News: The Nu-Ron's - All My Life / I'm A Loner - Mixed by Tom Moulton

Go to solution Solved by Dave Harrison,

what is a exact replica?, could it be passed off as a 1st issue by a con merchant. and yep just seen flip  instrumental so of course not lol but the question still stands :} maybe repro is a more acceptable term, thanks Derek x

Social source share

17 hours ago, Smileys said:

what is a exact replica?, could it be passed off as a 1st issue by a con merchant. and yep just seen flip  instrumental so of course not lol but the question still stands :} maybe repro is a more acceptable term, thanks Derek x

There will be no mistaking these from the original - maybe "exact" wasn't the right term, close to the original would have been better - thanks.

Social source share

• 4 months later...

I pre ordered a while ago , anyone got any idea when these will be available , coming up for 2 months waiting , also ordered the nu rons 7 they have for sale on discogs , paid 12 days ago , payment received but no shipping and no response when asked why , is there a problem with their site ? 

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • Solution

As above, ordered one of these in early May, had an acknowledgement, then after several chasing up emails got a reply about 3 weeks ago, saying they were in stock and would be shipped out following week. Nothing has arrived and absolutely no response to last 5 emails or messages on their web chat line! Starting to smell a rat! Has anyone else received any of these NuRons records, or had any relevant response ? 

Social source share

Same here - got my order acknowledgement on April 12 when they said they would let me know when it had been sent. I've sent numerous emails since early June but I eventually gave up after no response . Not surprisingly I won't be using them again, even though they do get some nice releases.

Social source share

6 hours ago, Source said:

@BrewerytownBeats is active on here

if you tag the member like above the site will auto send a notification so that they are aware have been tagged

am sure that in cases like this where members do have concerns once the member is aware of these concerns they will post... 

As theirs was the original post, surely they will be notified of responses to their thread! 

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Dave Harrison said:

As theirs was the original post, surely they will be notified of responses to their thread! 

Depends on how they have notifications, emails etc setup 

If the account doesn't respond to the tagging, then we can try other means now aware of ya concerns 

Social source share

7 hours ago, Gointoagogo said:

Same here - got my order acknowledgement on April 12 when they said they would let me know when it had been sent. I've sent numerous emails since early June but I eventually gave up after no response . Not surprisingly I won't be using them again, even though they do get some nice releases.

Let's see, where to begin.  Let's start three months ago when the pressing plant push back the pressing date for no reason.. or 5 months ago when my dad when in with a life threaten emergency and I spent two months by his side while recovering and unfortunately missed the "proof" stage of the labels.. but once we figured that out the place that we get our labels from said they were having paper supply issues.  Or three weeks ago when they landed and the records were damaged and we have had to go through every single box to find acceptable records to send out (which started shipping today, we got 30 orders processed and will continue on Monday) - or how about two weeks ago when I shattered my collarbone and missed 7 days of work and still am having trouble moving around enough to print sleeves, fold boxes and all the other BS that comes with fulfilling orders.  All this is to be said, the orders are finally starting to go out.. they are being processed at the rate we can handle - all the records are being inspected for damage before shipping because we want to minimize the returns.. All the UK orders will go in box to a friend in the UK who will then disperse them.. they will be out hopefully within the next two weeks.  It's been a shit show believe me.. but i am hoping to be finishing the orders up within the next two weeks.  Attached are some pictures of what we are dealing with..

IMG_8193 2.jpg copy.jpg

IMG_8246 copy.jpg

IMG_8247 copy.jpg

16 hours ago, Dave Harrison said:

As above, ordered one of these in early May, had an acknowledgement, then after several chasing up emails got a reply about 3 weeks ago, saying they were in stock and would be shipped out following week. Nothing has arrived and absolutely no response to last 5 emails or messages on their web chat line! Starting to smell a rat! Has anyone else received any of these NuRons records, or had any relevant response ? 

Let's see, where to begin.  Let's start three months ago when the pressing plant push back the pressing date for no reason.. or 5 months ago when my dad when in with a life threaten emergency and I spent two months by his side while recovering and unfortunately missed the "proof" stage of the labels.. but once we figured that out the place that we get our labels from said they were having paper supply issues.  Or three weeks ago when they landed and the records were damaged and we have had to go through every single box to find acceptable records to send out (which started shipping today, we got 30 orders processed and will continue on Monday) - or how about two weeks ago when I shattered my collarbone and missed 7 days of work and still am having trouble moving around enough to print sleeves, fold boxes and all the other BS that comes with fulfilling orders.  All this is to be said, the orders are finally starting to go out.. they are being processed at the rate we can handle - all the records are being inspected for damage before shipping because we want to minimize the returns.. All the UK orders will go in box to a friend in the UK who will then disperse them.. they will be out hopefully within the next two weeks.  It's been a shit show believe me.. but i am hoping to be finishing the orders up within the next two weeks.  Attached are some pictures of what we are dealing with..

IMG_8193 2.jpg copy.jpg

IMG_8246 copy.jpg

IMG_8247 copy.jpg

On 09/08/2022 at 06:37, Funk bodega said:

I pre ordered a while ago , anyone got any idea when these will be available , coming up for 2 months waiting , also ordered the nu rons 7 they have for sale on discogs , paid 12 days ago , payment received but no shipping and no response when asked why , is there a problem with their site ? 

IMG_8193 2.jpg copy.jpg

IMG_8246 copy.jpg

IMG_8247 copy.jpg

Social source share

Guys, so sorry to hear about all the trauma, and yes, we now fully understand the delays, etc. even one general email to all, or post on here to explain things could have avoided all the worry & uncertainty. I think we can all relax now & just accept that the records will arrive in due course! ( hopefully the good ones!). Hope things improve for you soon. 

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

cheers for coming back Ken, Brewtown don't seem keen to speak to anybody, which is a bit crap. They said above "all the UK orders will go in box to a friend in the UK", so I guess they are doing them in batches? I ordered a WD as apposed to the Blue ones above, Id assume those would have come through first...

who knows 😞

Anybody gets anything, pop a note on here to update us all...

Social source share

1 hour ago, Mal C said:

cheers for coming back Ken, Brewtown don't seem keen to speak to anybody, which is a bit crap. They said above "all the UK orders will go in box to a friend in the UK", so I guess they are doing them in batches? I ordered a WD as apposed to the Blue ones above, Id assume those would have come through first...

who knows 😞

Anybody gets anything, pop a note on here to update us all...

Hello Mal - It is not that we are not speaking to anyone, apologies if we haven't gotten back to you right away.  We are slowly working through the orders, making sure it is done correctly and we don't send damaged product.. good news is (for us at least!) the pressing plant has agreed to re-press the vinyl - won't be done till Nov however - we are contemplating holding off on the rest of the orders until then.. but we would like to get out the records that are relatively undamaged at this point.  Just a bit of a slow down on top of everything else we do (physical store, Discogs store, two kids, life in general and some really bad luck over the past two months (read above) - thank you for your patience.  Have a good day, and RIP Lizzie 🇬🇧

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Hi Glyn, Ive not heard anything else since Lizzie posted above in early Sept.

I get what Lizzie said, it sounds like a really hard situation.  But, if you dont keep people up to date, and don't send something that they purchased, what ever the reason, thats really bad, and could be construed as theift.

I have no idea, I have most probably lost my money, but that will be the first and last time I buy from from Brewerytown Records.

Edited by Mal C
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

Hi Mal / Glyn,

going by what Lizzie said in her reply on 9/9, the re-presses weren’t due back until November. As frustrating as it is, I’ve not made any further attempt to get an up-date, as I suspect that nothing is likely to appear before then! However, it would be interesting to know how many, if any, of the original undamaged records were sent to the UK customers! I’ve not heard of anyone receiving any. Not seen it on any playlists, etc.! Does anyone know who their UK contact is who will be handling & forwarding our records? They may be a better source of information. 

Social source share

21 hours ago, Glynthornhill said:

Any one else had a response or an elusive copy of the 45 , and who is the UK distributor - Tortoise Incorporated  geez ....

So many red flags unfortunately I won't be purchasing / supporting any more of their products. 

Man, that's a damn shame, we work really hard to put out great Philadelphia music and because of a shitty plant who sent us 2000 damaged records you choose not to support us. Thanks.

Social source share

On 11/10/2022 at 10:37, Glynthornhill said:

Any further developments here . Just attempted to get a refund via Paypal  ( Order was placed early April so probably now over 180 days ) so no chance of a refund unfortunately  $115 down the toilet maybe... You live and learn....and No it was not sent F & F ....

