Up The Junction

Billywhizz

Just seen a 10 minute clip, which was on channel 5, early part of the year, called up the junction. Which shows a dancing competition which imo was good.

Early or mid 70's time, I have been told it is going to be a feature film if it is it will be the first. Other than this England, which was based for tv viewers. Can anyone put any light on the matter, as it is based on early 70's northern. Will it be bought upto todays venues? I hope so imo.

Whenever I happened to mention northern to my unrelated soul friends, they can still remember the wigan choosen few on totp, baggy trousers, badges and back drops, we all know that isn't the case.

Cheers Billy

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Function at the junction: It's been out for about a year mate, first shown on BBC 4 I think and now available on official dvd. It's just a 20 minute short about a dancing competition, stars the bloke who was Bill Corkhill in Brookie, Dennis Pennis and also I think, the guy who was recently in the bbc program Blackpool.

At the end credits, the Sam Ward song is credited as being called "Sisterly" :(

Social source share

Function at the junction: It's been out for about a year mate, first shown on BBC 4 I think and now available on official dvd.  It's just a 20 minute short about a dancing competition, stars the bloke who was Bill Corkhill in Brookie, Dennis Pennis and also I think, the guy who was recently in the bbc program Blackpool.

At the end credits, the Sam Ward song is credited as being called "Sisterly"  :(

link

Cheers Pete

Social source share

Function at the junction: It's been out for about a year mate, first shown on BBC 4 I think and now available on official dvd.  It's just a 20 minute short about a dancing competition, stars the bloke who was Bill Corkhill in Brookie, Dennis Pennis and also I think, the guy who was recently in the bbc program Blackpool.

At the end credits, the Sam Ward song is credited as being called "Sisterly"  :(

link

Yes and also our own Little Stevie :(

Social source share

No its a wig to make me look like that twat out of boney M...You can get details on my website..www.cooloff.net...Its available to buy if anyone wants one with documentary and cd soundtrack...Mail me and i will get back to you...

Cheers....

link

Says you need a username and password to access the site...

Social source share

No its a wig to make me look like that twat out of boney M...You can get details on my website..www.cooloff.net...Its available to buy if anyone wants one with documentary and cd soundtrack...Mail me and i will get back to you...

Cheers....

link

I must admit you are a cool dancer,I thought it was a wig,talking about twats they could have made the DJ a little better,if a outsider saw this they may think all northern DJs are like benny hills speakto you offline soon.

Cheers Billy

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!