Allan Scott LP

14 hours ago, Benji said:

How much was the record? Just curious, IMO that Arthur Prysock c/up track is awful. Really awful. And whoever said it might be the "what happened to yesterday" Al Scott sure needs a good ear canal flushing 😁

I love the AP cover up, always have since first hearing it many moons ago.

I asked on the discogs page the source linking Al Scott with Allan Scott.  It would appear if they have the same surname then that is good enough 🤣  

A member on here has met Al Scott of Genuine fame, before the record was uncovered so didn't know who they were talking to.  If he reads this he may comment.

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

6 hours ago, Chalky said:

I love the AP cover up, always have since first hearing it many moons ago.

I asked on the discogs page the source linking Al Scott with Allan Scott.  It would appear if they have the same surname then that is good enough 🤣  

A member on here has met Al Scott of Genuine fame, before the record was uncovered so didn't know who they were talking to.  If he reads this he may comment.

Indeed and the LP was recorded when Allan was 21 so 18 and recording on Genuine seems a little young to me, I wait with my usual impatience, have you messaged "El Sabu" who made the connection ?

Edited by Blackpoolsoul
Social source share

• 7 months later...
On 18/05/2022 at 09:10, Jessie Pinkman said:

Hi Chalky, Rumour has it that it's Mr Soul / Al Scott, not sure how true that is but it does sound quite like him

Richard Searling has just stated in the latest issue of 'Blues & Soul' that Allan Scott & Al Scott (Mr.Soul) are one and the same person. 

Edited by Soul-slider
Social source share

On 28/12/2022 at 19:11, Soul-slider said:

Richard Searling has just stated in the latest issue of 'Blues & Soul' that Allan Scott & Al Scott (Mr.Soul) are one and the same person. 

while they have similar tone of voice they sound nothing alike.. like a yorkshireman doing a cockney accent.. i for one would stuggle to come to terms with that

Edited by Dave Pinch
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Dave Pinch said:

while they have similar tone of voice they sound nothing alike.. like a yorkshireman doing a cockney accent.. i for one would stuggle to come to terms with that

There is no evidence, some member on discogs as simply said they are the same with no evidence.  I've asked the question on there how they can link two arstists with no proof.  I Asked the guy to provide some proof but no reply.  Will see if the fools behind discogs get back to me. Someone has met Al Scott and he was black.

Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

There is no evidence, some member on discogs as simply said they are the same with no evidence.  I've asked the question on there how they can link two arstists with no proof.  I Asked the guy to provide some proof but no reply.  Will see if the fools behind discogs get back to me. Someone has met Al Scott and he was black.

I agree Mr soul sounds black to my ears while Allan Scott is obviously white. As you know I’m always grumbling about discogs. Anybody can put anything on there

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!