Sunnysoul

• Replies 10
  • Views 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Totally bizarre Wigan spin ! One of the craziest ever northern spins !!!

Hurry up and watch this because everytime a Seeds clip is posted , Sky Saxon keeps getting it taken down !!!

He must have finally woken up from his psychedelic stupor after all those years !!! :rolleyes:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GeDxS8olL8

Thank you for posting this. Now perhaps others will see why I viewed Russ Winstanley as a "joke" when it comes to soul DJs.

Social source share

Thank you for posting this. Now perhaps others will see why I viewed Russ Winstanley as a "joke" when it comes to soul DJs.

=========

what about all the brilliant records he played steve over the years....

RW had his share of horror spins but surely these were outweighed by the good stuff????

i blame the dancers meself for dancing to them,,it was them that made it big surely,,i was told this was a huge record at the time..

Social source share

=========

what about all the brilliant records he played steve over the years....

RW had his share of horror spins but surely these were outweighed by the good stuff????

i blame the dancers meself for dancing to them,,it was them that made it big surely,,i was told this was a huge record at the time..

You are right mate, early on Russ had some great tunes, but later he definately lost his way, most of the regulars from 79 onwards would catch up with friends, do the record bar etc rather than hit the floor.

Thats not to say he didn't play the odd good tune mate, but lets be honest he ended up as a support act for Dickie, Sam, Pat B, Rushbrooke et all

We still owe him a great deal however!

Cheers

Steve

Social source share

You are right mate, early on Russ had some great tunes, but later he definately lost his way, most of the regulars from 79 onwards would catch up with friends, do the record bar etc rather than hit the floor.

Thats not to say he didn't play the odd good tune mate, but lets be honest he ended up as a support act for Dickie, Sam, Pat B, Rushbrooke et all

We still owe him a great deal however!

Cheers

Steve

=======

hello stranger ,,,u ok mate

Social source share

Hi mate, stranger indeed, just had the busiest 18 months of my life, but things are finally slowing down!!

I am well though mate, thanks for asking

Cheers

Steve

PS Did I ever send you that Gang Band scan/mp3?

==========

could do with the scan please steve,,,pm me at wiganer1@btinternet.com

cheers mark

nice to see u back...

Social source share

Totally bizarre Wigan spin ! One of the craziest ever northern spins !!!

Hurry up and watch this because everytime a Seeds clip is posted , Sky Saxon keeps getting it taken down !!!

He must have finally woken up from his psychedelic stupor after all those years !!! :thumbsup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4GeDxS8olL8

The term used by the dude talking to the people on the sofa to describe " PTH " to them - " we think it's GASSY " should be used more in today's society .....

Note to the Prestatyn Illuminati ..... As " PTH " had a fleeting " impact " on the scene , what about getting Sky Saxon over for later in the year at Prestatyn , and have RW introduce him .

Now that would be GASSY .....

Malc Burton

post-5097-1171912606.jpg

Edited by Malc Burton
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert