Jean Shy on Chief & Starville

There was a thread on here by Soulgirl85 that Boba contributed to about Jean Shy's I'm A Bad Go-Getter on Chief but the topic was ended for some reason.

Does anyone know if Jean's 45 on Starville ever turned up 'I Looked In My Pocketbook'? 

Also anyone know if Tim & Jean was Jean Shy and Timmy Smith for definite. And if so why was her writer name Key - it's not her real name

Social source share

I've seen the Jean Shy on Chief several times, but I NEVER saw a record by her on Starville.  I doubt that one was released as a regular issue with a decent sized press run.

Jean being a member of a duet rings a bell.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

12 hours ago, Ady Croasdell said:

There was a thread on here by Soulgirl85 that Boba contributed to about Jean Shy's I'm A Bad Go-Getter on Chief but the topic was ended for some reason.

Does anyone know if Jean's 45 on Starville ever turned up 'I Looked In My Pocketbook'? 

Also anyone know if Tim & Jean was Jean Shy and Timmy Smith for definite. And if so why was her writer name Key - it's not her real name

Dave Rimmer has her down as being in the duo and I have asked my Windy City contacts and one has also confirmed. I wonder if the thread closed as Bob passed ? (RIP)

Melvin London owned the publishing Ady on Jean's releases and the duo, but I am going to guess you knew that

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!