News: Pre-release - Con Funk Shun / Jay Cee - Last Bastion Records

Mike

Many thanks Mike . 

This is what Detour Records (the distributors ) have said 

‘DETOUR RECORDS are immensely proud in bringing you the much anticipated third release on this newly formed label. There has been much talk about this release and NOW you can pre order it. Don't hang about as the first release on this label sold out within TEN days of going on sale.’ 

Edited by Andybellwood
Social source share

9 minutes ago, Dave Moore said:

Mike,

Ordered one but 'Out today'?  The website states a release date of 9th SEPTEMBER 2022.  Just for clarity mate in case folks order expecting a 45 to drop on their mat by weekend.   

regards,

Dave 

info on the 'revised' release date of today was direct from @Andybellwood

so am taking it as 100% Dave 👍

edit hang on

wait out...

Social source share

11 minutes ago, Dave Moore said:

Mike,

Ordered one but 'Out today'?  The website states a release date of 9th SEPTEMBER 2022.  Just for clarity mate in case folks order expecting a 45 to drop on their mat by weekend.   

regards,

Dave 

Hi Dave . Sorry for any confusion. It’s now available as a pre release advance order exclusively from Detour Records . Delivery is then expected (hopefully worst case senario ) 9th September . Detour & myself prefer to under promise but things are starting to improve in the vinyl manufacturing supply chain so fingers x’d could beat the 9th September advertised date . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Andybellwood said:

Hi Dave . Sorry for any confusion. It’s now available as a pre release advance order exclusively from Detour Records . Delivery is then expected (hopefully worst case senario ) 9th September . Detour & myself prefer to under promise but things are starting to improve in the vinyl manufacturing supply chain so fingers x’d could beat the 9th September advertised date . 

No dramas,  I bought one and then realised it was a pre order which I don't usually subscribe to but my fault entirely, I should have paid better attention.   LOL!

Good luck with it. 😉 

Dave   

• Up vote 1
Social source share

2 minutes ago, Andybellwood said:

so the 1st July event was a 'pre release advance order'  launch

ok looks like my fault for not clicking on, I took it as an actual release launch date

original article now edited

anyone caught out by my error and wish to cancel then pm me 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 minutes ago, Source said:

so the 1st July event was a 'pre release advance order'  launch

ok looks like my fault for not clicking on, I took it as an actual release launch date

original article now edited

anyone caught out by my error and wish to cancel then pm me 

Similarly , if anyone has pre ordered today not realising delivery is later and not happy , please pm me and I’ll gladly arrange a full refund via Detour Records . 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

13 minutes ago, Steviehay said:

thought it clearly states on their web page SEPTEMBER  

yep that's right

our news post was based on email info from the label owner, which I read wrong and treated pre-release date as a release date

cheers now

• Up vote 1
Social source share

had the below passed on for a post

Record Collector Magazine July 2022 - Reviewed by Ian Mac (Ian McCann) 

Review of Con Funk Shun/Jay Cee Move On Up/l've Been Thinkin - Last Bastion LB O3 

Blimey, what a roster. Last month, we enjoyed Last Bastion's Steve Marriott release, now it brings us something totally different. You may remember Con Funk Shun as mega-selling, highly sampled 70s-80s groove giants. They still exist and in 2014 committed this genuinely remarkable makeover of Curtis Mayfield's call for self-betterment to tape.

Move On Up surfs on a spanking electro-funk groove circa 1981; it's adorned with delicious harmonies, lush strings and horns, and to top the lot, zydeco accordion! A song you've probably heard enough of by now is totally refreshed, in a highly original manner. Organic electronica? Folk-electro-soul? I've never experienced the like: whatever it is, it's fabulous.

As if that wasn't enough, the flip brings us soul DJ Jay Cee borrowing bits of Sam Fletcher's Northern monster l'd Think It Over to create a cool, ticking, rising and falling song of desire. It is contemporary, yet bears vintage echoes of the likes of Work Song and Johnny Lytle's Village Caller without aping either.

Very limited edition: one side would be enough to make it worth snapping up; both are gorgeous.

review.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 08/07/2022 at 13:06, Andybellwood said:

Been asked to clarify .  It’s a special pre release order price of £13 plus p&p exclusively from Detour Records . 
(£15 plus p&p thereafter when in stock - subject to any availability) 

Juno price £28.75 ! 
https://www.juno.co.uk/products/con-funk-shun-jay-move-on-up/889208-01/

Edited by Andybellwood
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all , there’s  limited remaining availabilty at the special pre release order price of £13 plus p&p exclusively from Detour Records.

http://shop.detourrecords.co.uk/epages/es785745.mobile/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/es785745/Products/LB03

This will come to an end in three weeks when they arrive from the manufacturer.

For those who have already ordered these will be posted out to you as soon as we received from the manufacturer. 

Then it’s £15 plus p&p (subject to any availability). Juno are currently taking orders at £28.75! 

Edited by Andybellwood
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Dave Moore said:

Has the release date of 9 Sept changed Andy, or can we expect a thud on the mat soon?

Dave   

Hi Dave . Hopefully very very soon . It’s continual frustrating  delays and disappointing as myself and other labels were hoping otherwise ….

The manufacturers latest advice is now dispatch (to Detour Records) 13th September . After which Detour will package, label and post out as quickly as they can. 

Social source share

On 09/09/2022 at 17:04, Andybellwood said:

Hi Dave . Hopefully very very soon . It’s continual frustrating  delays and disappointing as myself and other labels were hoping otherwise ….

The manufacturers latest advice is now dispatch (to Detour Records) 13th September . After which Detour will package, label and post out as quickly as they can. 

Now Friday delivery to Detour , then mailout from Detour …sorry everyone . Outside our control but very annoying and thank you for you patience . 
Buying at pre release discounted price will be extended to Friday ….

• Up vote 3
Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
36 minutes ago, Happy Feet said:

Arrived yesterday , nice looking picture sleeve full of info , and great sound too , cheers Andy 

That will be the DOJO CUTS (Last Bastion Records) 45 ? 
They arrived just a few days ago and Dizzy @ Detour managed to get all the pre release orders posted out in a couple of days .

Social source share

6 hours ago, Andybellwood said:

That will be the DOJO CUTS (Last Bastion Records) 45 ? 
They arrived just a few days ago and Dizzy @ Detour managed to get all the pre release orders posted out in a couple of days .

Yes Andy The DOJO CUTS (Last Bastion Records ) 45 , don't waste any time folks if you want a copy , look what happened to the Lou Pride 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!