Free Soul Night @ Baby Jupiter

Guest Biggie G

Guest Biggie G

Hi an open invite to anybody on the list.

We are having a Birthday Bash for me lovely wife @ Baby Jupiter in Leeds on Friday 21st January (FREE ENTRY).

The music policy will be full across the board so this will be a night of the finest Soul Music from 1955 to 2005.

Just sorting out the final arrangements (finish time, confirmation from some of the Dj's etc) but to date we have confirmed:

Paul Welsby – (Hideaway & Cosmos) Paul will be jetting in from Ibiza to play a set of Soulful House, and Modern Room Favourites.

Neil Henderson – (Hideaway & Cosmos) Mr Crossover himself, this man has crossed over so many time he's got his own Level Crossing.

Andy Longcake – (East Side Soul) The Guv'na from Sunny Scunny playing Northern Fav's and few modern gems, look out for Drew’s new club at the Hanger in Scunthorpe in 2005.

Janice - The Birthday Girl, as modern as it gets with some lovely Crossover and quite a nice bum (she's my wife I can say that)

Richie & Jamie – (Soulsville) these two are the founder members of the successful Soulsville team in Leeds and these boys really do have some quality records.

And if you get their early you may even catch Mr Biggie G himself making his DJ debut in the warm up session

I'm just waiting for a couple of top geezers to get back to me about the last two remaining spots but as soon as they let me know I'll let you know.

I will keep you informed but if anybody wants any details just let me know, and I'll do my best to help you out.

Hope to see some of you their.

Cheers

Gareth

• Replies 26
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Biggie G

Ooooo goody!!!

A proper 70's set coming up from me then!!!

See you soon,

Jamie

link

You can play whatever you want matie, I know it will be top quality, and I'm taking bets on how many people put "Janice" in their box for the night.

See you then and thanks again for Dj'ing

cheers

Gareth :(

Guest Biggie G

LATEST UPDATE

Hot off the press, we are pleased to announce that flying in from the Windy City, the living legend that is MR LEE MILLER, has confirmed he can DJ on the night, promising to play the hottest RnB for all you travelling Mods.

So the line up so far:

Paul & Neil (The Cosmos Twins / The Hideaway Boys)

Jamie & Richie (Soulsville)

Andy (East Side Soul)

Lee Miller (Everyware - currently resident at Flipside)

Janice (Birthday Girl)

Couple more Irons in the fire, but this promises to be a true celebration of Black American Music from the last 50 years and the hottest night of the New Year and all for FREE!

And if you get their really early you may even see me spin a few tunes, I think the old Johny Guitar Watson "Looking Back" might get a spin, and who knows maybe even a bit of R Kelly for the ladies.

Cheers

Gareth

Guest Biggie G

I would like to announce the final pieces to our DJ Jigsaw.

I'm delighted to say that joining us on the evening will be Mr Neil Lee, playing quality RnB, club soul, Neil is an up and coming Mod DJ and part of the 25th Hour Collective in Leeds.

And the final guest who confirmed lastnight is Mr Matt Bolton of Move on Up fame, I think everybody knows Matt on here and he is valued addition to what is a superb lineup.

So the final line up is:

Biggie G (very very early)

Neil Lee

Andy Longcake

Matt Bolton

Lee Miller

Riche Buckley

Jamie

Paul Welsby

Neil Henderson

Janice

A big thankyou to all the DJ's for offering their support and I hope as many of you come along to what promises to be the a fantastic start to 2005.

See you on the 21st

Edited by Biggie G
Guest Johnny One Trout

Not wanting to be at all picky you big gayer but shouldn't you let someone know when you open and what time it goes on to? Just a thought, like i said i'm not being picky or owt :)

Guest Biggie G

Not wanting to be at all picky you big gayer but shouldn't you let someone know when you open and what time it goes on to? Just a thought, like i said i'm not being picky or owt :)

link

No your right, just been finishing off the details, the night is currently under the working title of "PRESSURE" and the plan is to Start at 7.30 with a 2am Finnish. Just working on a flyer come invite and will post it up very early in the New Year, or if the technology beats me I'll type in the details (full address, contact details etc etc)

Just wanted to get the info out and get it booked into peoples Diary's.

Cheers

Gareth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Biggie G

Just a quick one to say the full details for this are now on the Events Calander.

Getting lots of positive feedback so should be a packer, I hope to see some of you down there on 21st.

Cheers

Gareth

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Biggie G

I've been asked by a few people who are going to the Wilton Allnighter if (a) I mind them coming to our do first as a warm up and (b) if it's far.

Well (a) I don't mind at all, to be honest our do is finishing at 2am so I was planning on going to the Wilton after myself. And (b) no its not far just about 10 miles away or a 20 min drive, 15 at that time of night.

Cheers

Gareth.

