• Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Keep on Climbing - magnificent men - capitol

14659 refosoul

the maaarvelous Mag-Men....

Terrific album :wicked:

Always wondered if 'I Wish You Love' would have made a quirky fun ender ?

Social source share

If You Can't Say Anything Nice - verdelle smith - caritol

14682 refosoul Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip library

Post #38

A Piece Of The Sky - verdelle smith - capitol Add to playlist Refosoul Rare and Northern Soul Clip libraryA nice cheapie. Reduced 48% 376 x 378 (138.93k) This post has been edited by Godzilla: Today, 07:32 PM --------------------Stomping on Japanese cities since 1954 - For your convenience!

Such a sweet voice, Always prefered her version of this to Gino Mateo's too, about a 10th of the price too.

Edited by Bogue
Social source share

keep on climbing - magnificent men - capitol

14669 refosoul

i posted a truncated version.....heres the full wrap...

I still remember the first time I heard this... Could hardly believe it. I absolutely LOVE this tune! And almost that entire LP is brilliant. Such a pity that "Keep On Climbing" didn't come out on a 7". :( What a tune! It's bloody amazing!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Social source share

Nancy Wilson French E.P

post-1187-1171313157_thumb.jpg-post-1187-1171313561_thumb.jpg

dont look over your shoulder - nancy wilson - capitol demo

14652 refosoul

Where does that leave me - nancy wilson - capital

14629 refosoul

----------------------Capitol_5455a.jpg

The End Of Our Love - Nancy Wilson - Capitol -

6603] refosoul Capitol_CL-15547b.jpg-----Capitol_CL-15547a.jpg

That Special Way - Nancy Wilson - Capitol -

14750 refosoul ----------------------Capitol_CL-15485a.jpg

Uptight - Nancy Wilson - Capitol -

6602 refosoul

We used to play Uptight by Nancy Wilson - years ago,

I haven't got a copy now though. :shades:

Is this lady still performing, she recorded some wonderful tracks. thumbsup.gif

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

Shake a lady - cannonball adderley - capital

14632 refosoul

that's brilliant Pete, I love it, where does it appear? 45? LP?

I've been looking out for a copy of Roland Alphonso for some time without success but this would fill the void for sure

Quick edit - found the 1964 Capitol LP and ordered it - but I'd be interested to know if there's a 45 - I saw a reference to what might be a JA pressing of it but would be grateful if you could confirm or sell me one smile.gif

Edited by martint
Social source share

I've been looking out for a copy of Roland Alphonso for some time without success but this would fill the void for sure

Quick edit - found the 1964 Capitol LP and ordered it - but I'd be interested to know if there's a 45 - I saw a reference to what might be a JA pressing of it but would be grateful if you could confirm or sell me one smile.gif

ive always like this tune.....i like the Ray Bryant version (the original?) and the Brothers and Sisters version......its one of those tunes that i buy versions of .....others are "more today than yesterday" .....and "listen here".....too much time on your hands Bates...... :shades:
Social source share

ive always like this tune.....i like the Ray Bryant version (the original?) and the Brothers and Sisters version......its one of those tunes that i buy versions of .....others are "more today than yesterday" .....and "listen here".....too much time on your hands Bates...... :shhh:

do you have a sound clip of the Brothers and Sisters or the Ray Bryant versions Jim (or anyone else)? The melody is right under my skin, I must have listened to the Cannonball version 50 times yesterday afternoon :thumbsup:

Social source share

do you have a sound clip of the Brothers and Sisters or the Ray Bryant versions Jim (or anyone else)? The melody is right under my skin, I must have listened to the Cannonball version 50 times yesterday afternoon :thumbsup:
heres the Brothers and Sisters version which is on Capitol so i can post it in this thread.....the Ray Bryant on US Sue isnt where it should be......neither is his version of Pata Pata on Cadet....i must have been having a jazzy session and they got misfiled..... :angry:
Social source share

Shake a Lady - brothers and sisters - capitol

14776 refosoul

as requested........ ive always wondered who the Brothers and Sisters were.....the tune to my ears has a "Detroity" feel to it....(like the Buena Vistas on BB/Marquee)....i know Richard Pegue had a group called Brothers and Sisters .....but if he was involved it would surely have his name plastered all over it....?

Edited by platters 81
Social source share

Guest Pete Griffin

Hi, its on 45 mate, payed about $30 for it. Wow Roland Alphonso did it as well? i better look out for that. whistling.gif

Social source share

three steps from true love try two.mp3 - reflections - capitol

14874 refosoul

Dose this say "you got email" 49odd secs in.

"A" ok. wave.gif

Edited by ken
Social source share

Where does that leave me - nancy wilson - capital

14629 refosoul

Not an all time fave or owt. But got this in Oxfam for 75p. Minterty mint. Proper Capitol paper cover inside a plastic cover. Sold a job lot of records on Ebay, that being one of them. Didn't put any reserve on and went for about three quid to some dude in Germany. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Right, you asked for it...

This is the 7" edit, the LP version is longer

Nice,what price a 7"is it hard.........i like it loads,can i convert it for clip player Paul?fantastic.cheers Ken

Social source share

Nice,what price a 7"is it hard.........i like it loads,can i convert it for clip player Paul?fantastic.cheers Ken

Sure, and I think have a spare 7" promo for sale. No idea what it's worth.

The song was written by Ken Williams and it's in the Millbrand Music catalogue. We tried to recut this with Lew Kirton at Ardent in 1991 but he didn't like the song much (!) so nothing happened.

I think it's very uplifting.

Paul Mooney

Social source share

Another Capitol favourite is "Make A Believer (Out Of Me Again)" by J.J. Williams, written by Phillip Mitchell and Terry Woodford, recorded at Muscle Shoals.

God knows why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Paul Mooney

Edited by Paul
Social source share

Another Capitol favourite is "Make A Believer (Out Of Me Again)" by J.J. Williams, written by Phillip Mitchell and Terry Woodford, recorded at Muscle Shoals.

God knows why it doesn't get the attention it deserves.

Paul Mooney

Try the 24-hour Manship Emporium. £20 and worth every penny.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!