Help with record decks

Frankie M

Not being a techy in any way one of our numark decks (left side) appears not as loud as the right hand one ,though volume is set exactly same level on mixer ,mixer is new after we thought this was the cause and it was replaced ,any ideas good people,,so we can at least understand. 

Thanks

Social source share

have you tried the leads from the right hand side into your mixer(swop the left to the right if you get me ),is there any difference could be a lead problem ?? ps i could always come round frank and have a look regards steve

Edited by Steviehay
Social source share

Thanks Steve ,I will mention it  mate and come back to you if it doesn't work out 

Cheers

Frank

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Could be a problem with the Channels on your amp , make sure the connections there are ok . also test right and left channels with another input source to see if the problem remains , if it does , then there you go . 

Social source share

2 hours ago, Frankie M said:

Not being a techy in any way one of our numark decks (left side) appears not as loud as the right hand one ,though volume is set exactly same level on mixer ,mixer is new after we thought this was the cause and it was replaced ,any ideas good people,,so we can at least understand. 

Thanks

Are they standalone decks? If so, it's worth checking on the underside of both to see if there's a gain dial - and if there is, making sure they're both set to the same output level. I have an old Numark TTUSB turntable and that has a gain control on the underside as well as an output setting. Might be worth checking that as well and making sure both are on the same output setting.

Don't know if that helps, but hope it does.

Social source share

I would also check the connections between the cartridge and arm. Unscrew the cartirdge and clean the contacts inside the arm and on the cartridge with a cotton wool bud soaked in an electrical cleaning solution https://www.wikihow.com/Clean-Electrical-Contacts

I had a similar problem it was resolved by cleaning these contacts. Hope this helps.

Social source share

• New Members

Hi the problem could just be your cartridge or even the stylus starting to fail, First try unscrewing the heads and swapping them to eliminate that side first, Hope this helps

Social source share

• New Members

Sounds like your mixer is not balanced to be the same both sides , swap decks over see if that changes it , to rule out connection problem , return mixer if new 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

1. I Need Some Help And Info On Mexican Soul Record! Help
    Look At Your Box by on Mon 21 Aug 2006
    • 10 / 1395
    • Dante on 23 Aug 2006
  2. Arthur Griswold & The Organics Help! Help! Help