Guest BIGBOY

• Replies 109
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Andy Kempster

P...ss heads. Hang on, its your round, be there in a minte.

link

i'll get them in then

i take yours is the usual babycham and creme de menthe with all the trimmings

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Yep, like We always have. But as its Christmas, can i have the little umbrella, cause you always get it. Go on, pleeeeeeeeeeeease.

link

here's one you'll like......

michael owen walks into a pub and straight up to the most gorgeous leggy blonde he sees. "hi" he says " my name is michael owen and i play for real madrid, i have a huge house, drive a ferrari and earn millions of euros a year...can i feel you tits?"

without a moments hesitation she replied......

"you're a little forward arent you!"

happy christmas, i'm off down the boozer

Social source share

while Ace Sspectrum is being discussed,was it not re-released later on in the 70s a few years after it had sold 1 million plus so people may even have the second press ?

link

Also while Ace spectrum is being discussed.Check out 'Keep Holding On'

very cheap at the mo,It's far far superior to 'Don't Send Nobody' I'm tipping it to go big in 2005!

Merry xmas

Pete (I'm the only modern souler in the village)!!!

Social source share

here's one you'll like......

michael owen walks into a pub and straight up to the most gorgeous leggy blonde he sees. "hi" he says " my name is michael owen and i play for real madrid, i have a huge house, drive a ferrari and earn millions of euros a year...can i feel you tits?"

without a moments hesitation she replied......

"you're a little forward arent you!"

happy christmas, i'm off down the boozer

link

Now i know Dad wouldnt have got that Andy... whistling.gif

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enchantedrythm

interesting stuff but the fact that records were ''pushed'' to then be pressed for the financial benefit of a few is an old and well known story.

I have said before it still goes on today not for the pushing of bootlegs but for the blatent ramping up of cheap sounds that some people have stock of that when become popular get sold for 10 times the actual value,

deep dark secret,Ace Spectrum,Futures,Almeta lattimore,J M Matthews,Bill bush etc etc, the true value of these records is far less than what they are getting sold for, it is just the way it is.

yes some records are quite rare and do not get  the recognition price wise that they should and some common records go for silly money just cos its the current ''big sound''

to say that bootlegging is fine cos it gave us what we have today is a load of bollocks,the scene would have progressed anyway,just look how much knowledge collectors and dealers have these days and how many more is there now than there was 30 years ago, then there was maybe a dozen people with enough knowledge,appreciation of the music and the ability to go to the States and ''open doors'' to find the records and make agreements with dealers in the US,now there is loads of knowledgable people with great records themselves.......the only problem is the vinyl has dried up !!!

link

these records were 'PRESSED' to be 'PUSHED'

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!