Larry Houston Let's spend some time together Boot / Orig

Hi I always thought the original was HFMP with moulded over shiny label, second legit issue was HFPM with paper labels, matt, both have Give me something to go on on flip and the HFMP boot has I’ve Got To Start My Life on the flip...was it ever booted on HFMP with 'Give me' on the flip ? 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I’m afraid I can’t answer your question but would be interested if anyone can? Bought the 2nd paper label issue around 82/83 new and still have it. Can’t remember exactly how much I paid but pretty sure it was around £1.50 give or take. Just out of interest why do you ask? Do you own a paper label copy which you suspect is a boot?

Social source share

First press is slightly duller paper and a more pastel red (red / white label), second press has a very slightly more glossy label with a darker red but same design. Third release is the all red label which was remixed without the "Whoo" and a more electronic sound to it and then finally there's the 12" which is the same design as the first two releases (red / white label).

As far as I know it hasn't been booted

Steve

• Up vote 1
Social source share

33 minutes ago, Soulman said:

First press is slightly duller paper and a more pastel red (red / white label), second press has a very slightly more glossy label with a darker red but same design. Third release is the all red label which was remixed without the "Whoo" and a more electronic sound to it and then finally there's the 12" which is the same design as the first two releases (red / white label).

Steve

The 12” is news to me. Does it really exist, or do you mean the Promise 12” on the same label?

Social source share

11 hours ago, Soulman said:

Steve

This one looks like a 1st issue then - Pastel red stamped Audio labs in run out

thumbnail_IMG_7367.jpg

thumbnail_IMG_7368.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It's been discussed before but yes, the 12" exists but is hard to come by. Label design is same as "Promise". I think my copy is still in storage following a move but I'll see if I can find my file photo. 

The above image is indeed the first press / run on the 45

Steve 

• Up vote 2
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

I picked up a copy of this in about 1984 from a DJ at the Brewery Tap Barking and it looks a bit different than the above picture particularly it has capitalised lower case track titles both sides with all upper case artist name. Discogs reckons what I have is the 1st with Audio Labs stanped in the runout which mine is, but I couldnt say for sure its definitely a 1st pressing

Edited by Robertf
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Just a bit of additional info regards the 12” version of this track as per a couple of earlier posts…it is mentioned in Richard Searling’s book “Setting The Record Straight” on page 150 partial quote: “The track would also later be discovered on an extremely obscure twelve”.

Never seen a 12” copy myself but would be interested to know if they are extended mixes or just the same 7” versions. 

Social source share

15 hours ago, Modern Man said:

Just a bit of additional info regards the 12” version of this track as per a couple of earlier posts…it is mentioned in Richard Searling’s book “Setting The Record Straight” on page 150 partial quote: “The track would also later be discovered on an extremely obscure twelve”.

Never seen a 12” copy myself but would be interested to know if they are extended mixes or just the same 7” versions. 

It is an extended mix

Social source share

41 minutes ago, Modern Man said:

^^^ Thanks for the info Soulman 👍

No problem,

My copy is in storage following a move. I'll dig it out at some point, scan it and try and post a file. It's damned hard. Got my copy from Larry himself many years ago. He had an acetate of it too (didn't get that unfortunately) but it sounded great, even on an average system, it really brought out the bass aspect of the mix.

Steve

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!