Rarest Stock Copy

Zanetti
Go to solution Solved by Geeselad,

Interesting thread opened by Mr. Thorley in 2010
(I actually have to look at it again in a quiet minute).
Wouldn't there perhaps a thread or exchange of opinions after the rarest stock copy fit?
If it does not make sense, the admin may like to close this case here ... but I think I would like!

Of course, the whites are already something special, but it also goes the other way around - you know it too.

Gladly also English pressings - that is absolutely not my area - (Darrell Banks?)

Gladly a versatile exchange desired - Stay healthy

*Oh I see - I have not secured now, whether there was this question already - Mea Culpa? +reactivated+

I simply begin ⬇️

R-12331880-1630563668-4777.jpeg.jpg

R-4513978-1475888147-4322.jpeg.jpg

Edited by Zanetti
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• Replies 434
  • Views 53.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

59 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Interesting thread opened by Mr. Thorley in 2010
(I actually have to look at it again in a quiet minute).
Wouldn't there perhaps a thread or exchange of opinions after the rarest stock copy fit?
If it does not make sense, the admin may like to close this case here ... but I think I would like!

Of course, the whites are already something special, but it also goes the other way around - you know it too.

Gladly also English pressings - that is absolutely not my area - (Darrell Banks?)

Gladly a versatile exchange desired - Stay healthy

*Oh I see - I have not secured now, whether there was this question already - Mea Culpa? +reactivated+

I simply begin ⬇️

R-12331880-1630563668-4777.jpeg.jpg

R-4513978-1475888147-4322.jpeg.jpg

Arent the phil la soul’ yellow on one side and white on the other?

the red larry clinton cant be that rare,my mate has 2 of them…yes i speak the truth!

Social source share

19 hours ago, Dobber said:

the red larry clinton cant be that rare,my mate has 2 of them…yes i speak the truth!

Thx Dobber - if your buddy is one of the few, with the portion of extra luck, the disc can be still very rare ..

Edited by Zanetti
Social source share

19 hours ago, Dobber said:

There are three red stockers, Eddie Holman confirmed this.  The ones seen for sale are the same two copies going round.

Shouldn't you start another topic for issues/stock copies?

Social source share

7 hours ago, Dobber said:

You own a green issue? That has to be the only one known? Ive had a white one and thats bloody rare,but a green one…seriously rare!

I've seen the green one a few times in L.A. back when it was out.  But, I'll admit that the white DJ was a LOT more common, and then, the red stocker.  I'm pretty sure we carried it at Dolphins of Hollywood.

9 hours ago, Lambrettagp200 said:

ADF18888-3B96-4ECA-8828-81131CF2A090.thumb.jpeg.a3ae8718c75209dc60e82a45e75ef8c1.jpeg3571C673-62D0-4813-9C88-A8AC401F2FEB.thumb.jpeg.4bc7eeb3fedde0e938824da524379c54.jpeg

WoW!!! A Charles Brandy stocker!!!  I've NEVER seen one of those!!!

Social source share

6 hours ago, Robbk said:

I've seen the green one a few times in L.A. back when it was out.  But, I'll admit that the white DJ was a LOT more common, and then, the red stocker.  I'm pretty sure we carried it at Dolphins of Hollywood.

WoW!!! A Charles Brandy stocker!!!  I've NEVER seen one of those!!!

You mention a red issue on omen? 

Social source share

A black issue ABC Paramount of The Yum Yums  "Gonna Be A Big Thing" is rare.

Also black Kapp issues of Patti and the Emblems and Rubin are nice!

Carol & Gerri on black MGM also the Charades are a lot rarer than the demos.  Then there's all the RCA issues.  Not the rarest issues, but not too easy either!

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

55 minutes ago, Zanetti said:

Isn't the issue red and the promo record white?
A blue stock copy?

its dark blue with silver text

tony dutton from harrogate got it from john manship.. when tony sold up it went back to JM

just goes to show its probably rarer than anything else mentioned on this thread as you cant google the image.. i`ve had it in my hands several times over the years.. he also had a blue king issue of slowly moulding

Edited by Dave Pinch
Social source share

2 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I can't work out if it's Detroit or Chicago, as when Andre Williams released on Avin it was only a couple of months after a Fortune release in Detroit, but Dave Wilkerson is Chicago

How annoying

In Bob Pruter's book "Chicago Soul", he calls Avin "a local label". So- I would go with Chicago. 

And, there could be a connection with Avin and the Celtex label as both use Celtex Music for their releases. If that is true, Billy Lasley would be behind those labels and O-Pex and Expo. 

Edited by The Yank
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!