COVID AFFECTED YOU ???

Its a bit of a dig but who cares 3 records on the trot now from abroad USA & Europe x 2. two not posted as yet and ordered 2 and 3 weeks ago only to receive  the inevitable iv'e had Covid....what for 2 frigging weeks and your not posting out til the end of this week,this is not the first (or probably the last) i have heard this news yes i'm sorry you have had it but why reply the day i pay and then nothing for up to nearly 3 weeks it also seems to be the norm in the work place an excuse or does it really take this long ??/ RANT NOT OVER 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Must be just bad luck - recently no issues out of USA - 7 -12 days door to door - no interceptions either - I've had a couple that have got to Langley (Heathrow) and then got re-directed back to USA according to tracking but both got turned round in New York and arrived back here within 3-4 days. I do though engage with the sellers about not using anything other than std int. packet shipping as all the others are a waste of time and particularly money and are the thing that causes delays.

Steve

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Buying and selling to Europe has become very problematic, had 3 returns from Germany and France . Tax issues etc also buying from the USA and Europe. 

I also think Covid can be  a vailed excuse sometimes particularly when buying and  not receiving records . 

It’s a minefield out there at the mo, Discogs in particular has been fraught with returns etc !! 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

So what's the point? Sellers saying they couldn't post due to Covid infections? And you guys think they're lying? Or delays in shipping due to Covid? And you think that's not true?

My view:

delays in shipping due to Covid - bullshit. Most countries have lightened their Covid restrictions to the point that they shouldn't be any unusual delays in shipping times. The Covid-related backlog in handling parcels is no longer. Neither US nor Europe.

Seller not posting due to Covid infection - very likely. Many countries insist you stay in quarantine if you're Covid positive. Timespan how long one has to stay in quarantine varies. From what I understand it can be from 5 days up to the day you test Covid negative. Just a little anecdote: close friend of mine had to stay 3 weeks at home before he finally tested negative. To cut long story short, whenever I get a message from a seller that they can't post my order due to Covid-pos I just take that for granted. And wait about 8-10 days before I expect them to post.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I guess we all have different experiences and in the end it's down to luck.. Sitting in Switzerland, I haven't had any problems whatsoever posting to / receiving from US, UK, Germany.. the only period with obvious issues was summer 2020 when most of us were affected by extra-long delivery times..

Edited by Midnight Drifter
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

29 minutes ago, Midnight Drifter said:

I guess we all have different experiences and in the end it's down to luck.. Sitting in Switzerland, I haven't had any problems whatsoever posting to / receiving from US, UK, Germany.. the only period with obvious issues was summer 2020 when most of us were affected by extra-long delivery times..

Just received a retuned record from Switzerland after two months! 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Have had a few delayed like that myself recently. All turned up eventually. Bit of sympathy here though. Had Covid myself about 5 weeks ago. Despite being jabbed 3 times - fatigue and low energy for weeks afterwards (and still experiencing that a bit).

Edited by Joesoap
Social source share

Stopped selling abroad on Discogs.

Originally part Discogs awkward new postage format that kept going wrong and partly covid.

Still not posting abroad.Perfectly happy selling here rarely losing parcels and having to put up with all the VAT and other taxes crap.

Still don’t think I’ve had covid either but a bitch of a stomach bug a couple of weeks ago knocked me off my feet. 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone on here got a clue about whats happening here ?

Universal Tracking say 

11 May 202206:40

Departed. Your item departed a transfer airport in HEATHROW, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM on May 11, 2022 at 6:40 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination.LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM

The Post Office say 

This item is now leaving the originating country. More information will be available when it arrives in the UK.

So what's going on ? One of them isn't right & I've had it in limbo for 13 days now without an update.

Any help appreciated - Cheers

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!