Digging In Baltimore Md

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Daves in NYC now Pete, think he was in Baltimore a few years back. Do you have an email addy or contact number for John pse ??? PM me.

Thank you

Russ

Sorry Russ, obviously my joke fell on stony ground, John Waters is the rather bizarre film-maker who shoots practically all of his films around Baltimore, including Pink Flamingoes, Female Trouble, Cry Baby, Serial Mom etc. All of his films have 'proper' r&b and early 60's soundtracks.

Social source share

Sorry Russ, obviously my joke fell on stony ground, John Waters is the rather bizarre film-maker who shoots practically all of his films around Baltimore, including Pink Flamingoes, Female Trouble, Cry Baby, Serial Mom etc. All of his films have 'proper' r&b and early 60's soundtracks.

Woops................sorry Pete showing my ignorance....................anyone else have any pointers for Baltimore pse,

Russ

Social source share

Russ, I found Baltimore to be barron everytime i was there and it still suprises me to this day as its a 90% black town...someone must be getting all of the tunes but i dont know who...I`d put in my all time 5 crap cities of the US alongside Atlanta, Birmingham, Orlando and Dallas..

When you back home mate? Cant be too long now...

Chris

Social source share

Russ, I found Baltimore to be barron everytime i was there and it still suprises me to this day as its a 90% black town...someone must be getting all of the tunes but i dont know who...I`d put in my all time 5 crap cities of the US alongside Atlanta, Birmingham, Orlando and Dallas..

When you back home mate? Cant be too long now...

Chris

That is quite funny Chris, I had my biggest hit in Baltimore...............& I am the crappest record finder in NATO laugh.gif:shades: . Would totally agree with Orlando & Atlanta tho, from my experience.

Back in August matey & looking forward to seeing you too.

Russ

Social source share

Hi Russ, your best bet may be to hit the Arbutus show, they do it every month, I used to find some nice stuff there (I'm no longer in the area). Dealers from Balt/DC, PA and beyond are there regularly.

https://www.arbutusvfd.org/record.htm

Regardless of how well you do with records, make sure to check out Fells Point area, the inner harbor etc, lots of fun stuff to do, some cool pubs etc (Bertha's is recommended in particular, along with Brewer's Art).

The Visionary Art Museum is one of the most intersting places in the whole country too, if you like unusual art. As you can tell, I like Baltimore!

Good luck!

-Haim K. thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Hi Russ, your best bet may be to hit the Arbutus show, they do it every month, I used to find some nice stuff there (I'm no longer in the area). Dealers from Balt/DC, PA and beyond are there regularly.

Regardless of how well you do with records, make sure to check out Fells Point area, the inner harbor etc, lots of fun stuff to do, some cool pubs etc (Bertha's is recommended in particular, along with Brewer's Art).

The Visionary Art Museum is one of the most intersting places in the whole country too, if you like unusual art. As you can tell, I like Baltimore!

Good luck!

-Haim K. thumbsup.gif

I went to the arbutus show a couple of years ago, it totally sucked. Maybe it was because I wasn't there super early, but other people told me it used to be much better. I did meet a couple of dealers that I had only dealt with on ebay before, though.

Social source share

Good luck!

-Haim K. thumbsup.gif

Thank............top tips.

Russ

Social source share

Yeah it's been quite awhile since I last went to the show, it could be much worse pickings now.....but still maybe worth a visit.

One thing's for sure, you can count on good food, good beer and interesting people even if records are in short supply.

Count how many times you get called "hun" while there and let us know after you return!

Social source share

Hitting Baltimore at the weekend & wondered if anyone can offer any advise on people to contact, record stores, flea markets or any other tips that might be helpful.

Thank you in advance.

Russ

Hi Russ: Stuart Cosgrove here, hope all is well in Norfolk. When I was studying in DC there was a great soul bill-poster printing shop in Baltimore. It did all the go-go, gospel and old-soul shows. The company is called Globe Posters, 1801 Byrd Street Baltimore Maryland

I picked up great posters of Otis Clay, Jerry Butler etc in the old sixties style with vibrant colours. It may still be there it was a thriving business. Curtis Anderson is still DJing locally but not sure of his radio station now. Take care Russ

Social source share

Hi Russ: Stuart Cosgrove here, hope all is well in Norfolk. When I was studying in DC there was a great soul bill-poster printing shop in Baltimore. It did all the go-go, gospel and old-soul shows. The company is called Globe Posters, 1801 Byrd Street Baltimore Maryland

I picked up great posters of Otis Clay, Jerry Butler etc in the old sixties style with vibrant colours. It may still be there it was a thriving business. Curtis Anderson is still DJing locally but not sure of his radio station now. Take care Russ

Good to hear from you Stuart, hope you are well. Thank you for the info, sounds a cool place.

Speak soon

Russ

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!