Cover-up

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Looking for THE SPOILERS "Sad Man's Land" b/w "Turbo Rock" (TURBO)

Any help much appreciated...

Contact me by PM please.

Sad Man's Land is also on their 45 on Tobin (yellow or blue label) but it has Hey Little Girl on the other side which is a fantastic stormer!

Does anyone know anything about this group?

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

Looking for THE SPOILERS "Sad Man's Land" b/w "Turbo Rock" (TURBO)

Any help much appreciated...

Contact me by PM please.

Sent you a PM. The Tobin release however I'm afraid :rolleyes:

Social source share

Sent you a PM. The Tobin release however I'm afraid :rolleyes:

The Tobin release is totally different, though, and (IMHO) way inferior to the Turbo one. It's not just a different mix, it sounds almost like a different group singing. The Tobin release almost sounds like a White group. It's worth getting, but the Turbo one is way better, at least if you're a sweet soul collector. The Tobin record also came out on Blue and Yellow labels, I think the Yellow is rarer.

Social source share

Guest Fredrik

The Tobin record also came out on Blue and Yellow labels, I think the Yellow is rarer.

Mine is the blue one. Seems to be a pretty rare record either way, right?

Social source share

Sad Man's Land is also on their 45 on Tobin (yellow or blue label) but it has Hey Little Girl on the other side which is a fantastic stormer!

Does anyone know anything about this group?

same spoilers as done the quality side spoilers rap ?

heres part 2

1787 refosoul

can't remember label off hand and no chance of finding it at moment

spoilers rap also got a release under a different group name, diff flip

again can't remember offhand name , think began with P ? pro... somethings? :thumbsup:

half sure was identical, if was and can put the missing pieces together then .... :P

Social source share

same spoilers as done the quality side spoilers rap ?

heres part 2

1787 refosoul

can't remember label off hand and no chance of finding it at moment

spoilers rap also got a release under a different group name, diff flip

again can't remember offhand name , think began with P ? pro... somethings? :)

half sure was identical, if was and can put the missing pieces together then .... :)

No. The spoilers on tobin/turbo is new york / new jersey. The spoilers who did "spoilers rap" is the persuasions on erica, from Chicago. The persuasions on erica has "Summer Ride" on the a-side. Leading that group is Larry Johnson, who was also lead of the Majestic Arrows, Elevation, and who was a member of the doowop group the moroccos and who was in an 80s version of the el doradoes. He's also a different Larry Johnson than the person who was with the Artistics.

Social source share

No. The spoilers on tobin/turbo is new york / new jersey. The spoilers who did "spoilers rap" is the persuasions on erica, from Chicago. The persuasions on erica has "Summer Ride" on the a-side. Leading that group is Larry Johnson, who was also lead of the Majestic Arrows, Elevation, and who was a member of the doowop group the moroccos and who was in an 80s version of the el doradoes. He's also a different Larry Johnson than the person who was with the Artistics.

nice one, not the same then, but filled in my gaps, thanks

like that sad mans land , see it got a uk release on london in 72

Social source share