JMAuction - 01/06/2022 - Results!

Timi Yuro

It’ll Never Be Over For Me / As Long As There Is You

Liberty: LBF 15182 (45s)

British Only!

Utterly essential Northern Soul…from one of the last century’s greatest female voices.

Made in the UK, produced by Timi Yuro and Marshall Leib under their partnered banner of ROMA Productions. Taking two letters from each names Time YuRO / MArshall Leib. They upscale Baby Washington’s 1964 New York sister sledgehammer beat ballad at Wessex Sound Studios in London, December 1968. Pulling in some notable assistance from the great Les Reed, along with Ian Green (Rosetta Hightower’s partner) another soul orientated arranger, between them pumping up this almighty production way beyond any of their previous work.

The resulting in the most-wanted, best-loved female vocal 45 ever released in the UK.

Listen, take a deep breath and ensure this NS masterpiece does not pass you by.

Condition Report

Two clean labels, 3 prong centre intact, fine clean, full gloss, play perfect excellent plus vinyl, revealing only fine soft surface hairlines under light, still housed in birth sleeve - this is a top-copy!

£1,736.00

Sorry, this auction has ended.

01/06/2022 18:06

Listen 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Re Raphael/Tony Toni Tone........."I Couldn't Keep It To Myself" from the Tony 's and "Skyy Can You Feel Me" from Raphael.  And my own choice from the 7x7's/LP/CD mentioned here was "Never Give You Up".

Cheers,

Mark R

• Up vote 2
Social source share

42 minutes ago, Benji said:

sure. but he says it's a UK only release

I was surprised to see he has Craig Douglas Don't Mind if I Cry listed as UK only which  had releases in India  Portugal and South Africa. Maybe in this case the UK only relates to a demo copy. 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

14 hours ago, Steve G said:

I don't normally comment on auction prices, since it is up to the individual what they pay for a record they want. But, as a collector I'd prefer not to split up the Rafael Saadiq box set as it is a unique item. As for Sy Hightower, seems to have sold for a lot less than the seller paid for it last time it was auctioned.  The fact that Time Yuro, of which there are hundreds of copies sells for more than a rarity like that shows just how "confused" the market is right now. 

It’s the punters that are confused Steve, pushing the madness further . 

Social source share

5 hours ago, Benji said:

sure. but he says it's a UK only release.

4 hours ago, Twoshoes said:

I was surprised to see he has Craig Douglas Don't Mind if I Cry listed as UK only which  had releases in India  Portugal and South Africa. Maybe in this case the UK only relates to a demo copy. 

Of course JM can be wrong in his item descriptions at times. However if he uses sales boosting phrases like "UK Only" I expect him to get his facts right.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

I think if you look more closely he said Bristish only "production"at the top which is 100% true, even the publishing (and I am not a fan of his ramblings on auctions) he confused it down the page

oh come on. you know damn well what "british only" or "uk only" means in this context, don't you?

• Up vote 3
Social source share

On 01/06/2022 at 23:18, Mark R said:

Re Raphael/Tony Toni Tone........."I Couldn't Keep It To Myself" from the Tony 's and "Skyy Can You Feel Me" from Raphael.  And my own choice from the 7x7's/LP/CD mentioned here was "Never Give You Up".

Cheers,

Mark R

It was always a shame the Tonys 'i couldn't keep it to myself' never got a single release. The LP was too low cut to play it out from without getting feedback.

Social source share

On 01/06/2022 at 21:04, Dave Moore said:

I really tried to get on with this after the hyperbole on the site but found it left me cold.  It all seemed a bit 'Emperors New Clothes' ish to me.  Strokes for folks I guess.

Dave 

I think it's more of a subtle thing, smoother 70's, beautiful Luther V style voice, fender rhodes. Certainly ain't northern big room stuff, more chilled bar sound. But yes, strokes for folks Dave.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!