News: Coming Soon from MD Records Group

1 hour ago, Backstreetniter said:

Not yet - we're a good few months of yet, so we will release sound files closer to the time. Although I am featuring it in my DJ spots. 

Sounded great at Swinton Nighter. ( rest of spot was c**p though ) 🤣🤣

Top work Sherlock. 👍👍

Social source share

On 14/06/2022 at 11:01, Ted Massey said:

It's brilliant to have new stuff rather than rehashes That Tomangoes is fantastic  

Just doesn't work for me shuffling around a few bars and beats and calling a new take, even if it is a new take, leave as is. I want them as meant to be.....

M

Social source share

39 minutes ago, Marktsoulman said:

Just doesn't work for me shuffling around a few bars and beats and calling a new take, even if it is a new take, leave as is. I want them as meant to be.....

M

Tomangoes isn't shuffling round a few bars, totally unreleased material. But even with the deferent takes the artist is getting some money and due recognition, they love it.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

3 hours ago, Chalky said:

Tomangoes isn't shuffling round a few bars, totally unreleased material. But even with the deferent takes the artist is getting some money and due recognition, they love it.

It wasn't these releases I was referring to...these are just superb..Unreleased gems!

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, Seano said:

Phew - thought I might have missed it!

Don't worry you haven't missed then.  I asked Mark at MD and he said hopefully first week in September, being pressed tomorrow.  Will be well worth the wait, Tomangoes, old school Northern with a flip that will be great for the sweet, lowrider down tempo crowd. The James Lately is excellent northern as well.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

Don't worry you haven't missed then.  I asked Mark at MD and he said hopefully first week in September, being pressed tomorrow.  Will be well worth the wait, Tomangoes, old school Northern with a flip that will be great for the sweet, lowrider down tempo crowd. The James Lately is excellent northern as well.

Where can I hear them?

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Both records sound really good, but as with other comments, the Tomangoes really does do it. The flip sounds great; I always thought the version on my Grapevine copy was superb, and this is not just a tweak away, but a whole new take on the track.

Social source share

The Tomangoes , Loves Got A Hold On Me ,, sounds like all of the best rolled into one ,,,if you know what I mean ,,Should have been released at the time ,,but so grateful we finally get to hear it , well done the MD team , imagine the reaction if this was played on an acetate in one of the old venues ,, hopefully there's more in the can ,,,,,, 

Social source share

9 hours ago, Happy Feet said:

The Tomangoes , Loves Got A Hold On Me ,, sounds like all of the best rolled into one ,,,if you know what I mean ,,Should have been released at the time ,,but so grateful we finally get to hear it , well done the MD team , imagine the reaction if this was played on an acetate in one of the old venues ,, hopefully there's more in the can ,,,,,, 

There is a lot more in the can and better than what we have heard apparently.  On Dean Anderson's show for which Jordan sat in whilst Dean was away, Jordan played an unissued Tommy Rodgers, he of Pass The Word, which IMO was better than the Tomangoes.  Take a listen to this weeks show to hear it.

• Up vote 1
  • Thanks 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

An excellent release, with thumbs up for the B side too. In my case, thanks to Guy Hennigan and Tony Smith who played it on their 'Rare Soulcial' show on totallywiredradio. Wondering how 'Love's Got A Hold On Me' is being received when played out? Just one point: I'm going to have to watch closely when I play it out in the local pub (for the education of a general audience), because the playable content only takes up about half of the 7 inch disc- which seems to often be the case on issues pressed these days.

Social source share

Sorry- not being clear.   The track runs for 2 mins 15 seconds and is excellent in both sound quality and performance all the way through- but on the 7" disc the content is only the first 1.5cm with a runout grove of @ 2.5cm- so it looks like a two track EP with the inner one of two tracks missing (if you can visualise that). An unwary DJ glancing at the deck might get fooled into thinking that there is more of the track left than there actually is. 

• Thanks 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!