News: Sandy Barber - I Think I’ll Do Some Stepping (On My Own) Remixes - Pre-Order

Mike

• 2 months later...

Why does it take a modern day remix to get folk interested in a track from 1978?  or even 2012 on the Jap CD?

Anyway it has sold out on their site, Fish has copies at First experience for £18 and copies on ebay for £20, leave the greedy barstewards on discogs alone.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 02/10/2022 at 13:43, Chalky said:

Why does it take a modern day remix to get folk interested in a track from 1978?  or even 2012 on the Jap CD?

Opolopo mix a particularly good example of a remix / rework though - taken a great tune and arguably improved it, compared with something like the Javi Frias 'Hard edge and paint' Pages remix which to me just seems a crude cut and paste job 

• Up vote 2
Social source share

On 06/10/2022 at 12:00, Chris Turnbull said:

Opolopo mix a particularly good example of a remix / rework though - taken a great tune and arguably improved it, compared with something like the Javi Frias 'Hard edge and paint' Pages remix which to me just seems a crude cut and paste job 

That maybe true but the remix has been out there for some time along with others but it takes a vinyl release to get many interested.  The original take is a good record in its own right.

• Up vote 2
Social source share

2 hours ago, Chalky said:

That maybe true but the remix has been out there for some time along with others but it takes a vinyl release to get many interested.  The original take is a good record in its own right.

Was released as a very Ltd (10no)single sided  10’’ promo by BBE . 

Social source share

On 07/10/2022 at 12:16, Chalky said:

That maybe true but the remix has been out there for some time along with others but it takes a vinyl release to get many interested.

Correct mate, but you're wasting your time.  The irony is, if you wait for vinyl on most new releases, and then think you're hip, when it's been played for years since release on a d/l...............

Cheers,

Mark R 

Social source share

40 minutes ago, Mark R said:

Correct mate, but you're wasting your time.  The irony is, if you wait for vinyl on most new releases, and then think you're hip, when it's been played for years since release on a d/l...............

Cheers,

Mark R 

Yep, think they are upfront Djs when in reality they are catching up.  The reissue Cds and download were far better value as well. 

Edited by Chalky
Social source share

2 hours ago, Mark R said:

Remember you playing it as a new release Mark - think that's where I first heard it, probably at Cleethorpes

Social source share

11 hours ago, Chris Turnbull said:

Remember you playing it as a new release Mark - think that's where I first heard it, probably at Cleethorpes

I think this was probably the first time I played it Chris, and I'm guessing it was hot off the press at the time.  I will look at the release date on Traxsource, which is where I found it as a new release.

Cheers,

Mark R

• Up vote 1
Social source share

1 minute ago, Mark R said:

I think this was probably the first time I played it Chris, and I'm guessing it was hot off the press at the time.  I will look at the release date on Traxsource, which is where I found it as a new release.

Cheers,

Mark R

As I thought.....released 6 April 2015.

Cheers,

Mark R

• Up vote 2
Social source share

1 hour ago, Chalky said:

Got ya, couple of other remixes from 2011, John Morales and Al Kent.  Certainly took its time to arrive this track though.

Interesting still demand for it really - as someone else said higher up the thread it has been hammered in recent years, but first time readily available on vinyl I guess 

• Up vote 1
Social source share

4 hours ago, Andybellwood said:

Guess that would have been the 10’’ single sided promo from BBE .  Only 10 or was it 20 produced ? 

No, from the download.......vinyl wasn't available back then.  30 copies made BTW.

Cheers,

Mark R

Edited by Mark R
  • Up vote 1
Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!