Fir-ya Keep On Trying

Dave Thorley

Fir-Ya, Keep on tryin/Cryin' in Iran, Star Glow Records, Stone Mint £180

Hi just found the last copy I have of this killer modern soul tune. George Perkins production, out of Baton Rouge. Had lots of requests for it but thought I sold out. This one will only increase in value, stunning tune. Sound clip if wanted davethorley@aol.com

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 33
  • Views 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest the dukester

Hi just found the last copy I have of this killer modern soul tune. George Perkins production, out of Baton Rouge. Had lots of requests for it but thought I sold out. This one will only increase in value, stunning tune. Sound clip if wanted davethorley@aol.com

Sold mine to ADY POTTS if I remember rightly??? :thumbsup:

I think he got a good deal :thumbsup:

Social source share

Sold mine to ADY POTTS if I remember rightly??? :thumbsup:

I think he got a good deal :thumbsup:

I used to sell it for less than the above, but thats cuz I had all the copies George Perkins had. But he did say at the time that they only pressed 1000. Now days you only see single copies for sale and it's a stunning record.

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

yeah got mine from you dave for a good price

very nice tune indeed..

expect this and more at HIP TO THE GAME ON MARCH 16TH

see flyers or event section

Social source share

Thanks for that Dave ..Keep on trying is my fav then .. Is it a Detroit lable ?

Yes, in recent times Detroit has become know, as well as Motor City, Renaissance City. The round towers that dominate the downtown area are call the Renaissance Centre. These towers can be seen on a few modern Detroit label designs. Funny story attached to them is that General Motors swapped their old HQ buildings up on West Grand Boulevard and Woodward Avenue, for this new towers with the bankrupt city. The city then struggled to find a use for the old HQ, having given away a revenue generating location.

Social source share

Don't forget George Perkins' own great version of this tune, cut in more of a midtempo vein.

This sounds interesting, anyone got a clip of this version? Been after the Fir-ya for a while but kept just missing it.. and now I can't afford it :angry: rolleyes.gif

Social source share

Don't forget George Perkins' own great version of this tune, cut in more of a midtempo vein.

Hello,

It's nice that these tracks finally became so popular after being ignored when they were new.

Before it was released in the USA we had tried to shop George's second version of "Keep On Trying" (as part of an album project) to a number of UK labels. Pye were particularly interested but nothing happened.

I wish I'd kept some copies of the 45s. :thumbsup:

We had previously issued George's original 1976 ballad version in the UK via Garry Cape's Hit And Run label - back in 1977 I think.

"Keep On Trying" was one of the very first songs we published. We also leased the second version to Expansion a few years ago so it's out there on a CD compilation somewhere - one of the 'Soul Togetherness' albums I think.

Paul Mooney

www.millbrand.com

Edited by Paul
Social source share

...We also leased the second version to Expansion a few years ago so it's out there on a CD compilation somewhere - one of the 'Soul Togetherness' albums I think...

Soul Togetherness 2002 (Expansion CDEXP 15) also released on double album LPEXP 15

Social source share

Hi Dave

Is this really the going rate for this now? I picked my copy up at Spitalfields in London for a quid!

Social source share

I know what you mean, I must have closed my eyes when I bought it for £25 a few years back and opened them when it was £180. :thumbsup:

Jordi

Who knows what the value of anything is. George told me he only pressed 1000. Some always get trashed, in fact a lot if it's a none hit, so that means it's never going to be easy to find. Unlike Ace Spectrum, that was selling at one stage for £100, when there were 10's of thousands pressed. It's a stunning record, it's hard to find, the dance floor loves it, one sold recently on Ebay for nearly what I'm asking. Long and short, yes

Edited by Dave Thorley
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert