The Casualeers

Guest melandthensome

Guest melandthensome

What ever happened to these 4 guys?

what a stomper 'dance dance dance' is......I will never ever forget the first time that was spun at the all-nighters.....still got a copy.Great record.....

and even have 'you better be sure' on Laurie....

mel

Social source share

Guest melandthensome

Kevin

yeah top sound mate

I remember buying it on a Roulette white demo alongside a white demo of John Ladrews 'Whats the matter with me' many moons ago :thumbsup:

Social source share

What ever happened to these 4 guys?

what a stomper 'dance dance dance' is......I will never ever forget the first time that was spun at the all-nighters.....still got a copy.Great record.....

and even have 'you better be sure' on Laurie....

mel

Hi Mel

Top Tune, always will be. :wicked:

Dance, Dance, Dance - The Casualeers - Roulette -

2954 refosoul Roulette_R-4722a.jpg

Edited by 45cellar
Social source share

• 10 years later...

BRILLIANT....luvly to read folk are still respecting our roots with quality tunes!x  I first heard Dance Dance Dance in my school youth club aged 14 mid 70's. Luv'd it....made me dance. When I made a decision to DJ on the Northern scene it was among the first 100 records I bought...from Robyn Gourlay...!x That was '93. By 94 I had a mint Roulette demo and was dead proud of it!x So...I get asked to DJ at the 100 Club Xmas Party '94/5 or it could have been '96....!....and I kick off with it after Butch....hell yeah. The place was LAUNCHED....and half a dozen late teens/moddy types came legging up to the decks after they had danced their ar*es of to it to ask WTF WOZ THAT???!!!x I....was overjoyed with its success that night....and I was 15 again....job done!!  A tune....will always be a tune....I reckon!x I'm outta here....and I leave you with Lexy's 'dance lesson videos'....!!!!!!!!x We all gotta start somewhere!!!x

@@
~
LUV

SOOTY

X

100c.jpg

• Up vote 2
Social source share

17 hours ago, geeselad said:

That's really good, but I has it ever been played out? 

As far as I'm aware it's never been played out, Gene Serina had the master but sadly passed away in January this year. Dave Has been in contact regards some information & My other half has tried to contact the relevant people for a release by Dave but as yet we have had no response :(. I have let Dave know we have a full copy, but for copyright I don't know where we stand? I would love it If Dave could release it so that others could enjoy such a great sound around the globe as we believe it would definitely get the dancefloor action it deserves.

Kirsty

Social source share

27 minutes ago, Gold Band said:

As far as I'm aware it's never been played out, Gene Serina had the master but sadly passed away in January this year. Dave Has been in contact regards some information & My other half has tried to contact the relevant people for a release by Dave but as yet we have had no response :(. I have let Dave know we have a full copy, but for copyright I don't know where we stand? I would love it If Dave could release it so that others could enjoy such a great sound around the globe as we believe it would definitely get the dancefloor action it deserves.

Kirsty

Gene Serina was a member of the Lost Souls who themselves had a Northern biggie 'I'm Your Love, Man' on Glasco. Didn't realise he'd passed away.

• Up vote 1
Social source share

Guest Carl Dixon

Hi Kirsty

Someone will own that recording somewhere. Whether it is the executive producer or somebody who bought the masters from them, or their estate if they have sadly passed away etc. The person who owns the master now may not have a clue what it is, if that makes sense. Paul Mooney may have a much better idea than me, but respectfully there are moral rights to a recorded work. When I do my productions there are sometimes 30 different versions as the song takes shape. The song and production evolves and the end result could be better or worse than a previous take in the studio for example. I would not want my earlier versions released of my songs as they are sub standard in mixing terms and indeed, never been mastered. BUT...I like trivia too, so hearing different versions can be a historical real eye or ear opener. Of course the question is, who owns the original release master? I think they would own subsequent version/takes in the studio as part of the deal etc.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!