• Replies 17
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Not as good as Sam Williams...don't think it's on a cd though

link

First played by Richard Searling, late 70's methinks. Good version, but can't match Ohio Players. IMO.

Social source share

Yeah it an unreleased version.

The best one has got to be Sam Williams, but off the Grapevine 45 - as far as I know, it's the only time it's ever appeared in it's entirety, it's 30 seconds longer than the 45 or any compilation appearance. The B side is a great version of You Don't Mean It by Towanda/Gloria Barnes, which was also recorded by...Ohio Players

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Yeah it an unreleased version.

The best one has got to be Sam Williams, but off the Grapevine 45 - as far as I know, it's the only time it's ever appeared in it's entirety, it's 30 seconds longer than the 45 or any compilation appearance.  The B side is a great version of You Don't Mean It by Towanda/Gloria Barnes, which was also recorded by...Ohio Players

link

I LOVE that version by Ohio Players, a shame the version on the Lp is recorded at such a low level laugh.gif although the 45 is in the post for me as we speak (type?) :yes:

best

Leo

Social source share

As you all know, I don't know a great deal about record history etc.

But what I do know is that the Ohio Players version of 'LSTMF' is out of this world.

First heard it off that 'Soul Satisfaction' CD comp. Being impatient, I can't wait until I get home to read the liner notes before asking this question:

What format/s was it released on?

Is it available/price?

If not, could anyone guide me through the minefield of whether there is an acceptable method of having said tune in 7" format??

Ta

Jamie.

Social source share

As you all know, I don't know a great deal about record history etc.

But what I do know is that the Ohio Players version of 'LSTMF' is out of this world.

First heard it off that 'Soul Satisfaction' CD comp. Being impatient, I can't wait until I get home to read the liner notes before asking this question:

What format/s was it released on?

Is it available/price?

If not, could anyone guide me through the minefield of whether there is an acceptable method of having said tune in 7" format??

Ta

Jamie.

link

It's an LP track, not sure if it was released at the time but more like a cash in when they became famous. I may be wrong. I've had 6 of these cut onto 7" for people in the last 3 weeks, there's no other way to get it on a 7" than make your own!

Social source share

It's an LP track, not sure if it was released at the time but more like a cash in when they became famous. I may be wrong.  I've had 6 of these cut onto 7" for people in the last 3 weeks, there's no other way to get it on a 7" than make your own!

link

Thanks Pete :)

Could you tell me what the album is called?

If so, have you got one, and how much would I expect to pay?

Cheers,

Jamie wink.gif

Social source share

Thanks Pete  :)

Could you tell me what the album is called?

If so, have you got one, and how much would I expect to pay?

Cheers,

Jamie  wink.gif

link

Jamie,

Its a greatest hits album on US Trip records.

Seen it @ £30-£100. Be lacky you norvern mankey :P

Social source share

Guest Johnny One Trout

Jamie,

Its a greatest hits album on US Trip records.

Seen it @ £30-£100. Be lacky you norvern mankey  :)

link

Isn't Trip the re-issue label???

Social source share

Isn't Trip the re-issue label???

link

Yes, JOT , Think it was a music for pleasure type operation.. Not seen the other one :)

Edited by BLADEFORLIFE
Social source share

I'm sure i've heard that the Herman Hitson acetate is actually a guy called Nate Adams. He has a 45 on Atlantic called "I'm gonna be good". I'll have to try and listen to them both to see if the voice is the same.

In the 70s film Superfly, Nate Adams comes up in the credits as one of the drug dealers. Only presuming that theres a link between these three things.

Ohio Players version is on the Trip album called "Superpak".

Tomo

Social source share

Ohio Players version is on the Trip album called "Superpak".

Tomo

link

The album I've always seen it on is a Trip album titled something like "16 Great Hits". If you look around you can pick it up for $10 / $20 or so.

Before I got the album I bought a cheap Greatest Hits CD that had Love Slips... on it. It sounded like it had been recorded off granny's radiogramme from a mic in her coal shed.

Godz

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!