Jean Battle On Shiptown

Sean Hampsey

Below is a pic of Jean Battle "Unsatisfied Woman" on Shiptown.

I've had this 45 for years and asked quite a few people about it... but so far drawn a blank.

It's on the flipside of Barbara Stant's "You Know I Love You".

On all other copies of this record (that I've seen) the "Unsatisfied Woman" track is credited to Barbara Stant.

I need your help.

If you've got the Barbara Stant "You Know I Love You" record, please let me know what's on the flip of your copy.

Being an 'all things Sam Dees' collector, I've just been very curious for a long time about this one and almost offered it to the recent 'Misprint Label' thread... but I think it deserves a thread on its own... cos' its not, from what I can see, a simple misprint.

The Jean Battle side even credits 'arranged by Dale Warren' as does the Clintone copy, whereas the Barba Stant "Unsatisfied Woman" credits Norah Biggs.

It may well be as common as doggy doo... but I'd be interested to know if that is the case or not.

Any thoughts? Help?

Much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Sean Hampsey

post-4120-1171123810_thumb.jpg

Social source share

• Replies 5
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Below is a pic of Jean Battle "Unsatisfied Woman" on Shiptown.

I've had this 45 for years and asked quite a few people about it... but so far drawn a blank.

It's on the flipside of Barbara Stant's "You Know I Love You".

On all other copies of this record (that I've seen) the "Unsatisfied Woman" track is credited to Barbara Stant.

I need your help.

If you've got the Barbara Stant "You Know I Love You" record, please let me know what's on the flip of your copy.

Being an 'all things Sam Dees' collector, I've just been very curious for a long time about this one and almost offered it to the recent 'Misprint Label' thread... but I think it deserves a thread on its own... cos' its not, from what I can see, a simple misprint.

The Jean Battle side even credits 'arranged by Dale Warren' as does the Clintone copy, whereas the Barba Stant "Unsatisfied Woman" credits Norah Biggs.

It may well be as common as doggy doo... but I'd be interested to know if that is the case or not.

Any thoughts? Help?

Much appreciated.

:thumbsup:

Sean Hampsey

my copy has "unsatisfied woman" on the flip credited to BARBARA STANT but the soul harmony singles book lists it as crediting JEAN BATTLE. I've seen it your way before. Not sure which one is rarer. I love the cut "you know that I love you".

Social source share

my copy has "unsatisfied woman" on the flip credited to BARBARA STANT but the soul harmony singles book lists it as crediting JEAN BATTLE. I've seen it your way before. Not sure which one is rarer. I love the cut "you know that I love you".

Thanks Bob, that's a good start.

Agreed the Topside (You Know I Love You) is the best track, but regarding the flip it's a wierd one.

I've got both copies (Barbara Stant & Jean Battle). Both have the exact same matrix and both play Barbara Stant's version of "Unsatisfied Woman" ... so why the name change on the flip?

unsure.gif

Sean

Social source share

• 11 years later...
On 10/02/2007 at 20:19, Sean Hampsey said:

Thanks Bob, that's a good start.

Agreed the Topside (You Know I Love You) is the best track, but regarding the flip it's a wierd one.

I've got both copies (Barbara Stant & Jean Battle). Both have the exact same matrix and both play Barbara Stant's version of "Unsatisfied Woman" ... so why the name change on the flip?

unsure.gif

Sean

Sean there is little info on Jean and or Barbara and there was another discussion about Shiptown and they might be able to help

I fund this on google and wondered sadly if it might be Jean

https://www.legacy.com/obituaries/portsmouth-dailytimes/obituary.aspx?n=jean-battle&pid=175583560&fhid=30637

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!