Fred Parris R.I.P.

8 hours ago, Rick Scott said:

What a SAD last few years it has been and here yet another hero passes Away

RIP Fred Paris and condolences to all his Family and Friends 

It has been a common misconception for a long time but the "Freddie Paris" who recorded an LP and two single releases on RCA in 1967 - including "There She Goes" - is a completely different person from the "Fred" Parris (two "r's" in his surname) who has just passed and who was far better known as the lead singer of RnB/Doo-Wop legends The Five Satins ("In The Still of the Night")and who later recorded those great sides on Green Sea, Buddah etc.

That being said, the Fred Paris who recorded on RCA also spent some time in Australia in the late 60's and was a popular performer in the clubs and on TV. Here he is on Australian TV from 1965 performing "Point of No Return".  

Social source share

39 minutes ago, Tomangoes said:

So just the RCA track listed by Rick, are the wrong artist, but the rest are thee Fred Parris songs?

Its easily done. I hope the other Fred is still alive and performing.

Ed

Yes, the RCA LP and two RCA 7" releases are the work of Freddie Paris. As far as I can ascertain he made no other recordings. Not sure if he is still alive.

Social source share

13 hours ago, Sunnysoul said:

It has been a common misconception for a long time but the "Freddie Paris" who recorded an LP and two single releases on RCA in 1967 - including "There She Goes" - is a completely different person from the "Fred" Parris (two "r's" in his surname) who has just passed

Thank you Sunnysoul for that update on my post and yes it has been a long time assumption they were one and the same and i know i have not been alone in thinking that was so,  i have learned something today and would like to apologise for my mistake as would not want to offend anyone, and yes i hope he is still alive today.

So that said i still would like to say condolences to Fred Parris/friends/family (Of the Satins) And apologise once again for my mistake to both parties.

Rick 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!