Old Memberships Cards From Nights On The Road

post-1224-1172005709_thumb.jpg

Came across a bundle of these old bits n bats at the weekend-

Southend WMC - this followed on from when Stafford TOTW finished, posted up some pictures last year or so.

Kool Kat & Top Dog Gents 1987 - which clubs were they running?

The Peacock in Yeadon, Leeds up by the airport. Think it ran Wednesday nights and as I was at college in Leeds till 7.30 that night I often used to call in for a couple of drinks on my way home. Was driving a motorbike at the time and do recall turning up there one rainy night dressed in waterproofs. As I got to the door they said "You do know its a soul night don't ya". Dave Bywell read and weep.

Major Lance in 1982-that must've been at Hinkley Leisure Centre, got some pics somewhere.

Smokey in Halifax in 1983 would you believe it eh? Still got a Tee shirt from that night!

Carlisle 1995 dates - the mid 90s were for our gang what you might describe as 'hectic and adventurous'. The roads north were littered with incidents which still cause us to chuckle to this very day.

onwards, derek

Edited by Derek Pearson
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Chesterfield Winding Wheel Nighter, I think. Danny Everard, Dave Thorley joint promotion? Hassle from Police I seem to recall. Also a warm up in Chesterfield Conservative Club. Asking for directions to the Chesterfield Conservative Club did not go down to well with the locals at that time. Had to tell em that I was only going to plant bombs!!!

Regards Alan

Social source share

post-1224-1172005709_thumb.jpg

Came across a bundle of these old bits n bats at the weekend-

Southend WMC - this followed on from when Stafford TOTW finished, posted up some pictures last year or so.

The Peacock in Yeadon, Leeds up by the airport. Think it ran Wednesday nights and as I was at college in Leeds till 7.30 that night I often used to call in for a couple of drinks on my way home. Was driving a motorbike at the time and do recall turning up there one rainy night dressed in waterproofs. As I got to the door they said "You do know its a soul night don't ya". Dave Bywell read and weep.

Major Lance in 1982-that must've been at Hinkley Leisure Centre, got some pics somewhere.

Smokey in Halifax in 1983 would you believe it eh? Still got a Tee shirt from that night!

Carlisle 1995 dates - the mid 90s were for our gang what you might describe as 'hectic and adventurous'. The roads north were littered with incidents which still cause us to chuckle to this very day.

onwards, derek

Hi Derek .....

My Good Lady and I were at the SR concert at Halifax . It was the first time we had been out together since the birth of our son a few months earlier , and the first time she had left him ( with my mother - in - law ) ; she was on tenterhooks all night , wandering how he was .....

I too still have a tee shirt , but it now would hug the curves if I were to try it on ; is this the same for you ?

Malc Burton

Social source share

Chesterfield Winding Wheel Nighter, I think. Danny Everard, Dave Thorley joint promotion? Hassle from Police I seem to recall. Also a warm up in Chesterfield Conservative Club. Asking for directions to the Chesterfield Conservative Club did not go down to well with the locals at that time. Had to tell em that I was only going to plant bombs!!!

Regards Alan

Definately was The Winding Wheel Alan. If I remember rightly there used to be a gay bar below the Con Club. Remember all the hassle, all cars stopped in main car park in town centre, buses turned back...bastards :yes::lol: All that hassle they caused and they nicked one person :lol: They would have had better luck at the Adam and Eve down the road.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!