• Replies 164
  • Views 15.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest Richard Bergman

Another all girl affair- enjoyed the last one heard some great tunes played out that you very rarely hear - lets hope it's a good one this time again

I’ll be attending this event, but with much trepidation, by some foul quirk I shall be accompanied on this crazed road trip with 2 Englishmen and 1 Welshman (all members of this Forum). I am certain one of these beasts once killed a man at a “Dog” track with a pool cue (Hell, they are all ex cons with filthy and ungodly habits). I shall be carrying a pint of Glenlivet Whiskey, cheap Gin, Imported Beers and various “Potions” (that help to straighten crooked legs on such adventures). If a thing is worth doing, then it is worth doing right………

.Cry Havoc, and let slip the Dogs of War……..

If not im sure we can all agree on a pub to meet up in before hand, the one around the corner from valatone has allowed us to spin tunes in there before and stay till 1am

link

Yeah i usually have a heart starter in that boozer (if it's same one...attractive young Swedish bar satff :wicked: ) that would be an ideal meeting place, not certain what time me and the Leeds crowd will arrive.....probably around 10.41 am.......... :wicked:

will make an effort to find out and get back to you on it

link

The George i believe is bang outside Euston station, and is not the boozer with the scandanavian bar staff..........(thats about 100 yards nearer Valatone....but Hell i'm certain we can have a filthy pub crawl......anything less would be rude.......

The Royal George Pub https://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show....l_George/Euston

Looks likes my team of merry pranksters (Soulsville/Lagerlout/Rich Buckley and possibly Shane H) will be making a major push toward this establishment prior to the 100 Club, hopefully as early as is humanly possible (i need to consult my lawyer) so unless you locals have a better idea please get back asap.......My people are uneasy unless i organize a deep and thorough agenda for their awful gin swilling activities...........

Brett

Guest lagerlout

The Royal George Pub https://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/show....l_George/Euston

Looks likes my team of merry pranksters (Soulsville/Lagerlout/Rich Buckley and possibly Shane H) will be making a major push toward this establishment prior to the 100 Club, hopefully as early as is humanly possible (i need to consult my lawyer) so unless you locals have a better idea please get back asap.......My people are uneasy unless i organize a deep and thorough agenda for their awful gin swilling activities...........

Brett

link

my dearest brett

once again you come up with another inn for us

to visit whilst we wait for the doors to open at

the 100 club,my hat goes off to you for your

some what military intellegence on these matter

of importance of drinking establishments for said

soul soldiers to have a bit of free time before the

big event...

yoursoulfully

capt..schmekel

post-704-1104658360_thumb.jpg

Brett

link

Might join you in there Brettski, what time does beer sampling start ?

JM

Another all girl affair- enjoyed the last one heard some great tunes played out that you very rarely hear  - lets hope it's a good one this time again

link

The Girls Affair was a good one last time,really enjoyed it,some real mid up tempo sounds and I thought the girls only play girly records.Cheers Billy

Hi ya, Janine, thank you for the birthday pressie, xx Sorry if I didnt wish you Happy New Year - but there you go, I have now xx

I will try and make 100 - especially for you, Michele, Alison & Jo, etc., xx

Brett

link

I've sheltered in this boozer pre 100 Club before. It's not too busy and the food is also quite good. Any idea on arrival time Brett ?

The Royal George will do for me, I'll see you all there.  I believe it's Jamie's round first! :wicked:   ranting_1.gif

link

At your bloody prices????

"A large Urn of tap water please bar man,

And six dusty mugs to fill as we please......" :ohmy:

Guest in town Mikey

Ah the Royal George!! The pub made famous at Christmas about 4 years ago where the landlady's boyfriend stabbed her 38 times and left here to bleed to death on xmas day evening after the pub had shut. You guys like taking a chance dont you ranting_1.gif

Ah the Royal George!! The pub made famous at Christmas about 4 years ago where the landlady's boyfriend stabbed her 38 times and left here to bleed to death on xmas day evening after the pub had shut.  You guys like taking a chance dont you  :wicked:

link

Sounds like it could give The Blind Beggar a run for it's money then! Safety in numbers! ranting_1.gif

Guest in town Mikey

Heh Heh.

as far as I know its on OK pub. It just made the national news for a while.

If you turn the opposite way (right) coming out of Euston station and go to the pub in the road directly opposite, i think it may be the Vine or the Grapes or something like that, on a lunch time when Arsenal are at home, you are likely to find a whole bunch of Arsenal fans decked in designer labels, and in a not very welcoming frame of mind.

This is good to know if you've arranged to meet mates as I did before a trip up to Luton :wicked:ranting_1.gif

Ah the Royal George!! The pub made famous at Christmas about 4 years ago where the landlady's boyfriend stabbed her 38 times and left here to bleed to death on xmas day evening after the pub had shut.  You guys like taking a chance dont you  :thumbsup:

link

Well I think they will have moved the body by now, so we won't have to step over it, so that's ok.

Guest Stuart T

Well I think they will have moved the body by now, so we won't have to step over it, so that's ok.

link

One time I was in there and some woman tried to throw my pint at the barman :thumbsup: . Cheeky cow, hang on to your pints is my advice, you should be okay then. thumbsup.gif

The pub on the corner before Valatone is The Prince Arthur. We've had emergency do's there in the past.

Phil

link

Is that the one with scandanavian bar staff........

Never had a problem in the George before, still i may now demand any future pre Club drinks in locations with a smell of death in the air.....

Guest in town Mikey

No idea Ady.

Anyone travelling down with Chris W, better be prepared to see lots of London. On the night we arranged to meet i kept getting calls along the lines of "we are in Sheperds Bush. Is that anywhere near you?" I think that means he took a right at the end of the M1 instead of coming straight down the A1. Still if you've never been to London before you get a good look around.

:thumbsup:

Guest Chris Waterman

No idea Ady.

Anyone travelling down with Chris W, better be prepared to see lots of London. On the night we arranged to meet i kept getting calls along the lines of "we are in Sheperds Bush. Is that anywhere near you?" I think that means he took a right at the end of the M1 instead of coming straight down the A1. Still if you've never been to London before you get a good look around.

:thumbsup:

link

We are traveling down on Friday to go to Madame JoJo's so will prob miss that and the first 4 hrs of the 100 Club but i am sure i will enjoy the sites south of the river

help us out Mickey give us a land mark biggrin.gif

Guest in town Mikey

Well Jo Jo's is about 500 yards from the pub you didnt make it to, so good luck mate :thumbsup:

Who is on at jo Jo's? not my mug of tea, but lots of 100 clubbers do enjoy it.

Guest Chris Waterman

Well Jo Jo's is about 500 yards from the pub you didnt make it to, so good luck mate :thumbsup:

Who is on at jo Jo's? not my mug of tea, but lots of 100 clubbers do enjoy it.

link

Mikey

Guy and Keb

regards

Chris (shite map reader) W.

Guest in town Mikey

Mikey

Guy and Keb

regards

Chris (shite map reader) W.

link

Be intersting to see how some of Guys tunes go down with the thump twang thump lot.

Love him to stick on a few ballads like - 'In your eyes', or 'The song of a woman'.

Go on Guy!!

Guest Chris Waterman

Be intersting to see how some of Guys tunes go down with the thump twang thump lot.

Love him to stick on a few ballads like - 'In your eyes', or 'The song of a woman'.

Go on Guy!!

link

Funny you should say that as i was just talking to him and he said he would be doing a Northern hour towards the end

All staions are go.....been in touch with all relevent groups, people from various walks of life are gathering at the Royal George for a pre 100 beer, i will be taking buttons as a form of payment as the "MAN" has taken all my money, but hell im in a better state than a landlady from this past establishment........

yours...........BRETT

ps we will hopefully see Chris Waterman........if he gets there in time...........( he set off yesterday !!!!!!!)

All staions are go.....been in touch with all relevent groups, people from various walks of life are gathering at the Royal George for a pre 100 beer, i will be taking buttons as a form of payment as the "MAN" has taken all my money, but hell im in a better state than a landlady from this past establishment........

yours...........BRETT

ps we will hopefully see Chris Waterman........if he gets there in time...........( he set off yesterday !!!!!!!)

link

I like the way we're taking it easy Brett - Jamie's picking me up at 1pm...... rolleyes.gif

Still, no doubt we can wave At Chris W when we're on our way back up the M1 on Sunday, as he'll have just about found the M1 south by that stage :P

OK then, the big night is almost upon us. The Soul Waggon is in for a spruce up in the morning in preparation for the long journey ahead.

Any other Soul Sourcers joining us in the boozer for light refreshments?

Can anyone tell me if I can park up near Euston and get the car after the 100? or will I have to park near the 100 and walk back to the George pub and then onto the 100?

Any help from our affluent southern cousins would be much appreciated!!

Jamie

Guest in town Mikey

Jamie.

I would park in the street behind the 100 club. You can easily walk to Euston. (The slightly longer but much easier route is:) Go back onto Oxford St. Head left to Tottenham Court Road Station. Turn left into Tottenham Court Road. When you get up to Warren Street station turn right along Euston Road. Euston Station will be on your left. Walk past, until you reach the first set of traffic lights past the station (before the fire station). You can cross over there and the pub is about 75 yards up on the right.

Alternatively if you fancy being a flash nancydan as is the rage in London. You could hop on the tube at either Tottenham Court Road or Oxford Circus, and head north. Both the Victoria and Northern lines go to Euston. Exit the underground up the escalator for the main station. When you get to ground level, take the exit straight in front of you( dont turn right and go out of one of those exits. There is a W H Smiths, you should be exiting the station beside the shop), and walk to the steps. The pub is at the bottom of the steps on the other side of the road. Should cost about £2 or whatever the single fare is for a zone 1 trip nowadays.

Or another alternative is the 73 bus from Oxford Street, although Red Ken, in the interest of customers and not in big business in any way, has made getting a bus a major military task, way to complicated to go into here.

Edited by in town Mikey
Guest lagerlout

OK then, the big night is almost upon us. The Soul Waggon is in for a spruce up in the morning in preparation for the long journey ahead.

Any other Soul Sourcers joining us in the boozer for light refreshments?

Can anyone tell me if I can park up near Euston and get the car after the 100? or will I have to park near the 100 and walk back to the George pub and then onto the 100?

Any help from our affluent southern cousins would be much appreciated!!

Jamie

link

cart wait to go down,t smoke again

you picking me up first jamie cos i

wanna ride shotgun seen as im taking one