Label Mistakes the factory didn't spot

1 hour ago, Blackpoolsoul said:

Was this lady Delores "Dee Dee" Kennibrew of The Crystals ? (if it has been covered before please direct me)

Not sure, there are conflicting accounts, some say not and performed as Deliliah Moore after a break and marrying Gerald Moore.  She was however in the Triumphs, not seem much to suggest Delores was the one in the Triumphs.

Edited by Chalky
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
18 hours ago, Richard said:

6390EFCD-8568-40D4-9591-C7606C2D48A0.jpeg.c729d28f504396211b10f05874fd7416.jpeg

Producer credit for Lynn Jewell on the first press.

I guess these Visitors from L.A. hadn't heard of Chicago's Visitors, because the latter hadn't had their regional hit yet.  And as the L.A. group probably never even charted, it didn't matter.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

21 hours ago, Richard said:

Producer credit for Lynn Jewell on the first press.

Not 'first press' if ever but from the Plastic pressing plant using the 'old-er' pre-printed labels they still had by the miles as I believe. That for the Tangerine label they at Plastic kept that design until the end... Other pressing plants with the 'new-er' pre-printed label version were Monarch, Columbia (Terre Haute) and Bell (maybe) I believe... TBC. FWIW only the red'N'white label vinyl copy have Lynn to Len Jewell corrected. The 3 other variants not.

Edited by Tlscapital
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

I’m pretty sure(tho I might be wrong):g:that  the only known black issue of Dean Courtney’s (LOVE),YOU JUST CANT WALK AWAY(MGM)has a typo on the flip side...BETCHA CANT CHANGE MY MND (MIND).

Maybe that’s why it is so rare?

Perhaps Pete S could put a scan up...   :yes:   :thumbsup:

Social source share

21 hours ago, Mgm 1251 said:

I’m pretty sure(tho I might be wrong):g:that  the only known black issue of Dean Courtney’s (LOVE),YOU JUST CANT WALK AWAY(MGM)has a typo on the flip side...BETCHA CANT CHANGE MY MND (MIND).

Maybe that’s why it is so rare?

Perhaps Pete S could put a scan up...   :yes:   :thumbsup:

correct, well spotted!

dc mnd_o.jpg

• Up vote 1
Social source share

On 05/08/2022 at 17:54, The Yank said:

Ruby.jpg

The pressing plant used the info from a prior Artistics release on this Jackie Wilson 45- 

Artistics.jpg

Jackie Wilson-w.jpg

Jackie -c.jpg

Another remarkable thing here is that Canada, Australia, Germany and I have a copy from South America.

They all copied the same mistake with Nothing But Heartaches ( Keep Haunting Me ) as the title.

There is a Picture Cover for the German copy too with that title.

Social source share

2 hours ago, 45cellar said:

Another remarkable thing here is that Canada, Australia, Germany and I have a copy from South America.

They all copied the same mistake with Nothing But Heartaches ( Keep Haunting Me ) as the title.

There is a Picture Cover for the German copy too with that title.

NBH.jpg

Social source share

On 05/08/2022 at 10:51, Kenb said:

Vicki Baines Symbol Records, "sweeter than sweet things" label time =2:35. It is infact 2:46/7. Certainly not 12 seconds missing.

IMG_2474.jpg

God that’s proving to be a toughie to acquire. Always wanted it on nice vinyl instead of Loma styrene.Is it the same cut?

Social source share

In a strange way I suppose the label is correct as the intention was to play Here I Am Baby.

However; this one always plays Keep Off No Trespassing both sides on the Midwest DJ Copy.

Often wondered how this mistake this wasn't picked up.

Tamla_T-54166_DJ-1.jpg

DEMO's from other pressing plants have Here I Am Baby both sides as the label states.

Social source share

10 hours ago, 45cellar said:

In a strange way I suppose the label is correct as the intention was to play Here I Am Baby.

However; this one always plays Keep Off No Trespassing both sides on the Midwest DJ Copy.

Often wondered how this mistake this wasn't picked up.

Tamla_T-54166_DJ-1.jpg

DEMO's from other pressing plants have Here I Am Baby both sides as the label states.

Also labeled as "Here I Am Baby" this track also got missed from the later UK demo (TMG 860)

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!