Northern Soul In the Mainstream 2022

Mike

We watched the first series of The Other One, no mention of Northern in that one, came up in the episode before the one highlighted. I wish they had left it at that, I found this one embarrassing and in no way reflected a true Northern night for me. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Have seen this kind of thing cropping up from time to time ,  even in Cold Feet , maybe the producers think it's trendy , but surely Old Skool , would be more appropriate even House it just doesn't go with the characters portrayed within the story lines .

• Up vote 2
Social source share

I’m gonna have to start going to a “normal” night soon to escape the divs.  Its becoming more and more cringeworthy how the media are shoehorning northern into tv etc.  it is far from representing the scene and just make a mockery of it. 

• Up vote 3
Social source share

18 hours ago, Chalky said:

I’m gonna have to start going to a “normal” night soon to escape the divs.  Its becoming more and more cringeworthy how the media are shoehorning northern into tv etc.  it is far from representing the scene and just make a mockery of it. 

Personally think there are several scenes now. Regards the clip TV and to a certain extent film have always been lazy when trying to portray the original scene, with a couple of decent attempts.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

If it wasn't for reaching for the best, the flasher, sharonettes going to a go go, and weak spot...I might have missed out on the real scene.

These snippets on TV dramas etc should be taken as a bit of fun really.

The dance scene does reflect the wedding parties I've been to for sure...here comes the snake, so everybody jump around.

Ed

• Up vote 3
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!