JMAuction - 24/11/2021 - Results!

Zanetti

That New Yorkers Tac-Full 'teared down' label with a mere Radio City stamp on it might have a story of it's own but it's only that. Memory tells me that I've it before on the net... Not a real proper Radio City labeled that many have wondered the true existance of since the pre-internet days from papers collector's price guides. Post internet JM's price guide included. To say the least a rumored record deceptive on reveal once again. IMHO.

Social source share

Thanks for posting as usual.

This was virtually a Set Sale evening. Common records in the main, selling  for what they should go for. Just the odd rarity in the batch. By following John’s weekly auctions, you do at least have a good idea of the new stock he’s just had in. I guess that once a dealer has committed to having a weekly auction, they have to pad it out with common collectables to maintain interest.

Anyone know how many copies of Dream Team have been sold in recent years? You get the impression there are still dozens out there.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Just now, Tlscapital said:

That New Yorkers Tac-Full 'teared down' label with a mere Radio City stamp on it might have a story of it's own but it's only that. Memory tells me that I've it before on the net... Not a real proper Radio City labeled that many have wondered the true existance of since the pre-internet days from papers collector's price guides. Post internet JM's price guide included. To say the least a rumored record deceptive on reveal once again. IMHO.

it had the history and indeed is a genuine article and not one done by someone the uk.. that said it sort of proves tac-ful to be the original label. the promo sticker was just pasted on top of the tac-ful label. but the finishing price wasn`t really much more than a clean tac-ful copy would cost anyway imo

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

it had the history and indeed is a genuine article and not one done by someone the uk.. that said it sort of proves tac-ful to be the original label. the promo sticker was just pasted on top of the tac-ful label. but the finishing price wasn`t really much more than a clean tac-ful copy would cost anyway imo

Not sure anything is stuck on, think the label is torn and a stamp over the torn bit, had it me hands many years ago but memory not what it was

Social source share

4 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

look at the label edge chalky.. its bigger than the actual tac-ful  itself. defo looks pasted on top

Its been a good few years Dave since i saw his copy and i can't remember if the label was torn or if its pasted on top.I also don't think that there is an actual Radio City label copy. 

Social source share

Just now, Wheelsville1 said:

Its been a good few years Dave since i saw his copy and i can't remember if the label was torn or if its pasted on top.I also don't think that there is an actual Radio City label copy. 

no i dont think dont want to be your fool came out on radio city altho the wonderful flip did. also i dont know if you noticed but  this is a footballer copy and not the rarer logo leading me to believe footballer is the first press

Social source share

6 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

no i dont think dont want to be your fool came out on radio city altho the wonderful flip did. also i dont know if you noticed but  this is a footballer copy and not the rarer logo leading me to believe footballer is the first press

Once again i am in agreement with you,i definitely think the football logo is the first press. 

Social source share

44 minutes ago, Midnight Drifter said:

I'd agree, those are JM prices.. as we have discussed about at length on here, he manages to achieve above market prices.. if nothing else for his admittedly top notch sales pitches

Yes he's the Drew Pritchard (Salvage Hunters) of Northern Soul😁

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!