Shorty Long ! Motown Artist ! More Info Please

Sunnysoul

With all the massive trawling through the Motown vaults of unreleased stuff over the last 25 years or so - and the general deeper appreciation of the Motown legacy - one artist that still SEEMS to get little attention is SHORTY LONG.

All that is ever written about Shorty is that he died tragically in a boating accident in the late 60's.

And aside from the two excellent LP's he recorded for the company , little else is known or said about him.

Anyone have any more bio info, video or audio clips , reminiscences , authentic acetates , favourite tracks they want to talk about ?

:wicked:

Social source share

• Replies 7
  • Views 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

there a brilliant Motown single only issued in Australia cant remember the title? His harmonica was put in his coffin at his funeral.

Edited by mobbsy
Social source share

Guest Lady Maverick

Devil With a Blue Bress - shorty long - motown

15262 refosoul

I have a book at home which might list more about him...for now, here is one of his most popular hits. I actually thought I had more on my disc drive... :shhh:

Edited by Lady Maverick
Social source share

Baby Come Home to me - shorty long - soul 719 - the prime of shorty long

15278 refosoul

and finally...another one that was off the album and was good enough to be included on the This Is Northern Soul Volume 1 CD in 1998 (not that a give a stuff about these horrible digital plastic things!)

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert