How many female singers sang in the Ikettes??

Mal C

Just reading on Discogs that Judy Stokes of 'Kiss Our Love Goodbye' fame was in the Ikettes, I hope that is correct, anyhow there is a long list of names under the Members tab on their Discogs entry, allot with lines thorugh, not sure what that means, but how many great singers sang with or along side the Ikettes??

Mal

A-299690-1464330557-7269.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

I compared the Ikettes to the Temptations- I believe if a line is drawn through the name, it means that 

the person is not in the current lineup.

There's a couple of entries that I wonder about  - when was Bonnie Bramlett an Ikette? Or did she 

just do some backup work in the studio?   Also, why is Jimmy Thomas considered an Ikette? I know he 

was part of the original Ike and Tina Revue but he's listed under Jimmy and Jean as being in the group. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 06/12/2021 at 18:12, The Yank said:

I compared the Ikettes to the Temptations- I believe if a line is drawn through the name, it means that 

There's a couple of entries that I wonder about  - when was Bonnie Bramlett an Ikette? Or did she 

just do some backup work in the studio?   Also, why is Jimmy Thomas considered an Ikette? I know he 

was part of the original Ike and Tina Revue but he's listed under Jimmy and Jean as being in the group. 

Bonnie was the first white singer in the Ikettes

https://www.whereseric.com/the-vault/biographies-band-members-and-collaborators/bramlett-bonnie

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

On 06/12/2021 at 14:55, Mal C said:

Just reading on Discogs that Judy Stokes of 'Kiss Our Love Goodbye' fame was in the Ikettes, I hope that is correct, anyhow there is a long list of names under the Members tab on their Discogs entry, allot with lines thorugh, not sure what that means, but how many great singers sang with or along side the Ikettes??

Mal

A-299690-1464330557-7269.jpeg.jpg

She was indeed

http://www.sirshambling.com/artists_2012/S/judy_stokes/index.php

Social source share

On 06/12/2021 at 18:12, The Yank said:

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!