Gnarls Barclay "crazy" Uk Vinyl Promo

Derek Pearson

Before Mister Barclay went to number one on the strength of his downloads I'm told there was a very limited 10" promo mailed out to some lucky DJs in the UK. Anybody confirm with a scan? And more importantly has anyone got a copy to sell? PM or email D.Pearson@bradford.ac.uk

onwards, derek

Social source share

soul auctionsTap here for 24hr ebay Lists  Sign in to Switch Ebay Lists OFF 
  • Replies 12
  • Views 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest cardysharpy

Derek,

The UK promo was on grey vinyl and has a white label with "crazy" stamped on it in black. I've a feeling that it's one sided as well, but can't quite remember.

I'll happily part with mine as a swop for the emotions "blind alley/ my honey and me" seven or for the LP that the track appears on (think it's called "untouched" but it's the one with a white cover).

Cheers,

Jason

Social source share

Derek,

The UK promo was on grey vinyl and has a white label with "crazy" stamped on it in black. I've a feeling that it's one sided as well, but can't quite remember.

I'll happily part with mine as a swop for the emotions "blind alley/ my honey and me" seven or for the LP that the track appears on (think it's called "untouched" but it's the one with a white cover).

Cheers,

Jason

Leave it out Jason, get back to the Acid House :P

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

Seeing as you've outed me Binsy...... I'd also swop it for a Phuture "we are phuture" on a red label Trax (without barcode.......)!!!!! biggrin.gif

Social source share

i haven't got one for sale but it was deffo promo'd on a 10". quite why anybody would want one is another question

hey up Sutty hows it going? "Crazy" was the first track I'd heard on day time radio in the last few years that made me actually want to go out and buy it. My plan stumbled when I discovered it was a download jobbie. But the vinyl grapevine told me it had been promo'd on vinyl first, haha the search was back on. But after a few nights sleep it had slipped down my list and fallen off. Fast forward many months and DP remembers again. Time to end the search. Thought it would be quite neat to get it on a 10" promo....

Derek, The UK promo was on grey vinyl and has a white label with "crazy" stamped on it in black. I've a feeling that it's one sided as well, but can't quite remember. I'll happily part with mine as a swop for the emotions "blind alley/ my honey and me" seven Cheers, Jason

Alright Jason if you get chance can you dig out your UK promo please - providing its in good condition I'll gladly trade for the Emotions 45 you're after. Will hunt about for a copy and get back to you.

Knew I'd posted this on a thread from when this was new...the 10" promo

A vague bell was ringing in the back of my mind saying I'd already asked about this UK 10" promo on here but forgot/didnt have time to search for my original post. Thanks Jerry you reminded me I had.

onwards, derek

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

Derek,

My copy is definitely different from the picture of the promo posted up; I also had it quite a long time before it saw the light of day as a download which means that it's either a very early UK promo, an american promo or possibly a bootleg.

I've e-mailed the people I bought it from to check it's authenticity. If they can confirm that it's genuine it's yours mate. If not, you'd better hang on to your Emotions 7"!

Cheers, Jason

Social source share

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah still want it Jason. To be honest I thought - Emotions 45 on Volt - bah I'll soon track one of them down (coughs). Note this thread was started on February 20th and I still havent tracked a copy down in Ex/M nick. Seen a couple at VG+ or less but decided not to gamble on them. Trawled all the usual places where dusty vinyl lives, emailed several dealers as well, but still ain't got one. Bet I've spent nearly an hour combined over the last month or so searching for this record hehehe. I will get you a copy Jason and the deal can be done.

onwards,

derek

Think I'll post it up in the wants section and see what happens....

Social source share

Guest cardysharpy

I've managed to track one down now thanks Derek- although that said, it hasn't arrived yet. I couldn't believe it was so had to find; ended up paying £15.

There are a couple of other similar value things I'd swop it for- I'll PM you a list in the week. :thumbsup:

Cheers,

Jason.

Social source share

Source Advert