Ebay Withdrawals

Can anyone tell me why sellers withdraw items before the auction ending time.I know this sounds a bit naive but it pisses me off when you've watched a record only to see its been ended early.

My own idea is that the seller is worried its not going to make what he wanted for it (after he's looked it up in JMs price guide)well surely thats the risk you take with auctioning stuff.

I emailed 2 sellers to ask them their reasons but as of yet no replies.I think one of the problems with some US sellers is that they see something valued at £100 and thats what they want even though their item is completely shagged

Stamford :thumbsup:

Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Can anyone tell me why sellers withdraw items before the auction ending time.I know this sounds a bit naive but it pisses me off when you've watched a record only to see its been ended early.

My own idea is that the seller is worried its not going to make what he wanted for it (after he's looked it up in JMs price guide)well surely thats the risk you take with auctioning stuff.

I emailed 2 sellers to ask them their reasons but as of yet no replies.I think one of the problems with some US sellers is that they see something valued at £100 and thats what they want even though their item is completely shagged

link

Back door deals. ie an offer to sell there and then. Against the rules but it happens all the time.

Social source share

Often wondered if these "removals" also take away one of a bidder's "snipes".... I mean you watch summat.... set it up in a "snipe".... forget about it.... then when look after "ending" date/time it's been gone a while....

Does the "snipe" go or is it returned.... like a "bouncing cheque" so to speak.... don't use them so just curious....

Social source share

That'll be two "users" I can now confidently "report" with written evidence :wicked:   :thumbsup: ....

link

It's my record and I can do what the hell I like with it basically! :lol:

You do know that there is a form that you fill in to explain why you are withdrawing the item for sale? It's an official ebay form and the options include 'the item has already been sold', 'the item is lost or broken' or simply 'the item is no longer available'.

It is not illegal to withdraw items for sale on Ebay!

Social source share

It's my record and I can do what the hell I like with it basically!  :lol:

You do know that there is a form that you fill in to explain why you are withdrawing the item for sale?  It's an official ebay form and the options include 'the item has already been sold', 'the item is lost or broken' or simply 'the item is no longer available'.

It is not illegal to withdraw items for sale on Ebay!

link

Know all that Pete... your not taking the post to heart are you mate :thumbsup::wicked: .... f-f-f-fcuk's sake, that's not like you :lol: ....

Social source share

Often wondered if these "removals" also take away one of a bidder's "snipes".... I mean you watch summat.... set it up in a "snipe".... forget about it.... then when look after "ending" date/time it's been gone a while....

Does the "snipe" go or is it returned.... like a "bouncing cheque" so to speak.... don't use them so just curious....

link

It will only 'snipe' if the snipe amount is above the last bid. Otherwise it will just stay dormant.

The snipe company I use only charge you when the snipe is successful. I may set up a snipe for $40 for example but if the value of the item increase to $50 for example prior to my snipe I will not be charged for the snipe.

I have also been successful on many occassions when asking sellers to 'close the auction'. However I find only 1 in 10 will accept your offer. I do not do it though when there is already a bid on the item. I don't agree with that.

Shane

Social source share

It will only 'snipe' if the snipe amount is above the last bid. Otherwise it will just stay dormant.

Shane

link

That's cleared that up then Shane :wicked::lol::lol::lol: ....

I'm assuming from that, that a snipe is lost then as the amount may well be the starting price when removed.... so snipe is above that and lost.... very clear :thumbsup: ....

Social source share

link

Either they've been offered a price to take it off auction, thus gambling on either getting a lot more or a lot less than it might have gone for, or they're greedy, dummy spitting :wanker:s who, (in trying to cut their listing costs by listing a record - that they expect to reap top dollar for - at a low starting price with no reserve) see that with a few hours to go and no bids, pull the item and have a bit of a hissy fit to themselves. The same folk are also the one's who, when you email them to ask where the item dissapeared to, as you'd been watching it and had a bid lined up, feel it within their right to reply with...

"Hi

As there had been no bids, on what is a very rare record I pullrd it. I was not going to let this go for nothing. You are about the 5th person to email me. My reply is the same to all, next bid don't try and steal it."

What a pleasant chap. Dog's bollox that one.

Out of interest, what is the Trey J's - 'I Found It All In You' worth. Don't tell me, tell the guy who had one for sale...he'd sure like to know so he can list it properly next time. wanker.gif

Social source share

S'ok mate, just gearing myself up for the next round of 'new Goldmine cd' arguments...

link

Got one on the go here :lol::lol: .... from a reply above :thumbsup: ....

or they're greedy, dummy spitting :wanker:s .... only kidding kooga :wicked: ....

Off to pub to quench a thirst.... will return later....

Edited by vaultofsouler
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!