100 Club 8th January 2005

I had a great night, just a shame I missed Janine's spot :( , hope it went well.

It was good to meet Jamie, Richie, Dave Rimmer, Pikey's Dog, Brett, Andy F, Shane, Chris W, Dave Abbott, Janine, KarenC and anyone else I've forgotten for a few drinks before the 100 Club.

It was unnerving to find out that Adolf Hitler is alive & kicking and residing in Camden! :yes::lol::(

• Replies 164
  • Views 15.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Guest lagerlout

I had a great night, just a shame I missed Janine's spot  :( , hope it went well.

It was good to meet Jamie, Richie, Dave Rimmer, Pikey's Dog, Brett, Andy F, Shane, Chris W, Dave Abbott, Janine, KarenC and anyone else I've forgotten for a few drinks before the 100 Club.

It was unnerving to find out that Adolf Hitler is alive & kicking and residing in Camden!  :yes::lol::(

link

:( the little tash and side parting

id had a few by then and was going

to hand him over to whitehall

Agree to all of above - what a nite.

Started off at Gary Todd's do in Eastleigh.

Managed to cadge a lift in from Tracy & Molly - cheers!

Danced me ass off (have terrible cramp today) to top quality soul all nite.

Good to see old mates & one heck of lot of soul source regulars.

It was good fun putting faces to names!

come on ladys post your play list up please :(   :(   :yes:   :lol:

link

Mamie Lee - I can feel him slipping away MGM

Choice of Colour - Your Love - APT

Intrigues - I'm gonna love you - Yew

Ed Simpson - Pinch Hitter - Gold Future

Ascots - Just a few feet from the gutter - American Playboy

Timeless Legend - I was born to love you - Dawn Lite

Benny Harper - My Prayer - Harper Soul

Anna Raye - Will you love my child - Quality Sound

The Spartans - I dont need another lover - Era

California Rock Choir - Whoever You are - Cyclone

Betty Lloyd - I'm catching on - BSC

Norwood Long - I'd like to have you - Groovy Grooves

Othello Robinson - So in luv - Era

Exportations - I want you - Vir-ro

Florence Miller - The groove that Im in - P&P

Dee Dee Warwick - Where is that rainbow - Mercury (request)

San Franciscan TKO's - Make up your mind - Kent

Masqueraders - How big is big - Bell

Guest lagerlout

======

:yes:   well it's not bleeding anymore. It has happened before, but much smaller cuts....always the same reason though :( I'm no longer gonna clap, gonna get some castinets, and click them at the appropriate time  :lol:

Winnie:-)

link

:(

Was a quality day from start to finish. Was in the George at 6.00pm after a steady drive from Leeds so we could have a few cheeky ones.

Nice to see Adolf out of uniform and in Denim at the Valatone Club.

And the SSCDT managed to get a good game of darts in before we left for the 100.

Superb night, it's like one big happy family - everyone knows everyone!

Nini & Ali can be very proud of their sets, and a special word for Ali going out on limb and playing a set not normally associated with the 100. I also enjoyed Cookies' set as usual.

We went to the wrong Starbucks afterwards, following the directions from Karen, the one we went to was shut!!. So we just buggered off home!

See you all soon,

Jamie

Guest CapitolSC

Barbara Christian - Not Like You Boy - Brownie

Art Wheeler – That’s How Much I Love You - Cee Jam

Summits - Sophisticated Lady - La Salle

Dramatics - All Because Of You - Sport

Art Benton - Sweet Loving - Chris

Mary Saxton - I'm Losing Control - Birchmount LP

Jack Montgomery - Baby, Baby Take A Chance On Me - Revue

Tommy Turner - Lazy - Ebam

George Kirby - What Can I Do - Cadet

Spyder Turner - Your Good Enough For Me -MGM

Eddie & Ernie - I Can't Do It - Eastern

Roy Roberts - Got To Have You Love - Bo Ro

Blue Jays - Point Of View - Jay

Johnny De Vigne - I Smell Trouble - Delite

Otis Lee - Hard Row To How - Quaint

James Carr - A Losing Game – Goldwax

Think that was it, cheers Sharnya :lol:

Guest vinylvixen

Was a quality day from start to finish. Was in the George at 6.00pm after a steady drive from Leeds so we could have a few cheeky ones.

Nice to see Adolf out of uniform and in Denim at the Valatone Club.

And the SSCDT managed to get a good game of darts in before we left for the 100.

Superb night, it's like one big happy family - everyone knows everyone!

