JMAuction - 26/01/2022 - Results!

Zanetti

23 minutes ago, Soul Shaw said:

Where did the cressa watson disappear to, it was £3500 yesterday, but not there today. Just wondered ??

That's right. I haven't thought about it at all!
What has been going on there? A rogue who ...

23 minutes ago, Soul Shaw said:

it was £3500 yesterday

But by the way ... completely exaggerated banged through the ceiling

Social source share

15 minutes ago, D9 Ktf said:

I think Robert Thomas is just as good as Cressa Watson. Cressa Watson isn't thousands of pounds better in my opinion. Maybe if I was still a dj who needs to stand out in a crowd, I would think differently!

Agreed... But the scene is rightly or wrongly about the rarest records, that are brilliant...this is the latter...Rob

• Up vote 1
Social source share

23 hours ago, D9 Ktf said:

I think Robert Thomas is just as good as Cressa Watson. Cressa Watson isn't thousands of pounds better in my opinion. Maybe if I was still a dj who needs to stand out in a crowd, I would think differently!

Couldn't agree more,  Cressa Watson sounds like Lulu to me. Robert Thomas wins! (Sorry wrong thread) :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

• Up vote 2
Social source share

To the risk of being the worst mouther on here I find both to be rare and rarer 'pop' records. Northern soul be it for the sake of it but not my 'soul' cup. That with genuine respect due to those who do appreciate them or pay for them as I do also have my 'guilty secret' or 'collector's' only appreciated records As Well 👾

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

11 hours ago, Tlscapital said:

To the risk of being the worst mouther on here I find both to be rare and rarer 'pop' records. Northern soul be it for the sake of it but not my 'soul' cup. That with genuine respect due to those who do appreciate them or pay for them as I do also have my 'guilty secret' or 'collector's' only appreciated records As Well 👾

Well that's helpful!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

16 hours ago, Len said:

Couldn't agree more,  Cressa Watson sounds like Lulu to me. Robert Thomas wins! (Sorry wrong thread) :wink:

Len :thumbsup:

I must say ive never been attracted to any of the vocal versions,and if rob Thomas’s version is a couple of hundred quid,i would possibly stretch another hundred maybe for the cwatson version purely cos its rarer,not cos its any better! But all said and done i much prefer the tune as an instrumental (men from macon) and its what a five quid record?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

only one on that grabbed my 'OVER PRICE Filer' was Chandlers @ £844.. about 400 quid over what its really worth right?  Its always about and was at £250 then 350 for years and years... I certinaly would not part with the best part of a grand for it... good deep flip though...

As for Cressa, love that track, but Id buy her others ones for cheap... and feel genuinly pleased with myself :-)  and we all love Lulu dont we? Cressa you are in good company 🙂

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

27 minutes ago, Dobber said:

I must say ive never been attracted to any of the vocal versions,and if rob Thomas’s version is a couple of hundred quid,i would possibly stretch another hundred maybe for the cwatson version purely cos its rarer,not cos its any better! But all said and done i much prefer the tune as an instrumental (men from macon) and its what a five quid record?

I'm not keen either. Sounds like funk/rock to me and reminds me of Dianne Davidson.

Social source share

3 hours ago, Geeselad said:

Chandlers must be one of the most hammered records on the scene, feel like I've heard at every nighter I've ever been too. 

i never tire of it tho.. whereas tracks like whoo gotta find me somebody..whoo.. i just never want to hear that again. it affects me all year round like mariah carey does in december

• Up vote 3
Social source share

23 minutes ago, Dave Pinch said:

i never tire of it tho.. whereas tracks like whoo gotta find me somebody..whoo.. i just never want to hear that again. it affects me all year round like mariah carey does in december

I still like it, but it is overplayed, Dave. The oldies brigade think they're playing a classy underplayed tune, the more upfront think let play summat they know. Hence it's ubiquity it's fits in everywhere, but lets just give it a little rest now😊😉🤯

Social source share

13 hours ago, Geeselad said:

I still like it, but it is overplayed, Dave. The oldies brigade think they're playing a classy underplayed tune, the more upfront think let play summat they know. Hence it's ubiquity it's fits in everywhere, but lets just give it a little rest now😊😉🤯

There’s a few like that. I generally sell em after five years and regret it ten years later 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 26/01/2022 at 19:25, Lionelonthevinyl said:

That was the golden ticket,  where did it go?? What a tune! Imagine hearing that the 1st time!!! Super rare...thank you...Rob

Is it a double a side disc?

Or is some jiggery pokery going on.

Robert Thomas was cheap as chips at one point, but a good solid tune. The instrumental filled the 70s soul packs.

Highlight of the week watching JMs sold prices. 

Does make you regret selling any records though! 

Ed

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 26/01/2022 at 20:34, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Agreed... But the scene is rightly or wrongly about the rarest records, that are brilliant...this is the latter...Rob

or in 2022 is it about the 'most expensive records' which as you know is different to rarest records

• Up vote 3
Social source share

6 hours ago, Tomangoes said:

Is it a double a side disc?

Or is some jiggery pokery going on.

Robert Thomas was cheap as chips at one point, but a good solid tune. The instrumental filled the 70s soul packs.

Highlight of the week watching JMs sold prices. 

Does make you regret selling any records though! 

Ed

Rita Lee......... Major Bill used the number (90) twice (he was very strange)

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

He was well clued up with what was happening here, he was in regular contact with Brits, Brad I think in particular. 

Indeed but he still thought Elvis was alive in the interview he did, which is why I said "strange"

http://www.classicbands.com/MajorBillSmithInterview.html

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

On 28/01/2022 at 17:02, Dave Pinch said:

i never tire of it tho.. whereas tracks like whoo gotta find me somebody..whoo.. i just never want to hear that again. 

It's a sad day when people are tired of hearing great Northern Soul classics like this!

Edited by D9 Ktf
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

18 hours ago, D9 Ktf said:

It's a sad day when people are tired of hearing great Northern Soul classics like this!

never liked it to be fair.. theres a few others too.. nothing sad about it.. but seriously you surely cant like everything deemed a northern classic just for the sake of it. even more so some people only like and listen to northern soul which i actually find disturbing

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!