Favourite Jackie Wilson Record

• Replies 36
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

hey, talk about dodgy pollsters?? you don't work in florida, zimbabwe or for that dodgey old gerrymandering tory bird in westminster do you???

where's 'my heart is calling' or 'to make a big man cry' :angry:

Social source share

hey, talk about dodgy pollsters?? you don't work in florida, zimbabwe or for that dodgey old gerrymandering tory bird in westminster do you???

where's 'my heart is calling' or 'to make a big man cry' :angry:

link

The Cheek of Some People!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

You try to get people involved and all you get is complaints!!!!

.......AND 'My Heart Is Calling' is in here

I don't know why I bother

LOL

John :yes:

Social source share

B-side of haunted house is excellent.. traveling on (or something like that)  :P

and I read on a CD cover  :thumbsup: that "whispers getting louder" is about hes fight with drugs and drink I always thought it was about girlies..  :yes:   :yes:

link

hey mischief.you missed a great nite at luton.if only the soul baton had been there

hope yer feeling better

regards

Social source share

Have you been smokin' what Santa's holding???? :thumbsup:

ON THE LIST :yes:

Tony

link

tony,

i apologise. have not been smoking, merely drinking whilst watching crickit down the pub. will not bother you again until i get back - pool and doms later.

it is christmas after all

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

love them all but my fave is Lonely Teardrops

While sufferibg from insomnia one night i stayed up untill the small hours and watched a repeat of an early Ed Sullivan show with Jackie performing this and his dance routine was breathtaking :thumbsup:

unfortunately i didn't record it :yes:

.........Andrew

Social source share

I'll add a little bit of Lavern Baker to the mix here.....love the duet 'Think Twice' fantastic record does this count...lol

Also there is a brilliant X-rated version which has to be heard to be believed, Lavern asks Jackie if he likes chocolate ice cream and invites him to lick it.....wonderful stuff.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

I'll add a little bit of Lavern Baker to the mix here.....love the duet 'Think Twice' fantastic record does this count...lol

Also there is a brilliant X-rated version which has to be heard to be believed, Lavern asks Jackie if he likes chocolate ice cream and invites him to lick it.....wonderful stuff.

Regards - Mark Bicknell.

link

I was going to mention that one.. the 'proper' version is great and the X-rated one just cracks me up :thumbsup:

Rach

Social source share

love them all but my fave is Lonely Teardrops

While sufferibg from insomnia one night i stayed up untill the small hours and watched a repeat of an early Ed Sullivan show with Jackie performing this and his dance routine was breathtaking  :yes:

unfortunately i didn't record it :thumbsup:

.........Andrew

link

Saw the same programme ,one of my fave Jackie Wilson tracks.

It was on the B side of the re-issue of higher and Higher in the 80's.

Incidentally the perfomance on the Ed Sullivan show was recorded in the 60's

With his dance routine you can see where we got the idea from

:yes:

Social source share

Guest andrew bin

Saw the same programme ,one of my fave Jackie Wilson tracks.

It was on the B side of the re-issue of higher and Higher in the 80's.

Incidentally the perfomance on the Ed Sullivan show was recorded in the 60's

With his dance routine you can see where we got the idea from

:(

link

it was whilst performing Lonely teardrops in Las Vegas 1975 that he collapsed sad.gif

your spot on about his dancing even the likes of James Brown, Elvis michael Jackson and Prince copied some of his moves (i've got a head full of nonsence facts) :(

...........Andrew

Social source share

it was whilst performing Lonely teardrops in Las Vegas 1975 that he collapsed  wink.gif

your spot on about his dancing even the likes of James Brown, Elvis michael Jackson and Prince copied some of his moves (i've got a head full of nonsence facts) :)

...........Andrew

link

A must read is Lonely teardrops, the unedited version.

Can't choose just one of Jackie's songs as a favourite.

Gaye

Social source share

I know I didn't include it in the list above (I was trying to stick with the singles!!) but I have to say that Don't You Know That I Love You off the Beautiful Day LP is one of my faves!!!!!!!!!

John

Social source share

Guest Richard Bergman

Ok just because it's christmas!!!

Now I know there's many others I could have included above but I had to draw the line somewhere........

John

link

There's a great track on the albumaJackie did with Count Basie can't remember the name of it for the life of me though

Social source share

I like his "Open the door to your heart" on the "Higher & Higher" L.P.

link

Agree with this.. mate ov mine played this in a spot and it sounded ace!. Although I voted for "Haunted House" in poll, I could pick so many from his list of outstanding tunes, someone mentioned flip side "Im Travelling On" been spinning this a bit lately and love it.. another side I love is his flip of "Ive Learned about life" the stunningly soulful "Nobody But you" (guaranteed to get me back in good books wid the lass after an argument) :)

Steve

Social source share

Guest mattmale

This might get me lynched but i've always considered 'because of you' a very overrated record. I just don't like it at all. Anyone else share this heresy?

Matt

Edited by mattmale
Social source share

This might get me lynched but i've always considered 'because of you' a very overrated record. I just don't like it at all. Anyone else share this heresy?

Matt

link

Not just overrated, but over bloody played and all!! thumbsup.gif

Yours in Heresy,

Dave

PS "Whispers" is the one for me.

and quite like "Nothing but Blue Skies"

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!