Nini & Ali can be very proud of their sets, and a special word for Ali going out on limb and playing a set not normally associated with the 100. I also enjoyed Cookies' set as usual.

We went to the wrong Starbucks afterwards, following the directions from Karen, the one we went to was shut!!. So we just buggered off home!

See you all soon,

Jamie

link

And the rest????????? Sharnya? Niamh? Michelle? All the deejays did sets that aren't normally associated with the 100 Club - variety and quality :yes: Only joking............Niamh's RnB set fired up the floor and Sharnya played one amazing tune after another - TOMMY TURNER - LUCKY........bloody 'ell, how cool is that? Alisons set with Choice of Colour was excellent and carried on the sterling work that Soulful Cris, Russ Vickers and Terry Jones pioneer - more of it, I say. Cookie pulled one rabbit out of the hat after another and Janine displayed a maturity of records that normally only comes with years of collecting. Can't comment on Michelle as I left just before her set but Adrienne Croasdell did well for a cross dresser........where does she get those tunes from??? Everyone has said what a great night it was and I tend to agree with them :lol: Jo
Guest vinylvixen

come on ladys post your play list up please :(   :(   :yes:   :lol:

link

What did I play.....hmm, here goes and in no particular order (and what I can remember - there were more but I'm getting old :( ):

D D Sharp - Deep Dark Secret

Yum Yums - Big Thing

Dynamics - Yes I love you baby

Mary Lou Williams - You know how

G Davis & R Tyler - Hold on help is on it's way

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home

Tempos - I'll never forget

Patti Ward - Girls you have to wait for love

Marriots - Tell it like it is

Barbara Lynn - This is the thanks I get

August Moon - Wasted Years

Terri Bryant - Genie

Gladys - Love

Falcons - I'm a fool

Yvonne Baker - Mend the torn pieces

Minits - Still a part of me

Earl Van Dyke - All for you

Dells - Make Sure

Jo

And the rest????????? Sharnya? Niamh? Michelle? All the deejays did sets that aren't normally associated with the 100 Club - variety and quality 

link

blush.gif Didn't mean it to sound like that, I thought everyone made the night what it was - superb.

Because I know Nini was 'bricking it' before she went on & the stuff Ali played thought I'd give them a bit of an extra mention.

No offence intended :D

Shirley Wahls - That's how long (im gonna love you) - King

Lilly Fields - Iv'e got to tell you - Holton

Anita Humes & The Essex - What did I do - Roulette

Little Charles - Guess i'll have to take what's left - Jewel

Danny Wagner - I Lost a true love - Imperial

The Adventurers - I've caught you cheatin - Music World

The Belles - Don't Pretend - Mirwood

The Strides - I can get along - MS

Drake and the En-Solids - Please Leave Me - Alteen

Joanie Sommers - Don't Pity Me - Warner Bros

Marvin Gaye - Little Darling I Need You - Tamla

Bill Bush - I'm Waiting - Ronn

The Hyperions - Why you wanna treat me - Chattahoochee

And played for all soul source's

Dobie Gray - Out on the Floor

blush.gif

Guest lagerlout

blush.gif

link

out on the floor ...brilliant

======

:D   well it's not bleeding anymore. It has happened before, but much smaller cuts....always the same reason though :D I'm no longer gonna clap, gonna get some castinets, and click them at the appropriate time  :D

Winnie:-)

link

winnie m8 take some hand cream with you ,thats stops them splitting ,personal experience m8

span blush.gif

Guest lagerlout

winnie m8 take some hand cream with you ,thats stops them splitting ,personal experience m8

span blush.gif

link

yeah span your right ..but your,s want from clapping :D

:D

link

What! no Dean Barlow ? blush.gif:D

span

Guest Johnny One Trout

I can only echo everyones sentiment's that it was a superb night out both musically and socially all the DJ's were excellent.

