Winfield Parker – My Love For You/I Wanna Be With You

I Cannot believe the price on this on Discogs i have had 4 copies of this (by no means rare) and sold them for max £50 ,but to scroll down on the selling of this from 200 to 1,000 is pure scandalous its a buyers market but i wonder how many of these would actually sell this has got to be the rip off of the year....now watch the list go up everyone digs one out to sell at these overpriced prices rant not over.....

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1928584874

• Up vote 2
Social source share

Too many such speculative set-sales all over the internet (from anonymous or reputed carefree dealers) coupled with auctions going over rhe roof (deep pocket "outside" new commers) makes room for the opportunists to dare without shame in participating into the desintegration of current average conscensus prices. All is wrong.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I bought a record at the weekend, can't say what as its a gift and the future recipient might read this. Five on Discogs, didn't look elsewhere as I wouldn't have got it any cheaper, under a tenner for a brand new copy, it's not a recent record it's from some time back. Three for sale from the EU at under €10. The only remaining copy in this country £69. If you're not prepared to pay taxes etc for the EU ones does that suddenly make it a £60 record for anyone listing it in this country. 

Social source share

3 hours ago, Steviehay said:

I Cannot believe the price on this on Discogs i have had 4 copies of this (by no means rare) and sold them for max £50 ,but to scroll down on the selling of this from 200 to 1,000 is pure scandalous its a buyers market but i wonder how many of these would actually sell this has got to be the rip off of the year....now watch the list go up everyone digs one out to sell at these overpriced prices rant not over.....

https://www.discogs.com/sell/item/1928584874

Wow that is amazing - wonder why though? Surely no point in listing for those prices if it's still a £40 - £50 record 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 09/06/2022 at 13:16, Twoshoes said:

I bought a record at the weekend, can't say what as its a gift and the future recipient might read this. Five on Discogs, didn't look elsewhere as I wouldn't have got it any cheaper, under a tenner for a brand new copy, it's not a recent record it's from some time back. Three for sale from the EU at under €10. The only remaining copy in this country £69. If you're not prepared to pay taxes etc for the EU ones does that suddenly make it a £60 record for anyone listing it in this country. 

Good point 

On 09/06/2022 at 15:22, Glynthornhill said:

Just a side note but when I contacted Winfield Parker he wanted $100 per copy ( And that was around ten years back ) 🙄

When it was around 20 over here oh well good job frank Wilson didn't find any of his 

Social source share

On 09/06/2022 at 14:03, Chris Turnbull said:

Wow that is amazing - wonder why though? Surely no point in listing for those prices if it's still a £40 - £50 record 

Manship and a few other dealers had it on their sites for 50 all sold but I bet the next copies won't be that price 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

It doesn't appear to have ever sold on there for more than £93. One of the sellers who's got it listed is notorious for ludicrous pricing. It only seems to take one to do that on an item for others to follow suit. There's loads of examples of this on DIscogs (and I think various forms of price gouging by sellers goes on). One LP I was looking at the other day -TWENTY FIVE  copies all at silly prices. They'll sit there unsold forever..!

Edited by Joesoap
  • Up vote 3
Social source share

Does seem to be a common Discogs trend. One seller sets the bar at a ridiculous off the scale price and the sheep follow with lower tariffs that are still double what the real price should be. Result is lots of unsold records.

Edited by Keamus
  • Up vote 2
Social source share

It’s good to see there is one dealer selling “special “ records. It’s always a joy to find the dealer with the best record and it’s easy to find as its generally 250% over the average price of the others.... Or have I got it back to front and it’s the dealer that’s special and is qualified to use a title that sounds like billy HUNT but means total - unt.....

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!