Posted Images

Guest Johnny Mack

post-1703-1171804072_thumb.jpg

Ritchie

Scan of my original one attached.

I've had this since the mid 70's.

Hope this helps.

John

And yes I know about the credits :thumbsup: I just want too see the layout again

PLEASE :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

And yes I know about the credits :rolleyes: I just want too see the layout again

PLEASE :lol:

the layout is identical rich, except for addition of credits - i haven't seen one of the "originals" with the credits though (although i knew that they existed), but as i've previously posted my personal opinion is that this is the original of the second mix with keyboards and other instrumentation (ie: the "second original")

does that make sense?

anyway, in answer to your question, the layout is exactly identical

Social source share

No I’m really confused here. Until John said that there where “old” originals with the credit name, we where all sure that the one with credit name was a legit second press made by owner, but now…

Than there’s the unreleased tracks, the other take of “Gold of my life” with strings that Dave is talking about, great version BTW! And then there is “Am I imposing”, great x-over!, both “newly” released on Rock-way.

Social source share

Richie

Sorry the scan has been deleted on an e-mail. I've asked Justin to send it again, or maybe he'll read this and send it up. I think he may have both 70s releases so he'll let you know if there's a difference in the mixes. But I can confirm his copy is an original and has the "producer" credits at the bottom, it is the only copy he or I have seen.

Basically the recent repro the label is like most recent presses, the "paper" is so thin it's resembles one layer of white "paint".. you can't scratch or pick at the edges.

That's not a good desciption but if you had the two together, there is a glaringly obvious difference.

John

Social source share

Richie

Sorry the scan has been deleted on an e-mail. I've asked Justin to send it again, or maybe he'll read this and send it up. I think he may have both 70s releases so he'll let you know if there's a difference in the mixes. But I can confirm his copy is an original and has the "producer" credits at the bottom, it is the only copy he or I have seen.

Basically the recent repro the label is like most recent presses, the "paper" is so thin it's resembles one layer of white "paint".. you can't scratch or pick at the edges.

That's not a good desciption but if you had the two together, there is a glaringly obvious difference.

John

ill get a scan of the label today to yall. i cant find the original scan i did for you last year john. give me a couple of hours being that ive been up all night working. though my label looks like the repros (exactly) its just on different paper so i dont know what good it will really do unless youre here and looking at it.

i also only have my OG w/o violins (ive never heard this version... anyone have an MP3?) and the repro that ECole sent me back in 2000.

Social source share

also know that ECole released a lot of records out here in the bay area. most of which he cant remember doing or so he told me before. i know that he wasnt in all the recording sessions (as told to me by the East Oakland band) so maybe he wasnt around for the entire recording sessions of the Mixed Emotions. maybe thats why there are different pressing/recordings. i dont know i can only guess. i have never spoken to or found any of the ME band members. the engineers family yes... but they only had a copy of the record and knew no stories.

ive been to EColes house a few times and he never speaks to me. on the phone its all "hey how ya been?" to me but he only will read the letters i leave in his mailbox and would never answer the door. i saw him once outside watering the lawn and was going to deliver a letter to him of questions i wanted him to answer for me. he said he was too busy to talk and to just drop the letter in the mailbox. he walked away from me after that and closed his garage door.

weird...

Social source share

There's a Mixed Emotions on ebay at moment. The seller says This is the Original 1975 release. If you look close there's some writing under the artists name so is it a reissue?

click on the link below to see it

https://cgi.ebay.com/Northern-Soul-MIXED-EM...1QQcmdZViewItem

Edited by cressy
Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Dave

For what its worth, the run out groove has EC 5709 A hand scratched and diagonally opposite a small hand scratched circle with the letters BA inside

John out of interest what info is there on the runout groove on your 70s copy?,cheers.

Dave f..............

Social source share

There's a Mixed Emotions on ebay at moment. The seller says This is the Original 1975 release. If you look close there's some writing under the artists name so is it a reissue?

click on the link below to see it

https://cgi.ebay.com/Northern-Soul-MIXED-EM...1QQcmdZViewItem

It looks used and the X's on the label would suggest it's old. Mind you, it could be a clever ruse to make folk think it's an original WITH the engineer's name when infact it's a reissue, or it may be one of those mystical originals with Engineer's name - who knows. Jinx74's story of Mr Cole's action's speak volumes about the tangled web this whole thing has become...reality and fiction seems to have become blurred into one on this one. :thumbsup:

Edited by J-Brew
Social source share

It looks used and the X's on the label would suggest it's old. Mind you, it could be a clever ruse to make folk think it's an original WITH the engineer's name when infact it's a reissue, or it may be one of those mystical originals with Engineer's name - who knows. Jinx74's story of Mr Cole's action's speak volumes about the tangled web this whole thing has become...reality and fiction seems to have become blurred into one on this one. :thumbsup:

totally agree with you. reality and fiction are one and the same with this rec. so many stories and not one person to say whats true. plus ive never met anyone in the bay whos heard of Mixed Emotions.

as far as i know, the only real way to see if its original or not is the E in the dead wax. all originals have it as a backwards 3 while the repro looks like an E.

am i correct in thinking this?

also, there is a BA in circle on the og and the repro.

havent done the scan yet. just got home. will try and get it up here on the board by tomorrow at the latest.

Social source share

Guest woolie mark

ill get a scan of the label today to yall. i cant find the original scan i did for you last year john. give me a couple of hours being that ive been up all night working. though my label looks like the repros (exactly) its just on different paper so i dont know what good it will really do unless youre here and looking at it.

i also only have my OG w/o violins (ive never heard this version... anyone have an MP3?) and the repro that ECole sent me back in 2000.

hi justin

has your copy from the 70s with the arranger's credits got keyboards on the arrangement? could you also tell us what the matrix number is (is it EC 5709?)?

thanks and best wishes, mark

Social source share

Dave

For what its worth, the run out groove has EC 5709 A hand scratched and diagonally opposite a small hand scratched circle with the letters BA inside

Thats the same markings as the copy i have with the Arranger credits on which i believe to be the reissue??

The copy i have with the violins on has different markings to the above they are "9752-GOLD-7 (A) R-19663"

also the vinyl is thicker and has a slightly raised edge/rim on it which i beleive to be one of the recent pressing`s

as opposed to the above vinyl which is thinner and has a flat sharp edge on it.

There you go clear as mud wacko.gif:D:wicked::)

Dave f...............

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...
Guest woolie mark

I won the eBay copy linked here and can after comparements to Jason's scans confirm it's the real deal - correct paper quality and backward 3 as a E in the run out groove. :)

well done mate - looks to me like you got a real bargain there :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest Johnny Mack

Out of curiosity I bought a copy of the re-issue and itss certainly a different mix.

I'll post a compare photo scan and sound track from both copies tomorrow.

Got some birthday celebrating to do tonite

John

Social source share

Source Advert