• Replies 18
  • Views 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest in town Mikey

Nice tune.

I treated the office to that, and it went down quite well.

Now someone has asked me 'what is Northern Soul?'

MMMMWWWWWWAAA HHHAAHHHAA :yes:laugh.gif

Social source share

yes, pete good one. I also think that "Stumble and Fall" is a dynamite track. How do you think that one would go down? I also think "Do I Love You" by the Ronettes has some northern appeal. Even Nilsson's Modern Folk Quartet on disc 3 has a nice beat.

KTF

Jas

link

Well Stumble & fall has been played in the past, trouble is it got reissued on warner-spector 45 so that probably killed it. Do I Love You is fantastic but too common sadly. There's some great Spector soundalikes been played though...Hang On by The Wall Of Sound for a start.

Social source share

Pete, yet another one of your MP3's I can't play! :yes: You were right, I'll have to trade in the old Amiga. :yes:

Luckily I've got it already on a CD, The Best Of Darlene Love (Marginal, Brussels), bought off Ebay sometime last year. Purely for this track as I was told on here that it wasn't available as a single. Also on it is Too Late To Say You're Sorry, which everytime I see a copy of for sale, seems to go for about £150 - £200+! :angry:

Why is it all the records I want are the ones I can't afford! :thumbsup:

Social source share

apart from this being a deadly tune you gotta admire Darlene for being one of the very few people to stand up to phil spector AND she wore a blonde wig years before beyonce took to dying her hair blonde

pete - why do you think it's too fast? seems to me 2 be just the right pace for dancin' to :)

Social source share

I played it on Friday night at the Caledonia Soul Club . Tommy Cockburn put me on to it (I think).

It's also on the Best of Darlene Love CD

https://www.cduniverse.com/search/xx/music/...arlene+Love.htm

I must try Stumble and Fall.

This could be the night by The MFQ is a favourite of mine and Brian Wilson. Rodney Bingheimer used it as the theme for his Los Angeles radio show.

Social source share

Guest LeoLyxxx

Really good this! :thumbsup: One track i've been listening a lot to lately is Ronettes "how does it feel?" (Philles) i really like it and it's a manic girlie stomper (flip to "walkin' in the rain") and will cost about 1$ i would guess :yes:

best

Leo

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!