Jump to content

Version Battles - Suggestions... ?


Source
 Share

Recommended Posts

Hurt so bad susan raffey,little Anthony,Nancy Wilson, philly devotions just a few of many that performed this great tune for starters happy new year to all 

Edited by Steviehay
  • Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Social source share

Many rivers to cross? Lots of covers but 3 good ones by soul artists in Percy Sledge, Little Milton and Martha Reeves.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Social source share

20 hours ago, Steviehay said:

Hurt so bad susan raffey,little Anthony,Nancy Wilson, philly devotions just a few of many that performed this great tune for starters happy new year to all 

we need to keep it to around 3 choices - can ya nominate the 3 versions you'd like to see?

Link to comment
Social source share

6 minutes ago, Source said:

we need to keep it to around 3 choices - can ya nominate the 3 versions you'd like to see?

Take away Nancy Wilson 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

Here's a few more suggestions.

What becomes of the broken hearted. Jimmy Ruffin, The Contours or Baby Washington?

Slip away. Tyrone Davis, Clarence Carter or Don Bryant?

The Weight. Aretha, Staple Singers or Supremes/Temps?

Link to comment
Social source share

Good shout for a great tune. Maybe include ' Sonji clay ' on that list, cheers

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

How about some true soul classics; midnite hour, tighten up, grazing in the grass, must be absolutely loads of all three.

Link to comment
Social source share

thanks for all your suggestions both here and via the support feature 👍

there are some limitations

usually the best number of choices is a max of 3 due to layout issues on the highlight blocks

 most of our past polls can be read via 

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/search/?&q=poll%3A &quick=1&search_and_or=and&search_in=titles&sortby=newest

Link to comment
Social source share

Hi not sure if this has been done.  

On 08/01/2022 at 08:48, Source said:

Anyone like to pass on suggestions for our sometimes regular 'version battles' poll ?

 

Just tap this and send them in

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/support/create/

👍

Hi not sure if this has been done. 

Bellboys/ Jackie Wilson 

I don't want to lose you 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

On 09/01/2022 at 20:23, Douglaschip said:

Your Song

The Dell's

The Four Tops

Laura Lee

That’s a tough one !

Link to comment
Social source share

Walk on by - Dells, Isaac Hayes or Lou Johnson?

When she touches me - Solomon Burke, Rodge Martin or Mighty Sam?

Just a touch of your hand - Al Gardner, Don Bryant or Paul Vann?

The Chokin' kind - Joe Simon, Mavis Staples or ZZ Hill?

Reach out for me - Sweet Inspirations, Roy Hamilton or  Willie Tee?

 

 

Link to comment
Social source share

5 hours ago, Westender said:

Walk on by - Dells, Isaac Hayes or Lou Johnson?

When she touches me - Solomon Burke, Rodge Martin or Mighty Sam?

Just a touch of your hand - Al Gardner, Don Bryant or Paul Vann?

The Chokin' kind - Joe Simon, Mavis Staples or ZZ Hill?

Reach out for me - Sweet Inspirations, Roy Hamilton or  Willie Tee?

 

 

I'd want, Lou Johnson in the reach out for me!

Link to comment
Social source share

'what does it take' jnr Walker or any version from down the rabbit hole, ditto for James Phelps 'the look on your face'. Maybe re title the thread 'great track, any way it comes'! 

  • Up vote 1
Link to comment
Social source share

8 hours ago, Chas said:

'what does it take' jnr Walker or any version from down the rabbit hole, ditto for James Phelps 'the look on your face'. Maybe re title the thread 'great track, any way it comes'! 

 

Link to comment
Social source share

Mike has these already, but a good 4 to listen to...

Aki Aleong – Giving Up on Love

Three Midnighters - Giving Up on Love

Sonny Childe - Giving Up On Love

Jerry Butler - Giving up on Love

Link to comment
Social source share

We'll Be Satisfied -Temptations,  Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell  , Frank Wilson

Truly Yours ,Temptations ,Spinners ,Ivy Joe 

Link to comment
Social source share

Are you lonely for me - Al Green, Chuck Jackson or Freddie Scott?

I had a talk with my man - Mitty Collier, Dusty or Inez Foxx?

Nothing takes the place of you - Toussaint McCall, William Bell or Johnny Adams?

 

 

 

Link to comment
Social source share

Just now, Westender said:

Are you lonely for me - Al Green, Chuck Jackson or Freddie Scott?

I had a talk with my man - Mitty Collier, Dusty or Inez Foxx?

Nothing takes the place of you - Toussaint McCall, William Bell or Johnny Adams?

 

 

 

thanks again for more suggestions, but as it's only a once a week sort of thing only really after 1 or 2 from each member, maybe with the ones you have posted you could pick say 1 or 2 as your preferred suggestion?

Link to comment
Social source share

4 hours ago, Source said:

thanks again for more suggestions, but as it's only a once a week sort of thing only really after 1 or 2 from each member, maybe with the ones you have posted you could pick say 1 or 2 as your preferred suggestion?

Sorry got a bit carried away!

The 3 versions of When she touches me are great and very hard to pick a favourite. That that would be my choice to go with. 

Link to comment
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Log in to Soul Source

Jump right back in!

Log in now!
 Share

  1. Poll: Version Battles - Hurt So Bad
    All About The Soul by Source on Wed 12 Jan 2022
    • 45 / 1293
    • Steviehay on 18 Jan 2022
  2. No More Battles Between 'oldies' & 'newies' ?
    All About The Soul by ged parker on Thu 02 Jul 2009
    • 10 / 989
    • Guest on 03 Jul 2009
  3. Slow/mid-tempo New Orleans - Any Suggestions?
    All About The Soul by ljblanken on Sun 04 Feb 2018
    • 11 / 837
    • Roburt on 05 Feb 2018
  4. Northern In The Msm - Soundtrack Suggestions ?
    All About The Soul by mike on Wed 09 Dec 2015
    • 15 / 1359
    • Rhino on 14 Dec 2015
  5. Suggestions Please... Good Female Crossover Choons
    Look At Your Box by eddiep on Mon 15 Oct 2012
    • 26 / 1508
    • Dave Harrison on 08 Nov 2012
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.