Announcing A Special Podcast - Unissued Tracks Only

Pete S

Should be good I reckon, I've scoured my tapes and cd's and whatever and come up with about an hours worth of worthwile stuff which some of you will have heard but hopefully lots won't, also a few that I've posted up here in the past for like one day then removed them. Things like Temptones cover up, Daydreamer, Clock on the wall, You need love, Chris Bartley, Barbara Mercer, Funk Bros, Topics, Cindy Scott, Lou johnson...also a couple of tracks that are quite rare, issued, but I just fancied playing them - Don & Ron, Milton James, "Downtown Generation". Anyway see what happens, I'm going to record it later and I'll send up a post when it's ready to listen to.

Please see next post

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

OK this is now live, just to say, I purposely did not include things like Luther Ingram baby Don't You Weep, Tiaras cover up etc etc as I didn't want to cause any bother, so things like that are absent but I think you'll still find it an interesting hours worth. If any of the tracks have since been issued or uncovered or whatever, I apologise. There are three tracks that are normal releases but I just like them, you'll spot them easy enough though one has an outrageous cover up group and artist laugh.gif

I am only leaving this up for 36 hours then it will be taken down.

https://raresoul.mypodcast.com/index.html

TEMPTONES C/U - THAT'S WHEN YOU KNOW YOU'RE IN LOVE

BARBARA MERCER - MY DEAR HEART

EDDIE HOLLAND - DAY DREAMER

UPTOWN STRINGS - COME GO WITH ME inst

CINDY SCOTT - IN ONE EAR AND OUT THE OTHER

CHRIS BARTLEY - I GO OUT OF MY MIND

DAVE HAMILTON - WHAT SHOULD I DO inst

SHANE MARTIN - I DON'T WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT

MIKE POST COALITION - DOWNTOWN GENERATION

JEAN CARTER - LIKE ONE

TOPICS - DO THE YO YO

MILTON JAMES - MY LONELY FEELING

DIANE LEWIS - YOU AIN'T GOT A CHANCE

BARONS OF SOUL - YOU NEED LOVE

GLORIA EDWARDS - MY LOVE GROWS STRONGER

VAL SIMPSON - IT'S JUST LOVE

BERNARD WILLIAMS - TEARS TELL THE WHOLE SAD STORY

LITTLE CHARLES - WIN YOUR LOVE

DON & RON - I'M SO SO SORRY

DARLENE LOVE - A LONG WAY TO BE HAPPY

JOBETE ORCHESTRA - THE TOUCH OF VENUS

GEORGE MITCHELL - MR. TEARDROP

WENDY ANDREWS - CLOCK ON THE WALL

FUNK BROTHERS - SWEET THING

LOU JOHNSON - THE PANIC IS ON

JIMMY RADCLIFFE - THE THRILL OF LOVING YOU

ROSE McCOY - I STILL REMEMBER THE FEELING

Edited by Pete-S
Social source share

Just realised I made a cock up after about 20 minutes, it starts Lone Lonely Town which I thought was an instrumental but it sounded crap so I stopped it, meaning to edit it out later, and I forgot! So there's about 25 seconds of that before it goes into 'Diane Lewis'

Social source share

Guest biggray1

fantastic stuff Pete,thanx for shareing mate.....Temp tones cover up sounds great...Lou Johnson is awesome mate..who recorded this great song first.. wub.gif .

Social source share

hello pete,brill brill brill pete just love your latest podcast thingy dont know you but if we ever meet a couple of beers and a handshake for you will be on the menu,also love the live wigan podcast its really nice to hear the big tunes "live" because as i have said before stopped going to wigan in 77/78,i have a lot of the tunes on your "live" podcast on normal compilation cds but actually hearing them live at wigan is really great,keep em coming pete!!!,your a star,soulie55 rolleyes.gifrolleyes.gif:thumbsup:

plus-also love the willie mitchell,"the champion" you posted live,ab/brill,at this time i have a tin of beer in hand,eyes shut,earphones on,volume full,listening to "the champion" live it could be the mid 70s again,im at wigan,st ives,peterborough or one of those all-nighters i used to go to ,happy times great music great people, thanks yet again pete....

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert