New Year's Eve

Guest Trifle

Sorry if this is already up on here somewhere... :)

Anyone got any recommendations for NYE?

A lot of my mates are doing the Local pub thing so they don't have to drive ... but I'd rather not spend my last night of 2004 with a bunch of chavs (that's the locals, not me mates :P ).

Sheridan's is too far unfortunately blush.gif

What's the Wheatsheaf like?

With thanks in anticipation.... :yes:

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Hi Trifle. I'v been to the previous two at the Wheatshef. Both were excellent. The 'Northern' room is upstairs, and not that big, (think of TOS without the dancefloor :P )

Downstairs a more crossover/modern, without wanting to annoy the pidgeon hole police, is the order. I have even seen a very drunk Janine dancing to George Benson - On Broadway, after loosing a bet :)blush.gif

Her that is, not me :yes:

Edited by in town Mikey

Sorry if this is already up on here somewhere...  :)

A lot of my mates are doing the Local pub thing so they don't have to drive ... but I'd rather not spend my last night of 2004 with a bunch of chavs (that's the locals, not me mates  :P ).

Sheridan's is too far unfortunately  blush.gif  

link

==========

There's always St Neots Sherry

Winnie:-)

Sorry if this is already up on here somewhere...  blush.gif

A lot of my mates are doing the Local pub thing so they don't have to drive ... but I'd rather not spend my last night of 2004 with a bunch of chavs (that's the locals, not me mates  :) ).

Sheridan's is too far unfortunately  :)  

link

Let me know where you're going Trifle, that way I can avoid the flying elbow :P

have a good xmas etc

Dave G

Let me know where you're going Trifle, that way I can avoid the flying elbow  :yes:

have a good xmas etc

Dave G

link

:P Dave, why must you taunt me so....

Anyway, it was my shoulder. :)

St Neots was a bit flat (for me) last year... in my sobriety, and besides I want to try something different.

Winnifred... you still doing Sheridans? Or still can't make up your everchanging mind?

So the Wheatsheaf only has a small Northern room?? Sounds like a bleedin scooter rally. George Benson only does it for me whilst I'm dusting or washin up, so the Wheatsheaf it aint then. blush.gif

Any other suggestions?

Guest in town Mikey

I stand by my assertion that the Wheatsheaf is a cracking night.

The music quality far outweighs the venue.

The Northern room is small, but perfectly adequate. Give it a go mate. I doubt you will be disappointed.

Edited by in town Mikey

:yes: Dave, why must you taunt me so....

Anyway, it was my shoulder.  :P

St Neots was a bit flat (for me) last year... in my sobriety, and besides I want to try something different.

Winnifred... you still doing Sheridans? Or still can't make up your everchanging mind?

So the Wheatsheaf only has a small Northern room??  Sounds like a bleedin scooter rally.  George Benson only does it for me whilst I'm dusting or washin up, so the Wheatsheaf it aint then.  :(

Any other suggestions?

link

============

I have a ticket for Sheridans, but my everchanging mind is/has/always the/and/will be the bane of my life. Think I was born into the wrong body, speaking from a gender based point of view :thumbsup::yes:

Winnie:-)

LifeLine & Soultown Rare Soul All-nighter

Sheridans, Dewsbury, West Yorkshire

31 Dec 2004 (Fri) Start Time: 21:00

Looks like the place to party New Years Eve will be Sheridans in Dewsbury as Lifeline and Soultown Soul Clubs combine forces to bring you TEN top DJ's to see in the New Year.

The full line up is....

Representing the Lifeline Soul Club will be Andy Dyson, Mick H, Tim Brown, Arthur Fenn & Chalky and for Soultown Soul Club we have Carl Willingham, Rob Thomas, Mark Bicknall, Paul Sadot & Andy McCabe. A feast of quality Soul is guaranteed.

For details/tickets etc...

Andy Dyson @ Dysonsoul@aol.com or telephone 01302 744927

Mick H @ Trentsoul@aol.com or telephone 07968 030464

Andy McCabe on 07792164683

Chalky @ chalky@soultown.eclipse.co.uk or telephone 07743 863523

There are a few tickets left. This week and boxing Day at the Ritz are your last chance to get one. After boxing day, any left over and it will be strictly first come first serve @ £22. The reason for the price being £22 is to pay for door staff if required although we fully expect this to be sold out by boxing day. Don't miss out get one now while you have the chance.

Edited by chalky

Firstly I always honour a bet, so I am excused from dancing to disco shite, and in my defence I was rather tipsy after spending the previous two days/nights on a binge with Ady Lupton. Can't agree with your sentiments on the night though Mikey, I seem to remember there being no room to dance in the northern room, and the little space that was created by yourself and Ady didn't last too long before it was shoulder to shoulder with glittery boob tubes and spilt drinks, that was the only reason I ventured down stairs (to the taunts and jibes of the disco bunnies thinking they had converted me) NEVER

Last year I also did StNeots, but as with any do, it's the company which make it special, I booked a hotel just down the road to the venue and got wasted

Sherridens will no doubt be a blinding night, and if it wasn't for the location I would without a doubt be heading north myself, but after a 6 hour drive up there then the nighter I can't face a 6 hour drive back to Kent, and will also need a bit of sobering up time, sadly hotels in this country don't book by the hour and im not dosing in a car for 5 or 6 hours freezing cold to get into a hotel room. Or going to the expense of booking a room for two nights.

So probably StNeots for me, was that of any help to you :thumbsup:thmbdn.gif

Thank you for your honesty Janine. Yes, it does help actually. I wake up at night in hot sweats from nightmares about postage stamp sized dancefloors....

So, looks like I'll be going to my adoptive Soul Mum n Soul Dad's party instead. :good:

Y'ALL HAVE FUN WHATEVER YOU DO THIS NEW YEAR'S EVE, BUT REMEMBER...... erm .... soul is for life..... not just for Christmas. :thumbsup:

:search:

Guest MonkeyMod

For those of you of a more Modernist bent ( :( ) there's the Soul/R&B allnighter at Torts, 78 High Holborn. 10 til 6. £12/15.

DJs: Lee Miller, Roger Banks, Catford Chris Dale, Mark Raison, Rob Bailey.

Mr McCabe, Can i do another warm up spot in the lounge/bar area please New Years Eve, really wanna play some lesser known down to mid tempo tunes if i can pretty please sir.

Really looking forward to this one, even though i might have to go straight to work New Years day...oh well it will be worth it, see you at de bar.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Guest in town Mikey

For those of you of a more Modernist bent ( :wicked: ) there's the Soul/R&B allnighter at Torts, 78 High Holborn.  10 til 6.  £12/15.

DJs:  Lee Miller, Roger Banks, Catford Chris Dale, Mark Raison, Rob Bailey.

link

Catfood Chris Dale??

Was he the fella who got Rubin on the felix cat food advert??

:thumbsup:

Sheridans for me, look forward to seeing some of you there whistling.gif

link

I shall be there Rachel, will be good to catch up, as long as neither one of us is inside for killing members of the family over xmas :wicked:

I shall be there Rachel, will be good to catch up, as long as neither one of us is inside for killing members of the family over xmas  :P

link

Got through it without any murders or other imprisonable offences so I will see you Friday Karen, look forward to catching up :P