What On Earth Is Going On?

Godzilla

I just went to the thread where Pete Smith posted some sound files.

After a few secs the first track started playing automatically.

Followed shortly by the second

Then the third

Bear in mind the first one hasn't finished yet...

Track four

and then track five starts...

...do you get the picture. Thought I was going mad until I realised what was happening.

1) Why

2) How do I stop it? :(

Cheers,

Godz

Social source share

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Very quick reply

1. why

settings were changed to allow mp3s to stream direct through browser when click on the player without need opening new window

tested with dif browsers

memory says you got a mac, sorry but have to rely on mac users letting us know if any problems espically with stuff such as streaming cause of diff browsers etc etc

2. errrr... bear with us, will have to dig, help if passon which mac broswer you use

thanks for letting us know, as always say , always appreciated and helpful

mike

Social source share

Very quick reply

1. why

settings were changed to allow mp3s to stream direct through browser when click on the player without need opening new window

tested with dif browsers

memory says you got a mac,  sorry but have to rely on mac users letting us know if any problems espically with stuff such as streaming cause of diff browsers etc etc

2. errrr... bear with us, will have to dig, help if passon which mac broswer you use

thanks for letting us know, as always say , always appreciated and helpful

mike

link

Thanks for the reply Mike.

You're right I use a mac and I'm running OSX (panther). I'll have a look in prefs to see if it's something at my end that can be altered.

Cheers,

Godz

Social source share

Thanks for the reply Mike.

You're right I use a mac and I'm running OSX (panther). I'll have a look in prefs to see if it's something at my end that can be altered.

Cheers,

Godz

link

OOPS You said Browser, not OS

I'm on Explorer for Mac right now but I also use Safari when I'm feeling particularly anti-Micro$oft

Godz

Social source share

Guest Trevski

OOPS You said Browser, not OS

I'm on Explorer for Mac right now but I also use Safari when I'm feeling particularly anti-Micro$oft

Godz

link

I'm on OSX also. I think it's your settings mate, as mine works fine, in explorer. Go into your Quicktime prefs and see if youv'e got the 'play movies automaticaly as they download' button checked, as it could be this.

Social source share

on a MacIntosh platform as well. Running OS9.1 and 9.2 Using Internet Explorer 5. They all start playing at once for me. Would like the opportunity to download the actual files in their entirety, so I can physically have them on my computer. I've had a lot of problems in the past with playing various types of media. Seems the best scenario for me personally is MP3 and MPEG.

If you go to www.deephousepage.com, there are a lot of people who post mixes there. Next to each mix there are options for different file formats, where you can stream, download, etc. It's a great setup. Why not check it out when you get a minute.

Maybe some new developments could spawn a separate sub-forum or revamp the media section of the site.

KTF

Jas

Social source share

Guest Trevski

on a MacIntosh platform as well. Running OS9.1 and 9.2 Using Internet Explorer 5. They all start playing at once for me. Would like the opportunity to download the actual files in their entirety, so I can physically have them on my computer. I've had a lot of problems in the past with playing various types of media. Seems the best scenario for me personally is MP3 and MPEG.

If you go to www.deephousepage.com, there are a lot of people who post mixes there. Next to each mix there are options for different file formats, where you can stream, download, etc. It's a great setup. Why not check it out when you get a minute.

Maybe some new developments could spawn a separate sub-forum or revamp the media section of the site.

KTF

Jas

link

Hi Jaz

You should be able to download 'em to your desktop.

I have, by just holding down the mouse as you click to play the track, and dragging down slightly, you should then get the option box 'download to disc' etc. You might also do a search for "Audio Hijack" a freeware program that lets you convert realplayer files etc to MP3 for your iTunes.

PS the Ad-Libs arrived safe n' sound today, thanks

:(

Edited by Trevski
Social source share

I'm on OSX also. I think it's your settings mate, as mine works fine, in explorer. Go into your Quicktime prefs and see if youv'e got the 'play movies automaticaly as they download' button checked, as it could be this.

link

Spot on Trevski. Just tried again and it's sorted. They don't play automatically but I'd rather have to click once that listen to that cacophony again!

Nice one mate :(

Godz

ps do they still have "Mala Carpets" in York?

Maybe we could start a thread about soulful businesses, if it hasn't been done already.

Social source share

Guest Trevski

Godz

ps do they still have "Mala Carpets" in York?

Maybe we could start a thread about soulful businesses, if it hasn't been done already.

link

Yes they do! Had a shop in Muswell Hill, when I lived there,called the 'Gear Seller'!! :(

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!