Peterborough Allnighter

very well attended from very early on, good music all night. however, the dance floor was slanted so it was very disorientating to dance on and a few people either collided with others or just fell down!

the 'marquee' effect soft furnishings absorbed a lot of the sound (and the speakers were tiny anyway) so there was a lot of feet shuffling heard over the music.

oh, and the decks broke down at 2am. not the most professional of setups.

sounds like a nightmare but i actually ended up quite enjoying myself!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

very well attended from very early on, good music all night. however, the dance floor was slanted so it was very disorientating to dance on and a few people either collided with others or just fell down!

the 'marquee' effect soft furnishings absorbed a lot of the sound (and the speakers were tiny anyway) so there was a lot of feet shuffling heard over the music.

sounds like a nightmare but i actually ended up quite enjoying myself!!! :thumbsup:

Also had a good time and thought the venue was right for a nighter.

I presume that any teething troubles will have been ironed out by the next one in June.

If you like you oldies I can thoroughly reccomend it. :thumbsup:

SLANTED DANCEFLOOR GOT 2 BE A WIND UP :thumbsup: . BILLY

We were very well recieved by the promoters, a few hicups and gliches but I know they will all be ironed out by the next one. All the events during the night just gave it all the more a real SOUL CLUB feel, we all felt part of something new and special, its gonna be a good thing so watch this space!

Our little clan really enjoyed themselves, may I say sorry to the people I didn't get a chance to speak to and sorry to those I did!!!! :rolleyes:

I had looked forward to this for a long time, being the first all-nighter in Peterborough since one in Oct 2002 at the Railway. I only had to hear a few tunes I liked in the main room to be ready to dance, though it took some getting used to a sloping floor! I soon wandered through to the modern and rare room with a nice set from Steve Jay. Besides those I knew from seeing them regularly at Peterborough it was good to find many people who had travelled from as far afield as Portsmouth and Halifax so this new nighter has been well promoted.

Admittedly a shame about the glitch, but it did make for a bit of chillout time, though I was still happy when able to get back on the floor. Eventually left about 4.30 so I'd had over 7 hours in and had a good sleep in Sunday morning.

This nighter will be held again on Saturday 23rd June, 2 weeks after Cleethorpes weekender.

Great night Dave, although I seemed to be covered in talc! Good to see some old faces too.

I was a bit bemused though as to why the Soul Revolution posters we taken down from the loos quite soon after they were put up. I'd like to think it was becuase of the great design and not for any other reason. Afterall, we're all here for the same reason, which is to enjoy soul music. :thumbsup:

And for those that didn't get to see the fab poster....

Sorry couldn't seem to load the poster, so here's the link:

https://www.soul-source.co.uk/uploads..._811_526077.jpg

www.soulrevolution.co.uk

It is a really cool poster I wouldnt mind one myself :D:D:D:D hope you had a good night though !!

I really want to thank the lovely crowd in the modern/crossover very warm reception and kind words I had a great time DJing here and looking forward to returning for the next one!!!!

Steve Jay resident E.A.S.C.City Club Peterborough

was it worth the trip,well yes it was i had a good night,a few small problems wich didnt ruin the night for me like the decks crashing,the slanting dance floor,didnt spend any time in the disco room,so listened to oldies all night in the main room chated most of the night to friends who i dont see to often,would i go again yes i would think it may be a little better next time now that the teething problems can be sorted out,so for his 1st venue in 20 years i think it was ok well done dave and thanks for the hospitality back at your house and meeting some new freinds,

cheers bish

Great night Dave, although I seemed to be covered in talc! Good to see some old faces too.

I was a bit bemused though as to why the Soul Revolution posters we taken down from the loos quite soon after they were put up. I'd like to think it was becuase of the great design and not for any other reason. Afterall, we're all here for the same reason, which is to enjoy soul music. :thumbsup:

And for those that didn't get to see the fab poster....

Sorry if it seemed that I was making fun of the posters being removed in my prevoius post I had not at that time read on the Soul Revolution post about someone deliberately removing them in the past at other venues,this is truly disgraceful I just hope that this negative behavior by someone actually brings a positive result by attracting more attention to the event and so helps to promote it and makes people more aware of it and even more keen to support it :D

Steve

First visit up to peterborough for me,and to a 1st night event.this nighter was well worth the journey.As with all first time events,it was not without its teething problems.But i have yet to go to a first time event ,that does not have any.Anyway all problems were quickly resolved ,and the night continued with ease.the main room was nicely set out,with good sized tables surrounding the amply sized dance floor.yes there was a slight slope to one end of the dance floor,but it did not appear to be a problem for anyone,dance floor was full all evening.nice friendly atmosphere,with friendly and effecient barstaff.rare modern room,was on the small side,but played some cracking tunes.flanny did a great early spot ,then double decked later with mick h.again good tunes.I will be on holiday for the next niter here,but have every intention of visiting this up and coming event again.well done to dave,on organising ,what was a very enjoyable night.look forward to the next one.

carole