is i was never there so i know the "classics" of the genres but an absolute miniscule amount and these posts again just show me how much more music is out there that i had no clue about. i think that is why for me its an ongoing interest and constant learning process which i am not sure can and will ever stop, i am going to be hearing records i have never heard before in another 30 years time. Fascinating. But have to say Merve's Kumano suggestion is the tops for me still - cant seem to get that flippin song out of me head :(bordering on obsession i think?, funny thing is when i first clicked on it i hated it, thought he was taking the "you know what" :) 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Soulsearch said:

Yes Ed, another Fantastic one - Roulette was quite a label!! Problem is i was never there so i know the "classics" of the genres but an absolute miniscule amount and these posts again just show me how much more music is out there that i had no clue about. i think that is why for me its an ongoing interest and constant learning process which i am not sure can and will ever stop, i am going to be hearing records i have never heard before in another 30 years time. Fascinating. But have to say Merve's Kumano suggestion is the tops for me still - cant seem to get that flippin song out of me head :(bordering on obsession i think?, funny thing is when i first clicked on it i hated it, thought he was taking the "you know what" :) 

Thats the common denominator...just when you think you've heard em all.....another dozen come along and add to the list.

First time I picked up manships guide, about 17 years ago....I could truly say I'd not heard half of the thousands upon thousands listed, and worse still, I could name a shed load not even listed, so how many did he miss, Then there's lp only tracks, it just goes on and on.

Still, it gives us all a level of humility that we don't know all there is to know, and still years and years of discovering new to us music.

Ed

• Up vote 3
Social source share

no real need for having various long running youtube clips topics nowadays

after a few days they usually start to wander from the original thrust and we then end up with a fair few similar topics covering similar ground 

makes sense to just use the one ....👍

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/forums/topic/415994-members-soul-plays-and-favs-2021/?do=getLastComment

Social source share