Bobby Thurston

I know the Mainline lp is the first release but I'm talking about the Expansion Special Reserve 2001 release, if this is the first legitimate 7"release could it be deemed original format? We all know what a pain it is to lug huge boxes of 12s and lps around so would make more sense to take the 7".

There are other lp only tracks that have been released on a 7" that get played out regularly and not frowned upon ,for example Wilson Williams on Crates of Soul etc so I don't see this one as any different unless I'm totally off track.

Social source share

15 hours ago, Pilgrimsoul said:

I know the Mainline lp is the first release but I'm talking about the Expansion Special Reserve 2001 release, if this is the first legitimate 7"release could it be deemed original format? We all know what a pain it is to lug huge boxes of 12s and lps around so would make more sense to take the 7".

There are other lp only tracks that have been released on a 7" that get played out regularly and not frowned upon ,for example Wilson Williams on Crates of Soul etc so I don't see this one as any different unless I'm totally off track.

Using your logic I could easily pass off any soul compilation album that features non-LP tracks as the first LP release for them. Making it legit to play them out.

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I had a US copy of Taj Mahal, but not seen a UK release (I love the "Gimme Some lovin'" intro steal)

I was referring to Bobby Thurston and Very Last drop, which isn't what the OP was asking for. Ignore me 😃

Edited by Daved
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!