Billy Arnell tough girl

22 hours ago, Frankie Crocker said:

Come on now Ted, quintessential dance music on both sides. Take it you’ve not got one?

Not any longer sold it must be 10 years ago just couldn't get on with it 

21 hours ago, John Muir said:

"One mans meat is another one's poison"

Yeah  they come in small packages 

Edited by Ted Massey
  • Up vote 2
  • Listening now 1
Social source share

On 30/06/2022 at 15:42, Wheelsville1 said:

I will second that Ted,northern soul maybe,Soul never in a million years. 

As someone far wiser than me once said, all soul could be northern soul, not all northern soul is soul. When you look at some of the patently pap pop listened to at Wigan (and still revered by some of the older contingent still on the scene today), this looks to be the case. (Btw, I am not opposed to this - love a bit of blue-eyed “soul” myself).

Regarding Mr Arnell’s offering, I have always loved the instrumental version. I am sure that the recent purchasers of this record are delighted with their new acquisition and I hope that they enjoy it.

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Mod Life Crisis said:

As someone far wiser than me once said, all soul could be northern soul, not all northern soul is soul. When you look at some of the patently pap pop listened to at Wigan (and still revered by some of the older contingent still on the scene today), this looks to be the case. (Btw, I am not opposed to this - love a bit of blue-eyed “soul” myself).

Regarding Mr Arnell’s offering, I have always loved the instrumental version. I am sure that the recent purchasers of this record are delighted with their new acquisition and I hope that they enjoy it.

As a recent purchaser of this record, I am absolutely delighted with it and have enjoyed it enormously on the few occasions I’ve played it. It took four decades to track down a decent copy and part with a princely sum for it. In fact, I was offered two copies but regrettably turned down one...

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!