Your records will be shipped when we get the represses in, thanks for the support and no, we are not going to leave you hanging.  Sometimes things happen, this unfortunately was a combination of a lot of things gone wrong.

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/10/2022 at 15:31, Brewerytownbeats said:

Your records will be shipped when we get the represses in, thanks for the support and no, we are not going to leave you hanging.  Sometimes things happen, this unfortunately was a combination of a lot of things gone wrong.

Max - Thanks for finally responding . What is the expected date of these from the pressing plant ?

Social source share

• 1 month later...
On 13/10/2022 at 15:11, Brewerytownbeats said:

These records are scheduled for a repress - the plant said "sometime in November" so we are waiting patiently for that to happen. Please be patient with us, I don't have control over the schedule for repress.  Needless to say i will never use this plant a again.  Sorry for all the delays.

Max at Beats

Hi Max,

any chance of an up-date on availability? November has come and gone with no further news. Please can you share the latest news if there is any? It’s looking unlikely we’ll get them for Christmas now! ☹️
cheers

Dave

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Dave Harrison said:

Well, someone’s (in the USA) got a copy! Came up on my Discogs wants list this morning! $200 !!!!
still no response to recent messages & email !

57092069-7613-48AF-99AE-6AD941C8A136.jpeg

This guy is a jerk. Resellers suck

Hey everyone, thanks for writing - we are in the process of packaging and sending over boxes to the UK, we have almost half the orders already boxed up and ready to go - just finishing up in the next week or so, we didn't receive the repress until the first week in Dec.  Please expect a package and notification within the next week. Thank you and sorry for the delay.  Trying our best to get these out.

Max

Social source share

2 hours ago, Dave Harrison said:

It’s the I’m a loner (b/w instrumental) pictured above that I’m waiting for, not the “All my life” issue. If anyone in the UK has that, I’d obviously be interested, but I’m guessing not due to all the issues mentioned in this thread previously! 
thanks anyway,

cheers

Dave

I have these at brewerytownbeats.com - thank you

3 hours ago, Louise said:

Yes Chalky got a hand full left just drop me a e-mail:  sales@souljunctionrecords.co.uk

Dave

These should not be i England yet - I have not sent any over - who did you get supplies from?

Social source share

13 minutes ago, Brewerytownbeats said:

This guy is a jerk. Resellers suck

Hey everyone, thanks for writing - we are in the process of packaging and sending over boxes to the UK, we have almost half the orders already boxed up and ready to go - just finishing up in the next week or so, we didn't receive the repress until the first week in Dec.  Please expect a package and notification within the next week. Thank you and sorry for the delay.  Trying our best to get these out.

Max

Max, thank you for the up-date! That’s good news at last! I look forward to hearing more when they are shipped! 
cheers

Dave

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Max are you going to answer these questions properly?  Good news is good news but what I’m not hearing is a reply outlining when I and others here will get our 45? 

I also contacted you via email via the other month asking for a refund, you have ignored that email, not offered me any thing.

whatever problems you claim to have, they don’t carry any water if you don’t carry out your obligations as a shop or seller.  

you mentioned boxes being sent to the uk before Christmas, well none of us have seen anything, so is that a load of BS?

so whats it to be? 

Malcolm 

Edited by Mal C
Social source share

On 13/01/2023 at 06:30, Marc Forrest said:

THESE WILL BE DAMAGED - ALL STANDARD COPIES (EXCEPT VERY FEW) CAME DAMAGED - PROMO'S ARE IN THE MAIL

On 13/01/2023 at 05:49, Mal C said:

Max are you going to answer these questions properly?  Good news is good news but what I’m not hearing is a reply outlining when I and others here will get our 45? 

I also contacted you via email via the other month asking for a refund, you have ignored that email, not offered me any thing.

whatever problems you claim to have, they don’t carry any water if you don’t carry out your obligations as a shop or seller.  

you mentioned boxes being sent to the uk before Christmas, well none of us have seen anything, so is that a load of BS?

so whats it to be? 

Malcolm 

Promo Nu-Ron's in the mail as of today - Once you receive them if you would still like a refund I'd be happy to oblige.  Apologies all around, this has been a nightmare to say the least.

Max

Social source share

• 1 month later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!