Anyone Fancy A Pop Quiz? Soul Quiz?

Pete S

• Replies 26
  • Views 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OK tell me when to do it and I'll prepare a really good one, say 10 male groups, 10 female groups, solo, duets, instrumental breaks etc then maybe 10 pop 60's/70's/80's just to make it a bit lighter....someone suggest the best time to kick it off OR I could do it then upload it to someones server and they could play whenever they liked???

Social source share

you doing it in a one file format Pete

if so depending on size could wack it as a attachment

7mb seems to be ok

people pm yer answers?

link

On dial up it's a complete pain and people may give up waiting for a 7mb file, though it look like a hit on the thread.

On broadband it OK, but I think you are getting close to bring down another server as I'm now getting the message "don't access this site too continuously"!

Social source share

On dial up it's a complete pain and people may give up waiting for a 7mb file, though it look like a hit on the thread.

On broadband it OK, but I think you are getting close to bring down another server as I'm now getting the message "don't access this site too continuously"!

link

Hip

it should stream ?

but yeah fair one on dial up hands up do forget at times

Social source share

link

Hip

it should stream ?

but yeah fair one on dial up hands up do forget at times

Social source share

Hip

it should stream ?

but yeah fair one on dial up hands up do  forget at times

link

Yes, it streams alright, I had 8 tunes all playing at the same time! But that can be problem because everytime you go back to look at a reply, they start streaming all over again and if using dial up it a real slow painful experience. Or perhaps it just me and my browser settings?

Social source share

Yes, it streams alright, I had 8 tunes all playing at the same time! But that can be problem because everytime you go back to look at a reply, they start streaming all over again and if using dial up it a real slow painful experience. Or perhaps it just me and my browser settings?

link

No same here, also on dial up.. though frustratingly on fast connection at work where I can't listen to anything!!!

Social source share

Pete, why don't you string it together in one montage and make it a low rate mp3 file. that should be less than 1MB and that way, people are only waiting for one download at most.

J

link

Cos I don't know how to???

See I'd have to be doing this off records onto a cd, then when I put the cd in the pc I record those snippets but they are all individual tracks. I was thinking of doing one post with 5 separate ones, 5 with another and so on, but I am happy to take advice on how to do this, want to make it quite good so it's enjoyable for all.

Tell you what I'll donate a prize to the winner...a good prize :)

Social source share

Dunno Rach, just did it the same as when I've posted any other tracks, except these are all 10 seconds or less, can't understand it.  Though some have over 100 downloads so they must be working???

link

Works now! Whether I can get away with plugging my headphones in at work is a different matter... :)

Social source share

bit rushed, but just reverted forum back to the basic way it shows attachments

that way it should display page ok

think problems were due to amount of samples on the one page ??

as said should solve it

suggest using right click and open in new window on the attachments

will look deeper when time allows

mike

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!