Mike

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

• 2 weeks later...

On 09/01/2022 at 13:07, Wicked said:

I was at the Major Lance night on Colwyn Bay pier but got thrown out by the bouncers  before he came on stage. 

That must be why you're called Wicked!

I managed to see the gig and saw him a few months earlier too, at Hinckley where they recorded a live album. Managed to go back stage at Colwyn Bay and meet him, along with Frank Allison, Gaynor Mantle and Mark (Chunky) Lawton - happy days!

This is me pictured with the Major (courtesy of Chunky) - I'm the one on the right...

me and the major.jpeg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

3 hours ago, souljourns said:

That must be why you're called Wicked!

I managed to see the gig and saw him a few months earlier too, at Hinckley where they recorded a live album. Managed to go back stage at Colwyn Bay and meet him, along with Frank Allison, Gaynor Mantle and Mark (Chunky) Lawton - happy days!

This is me pictured with the Major (courtesy of Chunky) - I'm the one on the right...

me and the major.jpeg

That pic must be 80's, I was thrown out of the '73 gig. Didn't actually do any thing I was just standing in the wrong place at the wrong time and ended up on my back on the pier with my jacket ripped. I did see him a few months later at Leeds Queens Hall. I'm not a Major Lance fan to be honest. 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!