I think a special mention is due for Alison on actually managing to stay til the end blush.gif:D:D:D

Guest Stuart T

Barbara Christian - Not Like You Boy - Brownie

Art Wheeler - That's How Much I Love You - Cee Jam

Summits - Sophisticated Lady - La Salle

Dramatics - All Because Of You - Sport

Art Benton - Sweet Loving - Chris

Mary Saxton - I'm Losing Control - Birchmount LP

Jack Montgomery - Baby, Baby Take A Chance On Me - Revue

Tommy Turner - Lazy - Ebam

George Kirby - What Can I Do - Cadet

Spyder Turner - Your Good Enough For Me -MGM

Eddie & Ernie - I Can't Do It - Eastern

Roy Roberts - Got To Have You Love - Bo Ro

Blue Jays - Point Of View - Jay

Johnny De Vigne - I Smell Trouble - Delite

Otis Lee - Hard Row To How - Quaint

James Carr - A Losing Game - Goldwax

Think that was it, cheers Sharnya :D

link

Although Janine will probably hang me for treason this was my favourite set of the night. blush.gif

I think a special mention is due for Alison on actually managing to stay til the end :D:D:D:D

link

Ah, but you''ll bear the brunt of my tired grumpiness all week John blush.gif Nights like that are well worth it.

Now that Temptress Mistress Wallace is waving appealing posts about Pisa as well - dilemma - same weekend as the Orwell :D

Guest vinylvixen

Very much enjoyed the whole evening (yesterday was a wipe out though ! )Thanks to Horatia Lovelylegs for giving us such a great opportunity - the music from everyone was top notch IMVFHO.

link

And now it's time to unleash the ladies in their own stand alone sets and put them on the same line ups as the guys :D ..........maybe change the Ladies Only night to a 100 Club Launch Pad......in a deejay/ collector kind of way - what do you lot think blush.gif Give deejays/ collectors who haven't had much exposure on the scene either North or South of England a chance to display their wares using the same format - 4 or 5 fairly unknown names....we've all suggested names on this list in the past who deserve recognition and now is the time to bump up this thread. You are the all seeing all hearing eyes/ ears of the scene and we can't all be everywhere at the same time so we can all see different deejays and nominate them. Make your vote count.........I'll start the ball rolling - Andy Faulkner, Simon Bridger and Jumpin' Joan.

And the rest????????? Sharnya? Niamh? Michelle? All the deejays did sets that aren't normally associated with the 100 Club - variety and quality  blush.gif Only joking............Niamh's RnB set fired up the floor

link

I thought all the ladies did a good job, but I especially enjoyed Niamh,personally I thought it was the dogs danglies,even got me off my lazy bum to dance to quite a few.

:D

link

Every tune bearing the mark of Janine! :Dblush.gif

Although Janine will probably hang me for treason this was my favourite set of the night

----------------------------------

Not at all, it wasn't a competition! I was just happy that we managed to talk you into coming along with us on the night, next time we will introduce you to a few people and who knows, by the end of the year you might even have a friend all of your own blush.gif:D:D

Guest Johnny One Trout

Although Janine will probably hang me for treason this was my favourite set of the night

Not at all, it wasn't a competition!  I was just happy that we managed to talk you into coming along with us on the night, next time we will introduce you to a few people and who knows, by the end of the year you might even have a friend all of your own blush.gif   :D   :D

link

Janine has so many they even made a CD of it Check This Out WOW

Guest vinylvixen

Every tune bearing the mark of Janine! :D   blush.gif

link

Yes, she's written in THICK BLACK MARKER on every label - THIS RECORD BELONGS TO JANINE SNOW............ :D Good job really, otherwise I'd have that Hyperions away from under her nose before she could say AL WILLIAMS :D Jo

And now it's time to unleash the ladies in their own stand alone sets and put them on the same line ups as the guys  :D ..........maybe change the Ladies Only night to a 100 Club Launch Pad......in a deejay/ collector kind of way - what do you lot think  blush.gif Give deejays/ collectors who haven't had much exposure on the scene either North or South of England a chance to display their wares using the same format - 4 or 5 fairly unknown names....we've all suggested names on this list in the past who deserve recognition and now is the time to bump up this thread.  You are the all seeing all hearing eyes/ ears of the scene and we can't all be everywhere at the same time so we can all see different deejays and nominate them.  Make your vote count.........I'll start the ball rolling - Andy Faulkner, Simon Bridger and Jumpin' Joan.

link

Paul Sadot and Lizz Foster..and they're both on at the next New Century all niter.