Guest Biggie G

Looks like i can make this event, just got to consult with my lawyers, then hopefully the light will be on Green for Go.......... :D

link

It will be good to see you there, really looking forward to it now, though I'm papping myself about doing the first hour (at least it will be before anybody arrives :D ) Then I can hand over to the proper Dj's

Gareth

It will be good to see you there, really looking forward to it now, though I'm papping myself about doing the first hour (at least it will be before anybody arrives  :( )  Then I can hand over to the proper Dj's

Gareth

link

Will defo be coming across , i'll hopefully be in Leeds around 6.30-7.00

looking forward to a night of soul. :)

Guest Biggie G

Will defo be coming across , i'll hopefully be in Leeds around 6.30-7.00

looking forward to a night of soul. :)

link

Ohh Bugger, that means there will be someone in to hear my set, apart from the Bar Staff :( . It all kicks off at around 7pm, really looking forward to, I've had a lot of feedback, a lot of people travelling for this one, we've got people coming from Cleethorpes, Hull, Liverpool, Manchester, Birmingham, Batley so a real multicultural event :(

See you Friday

Guest Biggie G

Are you gonna post up the DJ times, old boy????

link

Gonna leave that until the night, just incase of any last minute changes, plus I'm just waiting to hear from two of the Dj's to check if the times we've given them are OK. But we've really tried to mix up the musical styles so no two sets are the same.

But do expect to hear RnB - Club Soul - 70's Crossover - Funk - Modern Soul - Northern Soul - Mod Tunes and if your there early enough a Paul Weller themed set played by yours truly whistling.gif

Can't wait, should be a good night, and then the Wilton after.

Come on!

Cheers

Gareth

So what sort of stuff are you gonna treat us to on Friday Night?

link

.....Depends on what you want to hear, old boy!!!

I know Janice likes her Crossover/70's/Modern stuff, so there'll be a fair bit of that in there, as seen as she's burpday girl!

Depends on who I follow, don't want to clash too much, dunno maybe a bit of Ann Heywood, Margaret Royal or Highlighters to start with.

If I follow a R&B set, try and blend it a bit with something like Ozz & his Sperlings.

Guess we'll just have to see! Looking forward to it though mate!

J

Guest Biggie G

.....Depends on what you want to hear, old boy!!!

I know Janice likes her Crossover/70's/Modern stuff, so there'll be a fair bit of that in there, as seen as she's burpday girl!

Depends on who I follow, don't want to clash too much, dunno maybe a bit of Ann Heywood, Margaret Royal or Highlighters to start with.

If I follow a R&B set, try and blend it a bit with something like Ozz & his Sperlings.

Guess we'll just have to see!  Looking forward to it though mate!

J

link

I'm positively moist whistling.gif in anticipation, just to give you an idea, you should be following Lee Miller, who I understand will be playing a Soulful set.

Cheers

G

Super Duper night. Hat's off to all the DJ's, all played varied and different sets which made for a very eclectic mix of sounds.

A very good attendance, packed in fact, considering the number of other events on.

I'll chuck my playlist into the ring:

Ted Taylor - Somebody's Always Trying - OKeh

Huns Review - Don't Make Me Love You - Sorro

Mickey Champion - What Good Am I - Musette

Ozz and his Sperlings - Can You Qualify? - Golden Way

Ann Heywood - Crook His Little Finger - Hondo

James Bell & Highlighters - Amazing Love - Ro-Jam

Frederick Hymes - Time Aint Gonna Do Me No Favor - Fab Vegas

Judy Freeman & Blackrock - Hold On - RCA

Tony Drake - Suddenly - Brunswick

Frankie Crocker - Ton Of Dynamite - Turbo

Archie Bell & Drells - Don't Let Love Get You Down - PIR

Edwin Starr - Running Back & Forth - Gordy

Soul Bros Inc - Pyramid - Golden Eye

Then a couple just before the last set:

Pioneers - My Good Friend James - Mercury

John Gary Williams - Whole Damn World Is Going Crazy - Stax

Margie Joseph - I Can't Move No Mountains - Atlantic

Big thanks to Gareth & Jan for inviting me, was a great night.

Cheers,

Jamie

Edited by Jamie
Guest Biggie G

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all the people who turned up and especially to all the DJ's who helped to make it a really special night.

Just trying to get hold of some of DJ's playlists and will post them up asap.

Thanks again.

P.S. It was nice to meet you Brett, hope you had a good night.

Cheers

Gareth & Janice

Just wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to all the people who turned up and especially to all the DJ's who helped to make it a really special night. 

Just trying to get hold of some of DJ's playlists and will post them up asap.

Thanks again.

P.S. It was nice to meet you Brett, hope you had a good night.

Cheers

Gareth & Janice

link

Hi Gareth and Janice had a banging evening mate, always seem too when i go to Baby Jupiter....some brilliant music and a cracking atmosphere....well done to all involved. :lol: