JMAuction - 04/05/2022 - Results!

Mixed bag I thought. I always look and take the 20% commission off, sometimes brings them down to set sale?? Jimmy Reed about what it sells for (great record) but some very expensive😂 is Lou Price any where near that price, commission or not?? The oldies always fetch great money but you can see why the scene is like running through treacle...just my opinion...thank you...Rob

Edited by Lionelonthevinyl
Social source share

15 hours ago, Lionelonthevinyl said:

Mixed bag I thought. I always look and take the 20% commission off, sometimes brings them down to set sale?? Jimmy Reed about what it sells for (great record) but some very expensive😂 is Lou Price any where near that price, commission or not?? The oldies always fetch great money but you can see why the scene is like running through treacle...just my opinion...thank you...Rob

I think Lou Pride is one of those records that is truly rare IMO. I recall Dave Withers and Rod Shard saying they had never had one in all their years? I don't know how many exist but it rarely comes to market. Where as Eddie Parker, Larry Clinton and Gwen Owens have been up for sale/auction a few times. Oh the weird world of Northern Soul.    

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Steve Foran said:

I think Lou Pride is one of those records that is truly rare IMO. I recall Dave Withers and Rod Shard saying they had never had one in all their years? I don't know how many exist but it rarely comes to market. Where as Eddie Parker, Larry Clinton and Gwen Owens have been up for sale/auction a few times. Oh the weird world of Northern Soul.    

Never found a copy in USA but did have a copy I bought over here in 70's. 

I think it was about £12 at the time and moved it on for double maybe.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 hour ago, Steviehay said:

I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KNOW WHO IS BUYING THESE RECORDS OVER HERE OR ABROAD ???

Probably a split, but I think JM mentioned when he was on Dean Anderson's radio show that he has something like 28,000 customers worldwide. That's what someone told me who listened to the show, so don't hold me to it.

If he has that base then there is some big money out there, particularly with the likes of Japan etc. 

Social source share

10 minutes ago, Billy Jo Jim Bob said:

Probably a split, but I think JM mentioned when he was on Dean Anderson's radio show that he has something like 28,000 customers worldwide. That's what someone told me who listened to the show, so don't hold me to it.

If he has that base then there is some big money out there, particularly with the likes of Japan etc. 

He also mentioned that a high proportion of these sales are heading back Stateside 

Social source share

1 hour ago, Modernsoulsucks said:

Never found a copy in USA but did have a copy I bought over here in 70's. 

I think it was about £12 at the time and moved it on for double maybe.

Remember you with that copy Rod , maybe late 75, early 76 , you were stood  with it on Victoria Bridge in a pinstripe suit !

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!