What did I play.....hmm, here goes and in no particular order (and what I can remember - there were more but I'm getting old blush.gif ):

D D Sharp - Deep Dark Secret

Yum Yums - Big Thing

Dynamics - Yes I love you baby

Mary Lou Williams - You know how

G Davis & R Tyler - Hold on help is on it's way

Southwind Symphony - Coming Home

Tempos - I'll never forget

Patti Ward - Girls you have to wait for love

Marriots - Tell it like it is

Barbara Lynn - This is the thanks I get

August Moon - Wasted Years

Terri Bryant - Genie

Gladys - Love

Falcons - I'm a fool

Yvonne Baker - Mend the torn pieces

Minits - Still a part of me

Earl Van Dyke - All for you

Dells - Make Sure

Jo

link

Glad you posted your playlist Jo, I remember dancin' to quiet a few of the tracks you played, The Marroitts is one of the wife's Fav's. Patti Ward......Love it, I also thought the Dynamics sounded good, often overlooked nowadays. But the track of interest to me was August Moon.......Wasted years.... Which I beleive is on O-Gee. I heard this played last week at Greatstone Manchester, It's a great track and I want one.........what chance of pointing me the right direction :D

JM

And now it's time to unleash the ladies in their own stand alone sets and put them on the same line ups as the guys  :D ..........maybe change the Ladies Only night to a 100 Club Launch Pad......in a deejay/ collector kind of way - what do you lot think  blush.gif Give deejays/ collectors who haven't had much exposure on the scene either North or South of England a chance to display their wares using the same format - 4 or 5 fairly unknown names....we've all suggested names on this list in the past who deserve recognition and now is the time to bump up this thread.  You are the all seeing all hearing eyes/ ears of the scene and we can't all be everywhere at the same time so we can all see different deejays and nominate them.  Make your vote count.........I'll start the ball rolling - Andy Faulkner, Simon Bridger and Jumpin' Joan.

link

Good point Jo, I would love to see alot more deejays / collectors getting a chance...........Don't think it's just about picking names at random though, hundreds out there who got the records, just generally think lot's more exposure for lesser names would be good. :D

JM

Edited by johnmay

My mate Cookie is having probs getting on the Forum and has ashed me to post her playlist from last Sat 100 club,,,,,,,,,,,

here i am erm not so fresh from the 100 club ...would like to say a huge thanks to all who attended..many many list members ...we the ladies thank you for your support

well i had a cracker...much in tune wiv my fave venue......here goes the playlist......

THE STEELERS - JUST BEGINNING TO LOVE YOU

THE MASQUADERS - THATS THE SAME THING

DELEGATES OF SOUL - I'LL COME RUNNING BACK

HOUSTON OUTLAWS - AINT NO TELLIN

FABULOUS DIMENSIONS - I CANT TAKE IT BABY

CONSTELLATIONS - I DIDNT KNOW HOW TO

BILLY HAMBRIC - SHE SAID GOODBYE

FRANK DELL - HE BROKE YOUR GAME WIDE OPEN

THE VAN DYKES - SAVE MY LOVE FOR A RAINY DAY

MAURICE WILLIAMS - BEING WITHOUT YOU

SYNG Mc GOWAN - THATS WHAT I WANT

FOUR PROS - JUST ANOTHER GIRL

CASHMERES - SHOWSTOPPER

JOHNNY BARTEL - IF THIS ISNT LOVE

THE O'JAYS - I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU

FREDDIE NORTH - THE HURT

POOKIE HUDSON - THIS GETS TO ME

want to say thanks to all the dancers who made my 100 club debut just bloomin perfect.....

cookie

Nice one Cookie i LURV that STEELERS biggrin.gif EXELLENT mate!!

Nige B

Guest Stuart T

Not at all, it wasn't a competition!  I was just happy that we managed to talk you into coming along with us on the night, next time we will introduce you to a few people and who knows, by the end of the year you might even have a friend all of your own thumbsup.gif   :D   :D

link

Flippin' cheek. Anyhow, they'll only go and emigrate like the others. :D

Wasn't that the quickest route to the 100 Club ever? I should be a taxi driver. You really do have no sense of direction whatsoever. :D

Flippin' cheek.  Anyhow, they'll only go and emigrate like the others.  :D

Wasn't that the quickest route to the 100 Club ever?  I should be a taxi driver.  You really do have no sense of direction whatsoever.  :D

link

erm why do you think we insited you came out to play with us? thumbsup.gif

Aw man, this is making me ill. I can't believe I missed it.

The playlists are fantastic and we haven't even had Nimh's yet!

'Geni' at the 100 Club?! I'd have blown my top.....

That'll serve me right....

Bollocks.

link

I do remember that Niamh played Dorothy Berry and Jimmy Norman - I'm with you all the way. top tune biggrin.gif

Guest Stuart T

Dave can do right and left if we paint a big R and L on his wellies

link

I know but this time can you make sure that he puts them on the corresponding feet?